I need some clearing up

I was just thinking about atheists, and this came to mind:
I know that the Bible says that no one comes to Jesus if the father did not draw them. I don't know the specific verse. But here is this verse:
Romans 1:20 KJV
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

So this verse says that no one is without excuse that they do not accept Jesus. But Jesus said that the Father is the one who opens up their heart to Jesus.

Before you guys post the context, here:
Romans 1:18-19, 21 KJV
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; [19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. [21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

I just realized something, though. Verse 19 said that God showed Himself to everyone. Hmm...

Before you guys post the context, here:
Romans 1:18-19, 21 KJV
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; [19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. [21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

I just realized something, though. Verse 19 said that God showed Himself to everyone. Hmm...
The issue here is rejection of God/Jesus. He makes himself known to all but not all come to Him. He makes Himself known to all so no one will have an excuse on Judgment day.If you notice in the Romans chapter 1 context and in the John chapter 6 context(the verse you quoted is in John 6:44, and the context is in verses 35-45).
Jesus says in verse 36, " But I say to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe." They saw God and heard truth but rejected it.

Last edited:
I know that the Bible says that no one comes to Jesus if the father did not draw them. I don't know the specific verse. But here is this verse:
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

So this verse says that no one is without excuse that they do not accept Jesus. But Jesus said that the Father is the one who opens up their heart to Jesus.
Juk,

It is good that you ask questions and seek to find out on things that you are unclear with, but the best way to understand what the bible is teaching is ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding and revelation. I am happy to help you clear things up when I am able to, as I also learn when I do this(the Holy Spirit often gives me understanding/revelation when I do) but there is one major drawback in receiving understanding through others...that is that you don't know for sure if it is right or not and you will get opposing views sometimes, which will leave you confused. Also, there will be the few that intentionally try to deceive you(God have mercy on them). There is are verses in 1John 2:26-27 that talk about the above. " These things I have written to you concerning those that try to deceive you. But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do bot need that anyone teach you; but the anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him." Please notice that it is John teaching here on not needing anyone to teach you, so obviously teaching from others that hold the truth is good and profitable. But not actually NEEDED, as the Spirit living inside us is able to teach us directly.

Everyone has faith. Whether a person is christian, druid, atheist, agnostic, pastafarian or anything else they have faith. It is inherent to our nature.

Loosely defined faith is simply taking someone's word for it.

If you were not there and you did not directly experience something with your own senses, then you have to accept or reject what others who were there tell you about what happened as true. You either take their word for it or you don't. You even have to choose whether you actually accept that they were there themselves.

That fact is easier for christians and others with a religious bent to accept. Atheists and agnostics are far more prone to deny it.
Just consider...
Evolution or Creation, you weren't there when it happened so how can you know 100%?
Lab tests and experiment results, unless you have performed them all yourself you have to take someone's word that the results were actually what they say they were. You have to take them at their word that they even performed the tests at all.

It is not hard to expand on the list, but it pretty quickly becomes clear that faith is involved regardless of what a person states or thinks they believe.

The difference is what the person places their faith in.

This is why it is so important to pray for those who God places in your path. God desires that all men (people) be saved...but because the sin in their lives is loud...sometimes they cannot hear the Father beconing them until it's to late.
Because we all have dna from adam in our bloodline....there is a natural knowing within us....kind of like a God shaped hole if you will.....that can only be filled with the Holy Spirit. And if that desire is filled with other things, sure it might be quiet for a little while...but it will never be truly satisfied by anything other than God. And because that is apart of us....then i believe that is why no one has any excuse to say there is no God. His creation is all around us and people have to convince themselves that there is no God.

Back