I Need Help

May 20, 2013
Hey guys I'm back, and I know you're all probly wondering what my problem is but I'm still afraid. I have been living much better life reading the bible and reading books that give answers galore and I still have this uneasy feeling I can't explain. I don't know if it's still a what if there is nothing after I die fear or if I'm just afraid of death in general. I don't want to be afraid to lose what I have here because I know God says we won't miss it we, won't be unhappy or bored, but I just don't know. I just wonder what it will be like. I don't want to sound offensive to God but will we just be floating around singing gospel forever because what will we have there? Nothing here is good enough to be In heaven. And just to make this as long as possible I saw someone get offended by another saying that we go to heaven. He said we don't go to heaven, Jesus comes here and makes a new heaven, but if so what happens to us until then? I just am having a lot of confusion pile up.

Jan 19, 2013
Well bigman, I think you have valid questions. But I want you to consider this point: are you taking more from men's opinions or more from the Word of God?

If you are 'saved', if you have accepted Jesus Christ as the Living Son of God who died on the cross at Calvary to be your Savior for eternity through His Grace by Faith....what difference does it make about what happens during the 'interim' period between death and the eternity?

People like to get all caught up on this subject and some will 'puff themselves up' using scripture like they really know what is going to happen. We no very little about the afterlife and God intended it that way. All we really need to know is that He is in charge and it is a totally different and a whole lot better living than the here and now. You can study this subject till you quite breathing; but until you get their-you aren't going to KNOW much.

The Bible teaches us 'not the half has been told; did you know Jesus said 'none of your business' in the most loving way possible?

Acts 1
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Have 'faith' in Him and the Word-not men's opinions and "vain imaginations". You'll be okay! :D

What God wants us to do in the 'here and now' is learn how to love each other-properly. That's why He became the perfect example....

Guest 3

Inactive
Jun 21, 2013
I don't know if Im doing this right but ive been having alot of worries lately and I've been really worried about death and about whether or not im being good enough. i just have been having alot of panic attacks when i start thinking about it. Im not doubting but with all the outside influence i just need some reassurance.
I know how you feel, panic attacks can be very debilitating. Panic attacks are caused by your brain telling you that your in danger which results in producing adrenaline. Its very good for a fight or fly response but not good when nothing is wrong. Long term medication is not allways the best option and fighting against the panic attacks just makes them worse. I think the best option is to try and resolve any fears you have before they turn into panic attacks.

Sep 16, 2011
Hey guys I'm back, and I know you're all probly wondering what my problem is but I'm still afraid. I have been living much better life reading the bible and reading books that give answers galore and I still have this uneasy feeling I can't explain. I don't know if it's still a what if there is nothing after I die fear or if I'm just afraid of death in general. I don't want to be afraid to lose what I have here because I know God says we won't miss it we, won't be unhappy or bored, but I just don't know. I just wonder what it will be like. I don't want to sound offensive to God but will we just be floating around singing gospel forever because what will we have there? Nothing here is good enough to be In heaven. And just to make this as long as possible I saw someone get offended by another saying that we go to heaven. He said we don't go to heaven, Jesus comes here and makes a new heaven, but if so what happens to us until then? I just am having a lot of confusion pile up.
Use some lateral thought. Imagine the best life you can. Fancy car, yacht, beach house, own island, faithful wife, obedient children, tons of money...then ask yourself...WHO made these things???? God did!!!!!! Who stands in the way of you having them?? Your sin, the devil, evil world and God's will for your life on an evil planet. Now in heaven there are no such limiting factors and bodily restrictions like gravity, limited brain cells and feeling sick. God is not retarded. Heaven will be awesome!!!! There will be lots of worshipping and singing in heaven!!! Because we will be overjoyed and overflowing with awe, respect and love for God. If you are not filled with joy in heaven, then you are not filled with joy and do not need to sing ;).

As for heaven on earth, yes. The new Jerusalem will be on earth. But you have to understand....we will reign with Christ. Christ is God. We will reign with God. Now if we will reign with God you need to really have a small imagination to think that be limited to earth. Where God is = Heaven. Earth will be like a New York in the US. Capital of heaven. Don't let peoples short sightedness get you down!! Heaven will be awesome. God died for us. He can't wait to see us and spoil us!!! A God that died for us will keep us pinned to earth??? :confused: Next joke.