I Need Help

Jan 19, 2013
Completely agree with you BUT it all begins with a simple prayer in faith. Once a person confesses with his/her tongue and invites the Lord back into his/her heart the Lord will begin a new work in that persons life - changing his/her heart etc.

The Lord will never push anyone into believing in him - only gently led by the Holy Spirit.

Peace
Yes-prayer is our offense and defense in this world-but it is only valid if God is listening. God listens (hearkens/ hears) those whom are truly seeking Him. The 'heart condition' must be addressed first. Can prayer in meditation of the Word lead to salvation? It is a truth you have stated above.

With any problem-in order to solve any problem-the root issue must be identified and acknowledged first. How can someone accept payment of their sin debt without first recognize they are a sinner?

God has a process....His ways are unchanging....

Reactions: Jake
Jan 19, 2013
But does this mean that we can't want anything how are we to decide what is careless wicked living and what is good what is the grey area are we suppose to turn away from everything worldly and live a basic life i thought that was the point of Jesus dying for us so that we could make mistakes and so we didn't have to live a condemned life afraid of all the sin so that we could live life but be cautious of the temptations bc that is why i have Been having these panic attacks i feel as though every thought every want or desire or action i do isn't good enough and im condemned for it i feel as though my very fear of death and worry about what happens after is damming me
'Be still and know that I am God'

What is 'fear' of the Lord? Should we be 'afraid' of Hell? Does Christ give us a 'free pass to sin?

'Fear' of the Lord is a good healthy respect for the Holiness of God an an understanding that we live under the umbrella of His longsuffering and Mercy; He doesn't NEED us-we NEED Him. He wants us dependent on His will and ways.

As a believer; Hell is a very real place and I don't want to go there. Nor do I want others too. It is the separation from God for eternity; I would much rather be in God's presence than the alternative.

We don't get a 'free pass' from sin contrary to some teachings. We are to "fight" sin. Our spirit battles the flesh-and loses every time -'for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'. We 'WIN" when God steps in-or should I say-when we allow the Holy Spirit to have the controls. Does God forgive us? YES-BUT we have to make the effort; God want's workers in Spirit-not sloth.

When we become dependent on God and submit or 'self' to Him; then the Spirit has something to work with. Meditate on our perfect example; think how Jesus Christ humbled Himself to the unworthy. Think on how Christ became the mockery of all things good so we may have eternal life.

Humble your will to God and He will come....

May I suggest digesting your favorite Gospel (mine is John) as well as the Psalms & Romans.

Those who do not believe are condemned; those who believe will have life everlasting: salvation is the free gift to all those who accept. Blessings come with obedience and sacrifice after salvation. Call out to the LORD and be saved...

John 3:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Psalm 46:
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
This is soooo important, Dirty; glad you said it so plainly:

We don't get a 'free pass' from sin contrary to some teachings. We are to "fight" sin. Our spirit battles the flesh-and loses every time -'for the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'. We 'WIN" when God steps in-or should I say-when we allow the Holy Spirit to have the controls. Does God forgive us? YES-BUT we have to make the effort; God want's workers in Spirit-not sloth.

Reactions: Dirtyrottensinner
May 20, 2013
Hey guys i know this might not be what the forum is for but i proposed to her i prayed my heart out for peace and happiness and God delivered im still dealing with depression but thanks to your guys support and words in a short time God has given me the will to overcome the bitterness and anger and im getting married to the girl i love
Thank you all and Praise GOD !!!!!!!he is merciful

Nov 3, 2007
Australia
Hey guys i know this might not be what the forum is for but i proposed to her i prayed my heart out for peace and happiness and God delivered im still dealing with depression but thanks to your guys support and words in a short time God has given me the will to overcome the bitterness and anger and im getting married to the girl i love
Thank you all and Praise GOD !!!!!!!he is merciful
This is good news bro! CONGRATS!! :)
He is a merciful God full of grace, compassion and mercy not for us to take advantage with but to acknowledge how BIG his heart is. Do things God's way is being obedient and he loves that. You'll start to see his blessings pour down - keep seeking him with all your heart and don't give up..

