I need help

Jesus said that wherever there is 2 or more gathered in prayer, there He is among them. Does that mean He is absent if I'm alone? Also, what is an 'empty' prayer? There have been times where I seem to be talking to a wall and there are times where I can feel His presence. What's the difference? Most often, I pray in my natural language because when I have prayed using tongues, I am not 100% certain that I actually have my Spiritual language yet and maybe just mimicking what I have heard from others using their tongues. I look forward to your replies, thank you.

Greetings,
Let's look at a couple of things you mentioned. This is only meant as simple answers and can dig in deeper when I have more time later today!
:)

Jesus said that wherever there is 2 or more gathered in prayer, there He is among them. Does that mean He is absent if I'm alone?

There is power in numbers.
Meaning joining of faith

Look at it this way....if you are praying according to His Word (what He has already said) and praying by Faith then
You = 1 and Jesus =1 and the last time I heard 1+1=2. So then two of you are agreeing together.

Also, what is an 'empty' prayer? There have been times where I seem to be talking to a wall and there are times where I can feel His presence.

Empty Prayer
No Faith.....No Expectations. ...No Hope.
Praying things other then what He has spoken in His word....such as trying to use Prayer to make some one do something.

Scipture says without Faith we can not please God. We are to walk by Faith and Not sight or feelings.

If you begin to judge your prayer time on feelings.....Our enemy the devil will give you all the feelings you could imagine.

What does His word say about prayers?
That's what you must believe.

Example, as you said, sometimes I feel like I am talking to a wall.
Question.....does this change how you are praying?
Have you ever said why won't you listen or change to a more begging type prayer?

There is No Faith in that kind of Prayers and are empty as last year's bird nest.

About the rest, for now will have to be in a pm, for the topic of tongues is prohibited in the open forum at this time.
See Here

Blessings my Sister
I can bring lots of scriptures covering all this a little later today, but for now I have got to go.
FCJ

Jesus said that wherever there is 2 or more gathered in prayer, there He is among them. Does that mean He is absent if I'm alone? Also, what is an 'empty' prayer? There have been times where I seem to be talking to a wall and there are times where I can feel His presence. What's the difference? Most often, I pray in my natural language because when I have prayed using tongues, I am not 100% certain that I actually have my Spiritual language yet and maybe just mimicking what I have heard from others using their tongues. I look forward to your replies, thank you.

Think about everytime you pray, because the Holy Spirit lives in you, He is praying with you in all instances...whether your prayimg in the spirit or praying the Word, or even just praying in faith and expectatant hope.

It's when we are not in faith is when there is no power in our prayers.

The Bible says that God will never leave us nor forsake us. And that is why we have the Holy Spirit. For the spirit of God is with us all the time. Jesus told the disciples that He was sending them a comforter, one who would be with them consistently
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever– The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.
John 14:16‭-‬17 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/jhn.14.16-17.AMPC

So Jesus (The Holy Spirit) is always with you to be your 2. :)

Blessings

Brief add on... we must always remember that God's wisdom is infinite and His answers to our prayers are on His timetable, not ours. Our prayers also may be answered in a manner and at a time that we would never have expected. Some persons become frustrated when they do not receive an answer to their prayers right away, but we must be patient because God is always with us and will give us His answers at times when they will mean the most to us.

Blessings...

Greetings,
Let's look at a couple of things you mentioned. This is only meant as simple answers and can dig in deeper when I have more time later today!
:)

There is power in numbers.
Meaning joining of faith

Look at it this way....if you are praying according to His Word (what He has already said) and praying by Faith then
You = 1 and Jesus =1 and the last time I heard 1+1=2. So then two of you are agreeing together.

Empty Prayer
No Faith.....No Expectations. ...No Hope.
Praying things other then what He has spoken in His word....such as trying to use Prayer to make some one do something.

Scipture says without Faith we can not please God. We are to walk by Faith and Not sight or feelings.

If you begin to judge your prayer time on feelings.....Our enemy the devil will give you all the feelings you could imagine.

What does His word say about prayers?
That's what you must believe.

Example, as you said, sometimes I feel like I am talking to a wall.
Question.....does this change how you are praying?
Have you ever said why won't you listen or change to a more begging type prayer?

There is No Faith in that kind of Prayers and are empty as last year's bird nest.

About the rest, for now will have to be in a pm, for the topic of tongues is prohibited in the open forum at this time.
See Here

Blessings my Sister
I can bring lots of scriptures covering all this a little later today, but for now I have got to go.
FCJ
Thank you. I'm guilty of praying empty prayers, then. I can see now I've missed the mark. Oh my, I must change my ways.

Brief add on... we must always remember that God's wisdom is infinite and His answers to our prayers are on His timetable, not ours. Our prayers also may be answered in a manner and at a time that we would never have expected. Some persons become frustrated when they do not receive an answer to their prayers right away, but we must be patient because God is always with us and will give us His answers at times when they will mean the most to us.

Blessings...
That's it isn't it.
Far to many Christians give up when God does not answer in some time line.

I had some elders in a church tell me God said no other wise He would have already done something. Man that did not sit well with me and anytime I began to think about it, something within me was not pleased.

So I stood in Faith and low and behold, some time later I saw the victory and got my prayer answered. Better Then I Was Thinking Too!
Blessings
FCJ

Thank you. I'm guilty of praying empty prayers, then. I can see now I've missed the mark. Oh my, I must change my ways.

Praise God your not alone in this. We have all been guilty of crying out to God in non faith prayers and not realizing that we were not praying in faith.

Here's a saying that the Lord gave our Pastor...
Doubt dispares, complains and is sad
Faith rejoices, gives thanks and is glad

Until i heard this, it didn't click for me that at times I was doing way to much complaining to God about things I was going through. And that all the complaining I was doing was not faith, it was just my flesh, and that I was not pleasing God because I was not in faith. Which according to Hebrews 4:6 is the way to please Him.

God cannot send the angels to minister on our behalf (Hebrews 1:14), and He cannot bring His promises to pass in our lives if we are tying His hands with our negative non faith words (which the Bible calls evil or perverted words) and doubt. For me this has been very sobering to realize. And I have been striving to make the changes for about a year or so now. And am seeing better results from my prayers.

God bless you abundantly! Praying your doing well and full of peace.
Blessings

Back