I need help and prayers

I have recently became a Christian. I am very new at this and I didn’t grow up with the Bible. I am currently reading it (although I am at the very begining) and I am just building my relationship with God and Jesus. I am not near perfect, but I’m trying. I don’t know what to do in my situation and I wanted to ask what the Christian thing to do is. I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years. We share a 2 year old daughter. Our relationship has been difficult. It has been a lot of hurt for me. He struggles with drugs, and other deep issues. Although he has been clean for about 4 months, he has recently told me he wanted to join a “motorcycle gang.” And was even on the verge of meeting with a crew. This is something I don’t want to be apart of and he knows it. I feel like things always go well for a few months and then he relapses or messes up, now he wants to join a gang. I pray and pray and ask God what he wants me to do. Whats the best thing to do with my family. Do I stay? And keep praying for him? And just endure the pain that I will for sure be getting. His relationship with Jesus is shaken. There are days he wants to do better and go to Church, and there are days he doesn’t believe in Him, or questions Him. What would God want me to do? We are not married. Is there a specific book or scripture I should read for some guidance? I know that having a child out of wedlock is a sin. As I mentioned before, I am a new Christian. I was lost before. Some days I still feel lost, but I just continue to talk to God and build that relationship. Is it wrong in the lords eyes if I was to leave and just pray for him from a far? Thank you 🙏🏻

I'll pray for your situation. You'll want to find time to talk to God who can help you. Ask for guidance, wisdom and the faith to fully trust him.

It would probably be wise to talk to your church pastor as well. He or she will be able to offer better specific advice having greater knowledge of your situation. They may be able also to refer you to local resources that can help with specific issues.

You are in a vulnerable situation, but God is able to help you. It sounds like he is calling you. Let God help you and seek the help of your local pastor.

No one is perfect before God. We all have sinned and yours is no greater than the sins of many others. Thankfully Christ has paid our debt fully and we can be made clean before God.

Thank you. It bring me to tears how much God and Jesus loves me. It brings me to tears and it makes my heart fill with joy to know the love of Jesus. I have never felt a love like this in my life. I’m just praying and praying for Jesus to continue guiding me. I’m so blessed to have come across this page where I can learn more about His teachings.

Hello, Maemm - Your situation is not unique. The staff and members here at CFS have provided scriptural support to other members who have had relationship issues, since 2006. CPerkins has given you some very wise and informative information. In addition to speaking with a Christian counselor or church Pastor in your immediate area, please pray to Our Father in the name of Jesus Christ for His guidance. Please remember that God always hears our prayers, but His responses to our prayers are on His time table, not ours. His guidance and His answers to our prayers may come in very unexpected ways. He is all knowing and His assistance for dealing with our trials and burdens are from His master plan for us. If God's response to prayer is not immediately seen or heard, be patient. His works are based on His love for us, His children, and He always knows what is best for us in the long term. May God Bless.

`

Thank you. It bring me to tears how much God and Jesus loves me. It brings me to tears and it makes my heart fill with joy to know the love of Jesus. I have never felt a love like this in my life. I’m just praying and praying for Jesus to continue guiding me. I’m so blessed to have come across this page where I can learn more about His teachings.

Hello Maemm;

Thank you for sharing with your new friends in Christ which also encourages us as well.

God bless you, your daughter, family and Merry Christmas.

It is a shared blessing. I believe that you have already blessed us here as well.

I have recently became a Christian. I am very new at this and I didn’t grow up with the Bible. I am currently reading it (although I am at the very begining) and I am just building my relationship with God and Jesus. I am not near perfect, but I’m trying. I don’t know what to do in my situation and I wanted to ask what the Christian thing to do is. I have been with my boyfriend for over 3 years. We share a 2 year old daughter. Our relationship has been difficult. It has been a lot of hurt for me. He struggles with drugs, and other deep issues. Although he has been clean for about 4 months, he has recently told me he wanted to join a “motorcycle gang.” And was even on the verge of meeting with a crew. This is something I don’t want to be apart of and he knows it. I feel like things always go well for a few months and then he relapses or messes up, now he wants to join a gang. I pray and pray and ask God what he wants me to do. Whats the best thing to do with my family. Do I stay? And keep praying for him? And just endure the pain that I will for sure be getting. His relationship with Jesus is shaken. There are days he wants to do better and go to Church, and there are days he doesn’t believe in Him, or questions Him. What would God want me to do? We are not married. Is there a specific book or scripture I should read for some guidance? I know that having a child out of wedlock is a sin. As I mentioned before, I am a new Christian. I was lost before. Some days I still feel lost, but I just continue to talk to God and build that relationship. Is it wrong in the lords eyes if I was to leave and just pray for him from a far? Thank you 🙏🏻

It sounds like you are far enough on the path of faith that you can find a support group for women at a good church and even a woman counselor.

For Biblical passages, they are kind of scattered and usually for the person who is well into the faith. One of those would be I Corinthians 7 and Paul is quite concerned that people not rush or think of marriage as a panacea. He is also concerned that people not 'burn sexually' and obviously that is not a very lofty reason to marry.

To save money, you can search for a mediator who can help work out a separation, and keep the father in contact with his child.

Make your own relation with God stronger than ever; write down prayer requests and leave blanks to fill in answers. Read and absorb at least one chapter of the New Testament each day. Some of the easier material is John, I John, Ephesians, Colossians, Titus, I Peter, 2 Peter.

Back