God Bless

May 20, 2013
This is good news bro! CONGRATS!! :)
He is a merciful God full of grace, compassion and mercy not for us to take advantage with but to acknowledge how BIG his heart is. Do things God's way is being obedient and he loves that. You'll start to see his blessings pour down - keep seeking him with all your heart and don't give up..
he already has the doubt and fear is fading away the thought is still there but it doesn't really scare me so much as just makes me uncomfortable and i just pray and read a few scriptures look at the advice you guys have given and i bought some books with father advice and answers to all the biggest most asked bible and Christian life questions and i fight the daily fight of fear doubt and temptation and im proud to say that while I've lapsed some im winning
God Bless

May 28, 2013
I just wanted to say that I had some problems with panic attacks when I was in jail. The lawyers said I would never see my wife again. I prayed to our Lord Jesus for the first time in a long time and I continued to pray and read the bible.
After 5 months with only negative the Lord not only comforted me in jail but He also gave me my wife back. Are love for each other is stronger than ever.
I will pray for you to the God of all comfort.
Jesus Christ

May 20, 2013
I just wanted to say that I had some problems with panic attacks when I was in jail. The lawyers said I would never see my wife again. I prayed to our Lord Jesus for the first time in a long time and I continued to pray and read the bible.
After 5 months with only negative the Lord not only comforted me in jail but He also gave me my wife back. Are love for each other is stronger than ever.
Jesus Christ
Thank you very much and congradulations it sounds like He has blessed you very well.

Jan 2, 2013
Southern California
I
Jesus Christ
..would love to hear more of your testimony.

Reactions: Rusty

Banarenth

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
Orange City
The bad news is you can't ever be good enough. The good news is that you really, really can't ever be good enough. It just isn't about that. "Being good" is an effect of a righteous life, not the cause. It is a symptom, and it can be temporarily faked. Even the most vicious murderers can be absolutely the most pleasant, helpful, good people 99.999999% of their lives and still not be righteous. We can't earn our way into heaven. You said you were raised in the church, so you need to talk to your pastor and tell him that you want him to show you how to be saved. If he tells you that you have to be good enough, then find another church. If he tells you to repent and go to Jesus, then don't leave the room until you are absolutely, positively assured of your Salvation in Christ.

Reactions: Lifeasweknowit
Jan 2, 2013
Southern California
If he tells you to repent and go to Jesus, then don't leave the room until you are absolutely, positively assured of your Salvation in Christ.
Can you explain this part about being positively assured of your salvation in Christ? When I got saved, and for a while thereafter, I often doubted my salvation. I don't know if I do now, but I definitely don't think I'm good enough in His eyes. The road is narrow.

Banarenth

Sr Mod/Webmaster
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
Orange City
I generally avoid doing this on the Internet for the simple reason that it's better managed through person to person contact, and some of the details are related to denomination and credo and I don't properly know yours. This is why I advised him to go to his pastor. However, I will say, it simply isn't about being good enough, or being worthy.

The best assurance I have is to follow the Love. Love increases with the ministry of the Holy Spirit in our lives. The Bible even talks about the fruits of the Spirit as an effect of Love. The effect is one of Love. A general rule of thumb is that so long as love is increasing, you are heading in the right direction. When Love seems to be staying in one place, it is actually probably going backwards. It's not really so much something you do, but if you are being filled with Love, it will come out. The Holy Spirit is much too big to fit inside you (for a fun way of imagining it), so Love should automatically be pouring out because it is busting at your seams.

Jan 19, 2013
Look for fruit of the spirit Tink:

Galatians 5:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

We are always 'more capable' of tuning our hearts closer to God's frequency: I think 'repentance' is a continual process as we discover/ as things are revealed about how far away from God we really are. This can be overwhelming; then the 'spirit of doubt' will pounce on Christian at the precise moment we don't need it causing strife in our relationship with Christ. That's why we are in a constant battle from the time we wake in the morning. 'Die daily' when you arise and put on your 'spiritual armor' before you leave your bedroom.

Reactions: Banarenth and Rusty
May 30, 2013
North America
Can you explain this part about being positively assured of your salvation in Christ? When I got saved, and for a while thereafter, I often doubted my salvation. I don't know if I do now, but I definitely don't think I'm good enough in His eyes. The road is narrow.
Hi there; it's good to remember the blessed promises of the Lord Jesus to undeserving sinners; John 14:1-6. Hebrews chapters 9 and 10 (well worth reading) speak of the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ at the Cross, and this is the whole point why those who in faith love Him and trust Him may be assured before Him; it's never because we as sinners are supposedly deserving. God bless His Word to you.