I Learned Lessons From My Surgery.

My appendix surgery gave me a reason to think of my mistakes in life. I realized that if it's possible, a person should set an amount intended for emergencies such as sickness. I never thought that this thing could happen to me considering that I'm healthy and having a good physical structure. I render rigorous exercise daily and eat nutritious foods. I am also disciplined, follow healthy rules, and I don't even smoke. However, I became over confident that I'm a strong man even at my age. That is one of my mistakes; my strength caused me to believe that I feel like a 35-year old guy. I did things that a young guy does. Now, I have to sit down for a while and be contented with slow walking exercises. But I don't regret; I'm happy that I've learned lessons even at my age.

My appendix surgery gave me a reason to think of my mistakes in life. I realized that if it's possible, a person should set an amount intended for emergencies such as sickness. I never thought that this thing could happen to me considering that I'm healthy and having a good physical structure. I render rigorous exercise daily and eat nutritious foods. I am also disciplined, follow healthy rules, and I don't even smoke. However, I became over confident that I'm a strong man even at my age. That is one of my mistakes; my strength caused me to believe that I feel like a 35-year old guy. I did things that a young guy does. Now, I have to sit down for a while and be contented with slow walking exercises. But I don't regret; I'm happy that I've learned lessons even at my age.
I think pain is a lesson,
to understand we are inside our bodies, that we are not our bodies but passengers,
one day we have to get out of these smelly rusty old wrecks.

The outward man is perishing, but the inward man is being renewed day by day. Our physical bodies are only so we can operate in this physical world. Our hearts have been raised with Christ, and are sitting on the right hand of God. This reality is only experienced by those who know it and believe it. We have been "circumcised" in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision which is of Christ. As we get older in age there comes a time in which we discover our physical bodies are perishing away, and our strength we once had has diminished. Most people do not discover this until they hurt themselves to realise it. The flesh is weak, but the spirit willing at all times.

Back