I need some help

I need some help

Alright, so my biggest problem is that I have trouble keeping the faith with Jesus-I constantly have thoughts like " well how do you know the gospel is true?" and stuff like that. They may not sound like much, but they've got me alot in the past. The reason I still want to be Christian, however, is because this is the religion that always works for me in the end. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi JayCm610! Christianity is a relationship between man and God.Religions try to change the outer man through a system of do's and do nots but Jesus Christ changed us from the inside out.
If you really want to know God you must develop that relationship.
So then the question would be how do you develop any relationship?
The answer is simple - you spend time with that person.
If you met someone special and wanted to get close to them you would talk to them, hang out with them, learn their likes, their dislikes and generally pursue them with your whole heart.

Spend time in prayer. Not a repetitious prayer but learn to talk to God. He wants to be your closest friend.

Spend time on worship. Find a good anointed CD that really moves your heart towards Him then pour out your love on Him. He will pour out His love on you, your life will be touched and you will be changed every time you come into His presence.

Spend time reading His Word. This is His love letter to you and when breathed on by His Spirit His Word is a living thing able to meet your every need.

If you seek Him you will find Him.
In my walk with Jesus I have sen many miracles but the greatest miracle to me is when He manifests His glory and His presence becomes so overwhelming.
If you seek Him you will find Him and when you find Him your doubts will be put to rest my friend.

Sadly some only know about Him. They here the preacher every week, they here about who He is and yet never know Him. Jesus came to pay the price for our sin that fellowship between man and God could be restored- that is a precious thing and a great honor to be in intimate relationship with the Living God.

If you want to talk I am just about always here and there are lots of good folks here who will gladly help and encourage you in your walk with Jesus.
Many blessings in His Name, your brother Larry.

Hi there! I agree with everything stated by Boanerges. The more you grow in Christ, the more He will become prevelant in your life.

The first time I really felt God's intervention was when I gave a problem I couldn't solve to Him. Give it a try - trust Him to sort it for you.

God wants us to live for Him fully, and He rewards us for it. Psalm 37:4-5 "Delight thyself also in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass."

You also need to trust God that He will answer your requests - just remember that God knows when the right time is for that answer. Just stand firm and wait faithfully. Micah 7:7 "Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me."

Our faith in God is an amazing thing. It starts small initially, but it grows. Until one day it becomes so big that you can compare it to air. You can't see it, but you know it's there. You can feel it. Without it you can't live or breathe. You trust it will always be there - there is no doubt about it. The thought of being without it just doesn't make sense, because you can't live without it...

So start by trusting God to handle one of your problems. Afterall, He says we must cast our burdens unto Him. Then stand back and watch a miracle happen.

Praise God!

Hi JayCm610. There's nothing wrong with having doubts, it's only when doubts affect the things we do that they become a problem. You've made a decision on what you believe is true, and presumably are living your life accordingly, so when doubts come, just keep on trusting Jesus as you determined to, by an act of will, just as if the doubts didn't come. After all, if we decide that Christianity is false, then at times we are sure to have doubts about whether it really is false, or maybe is true after all.:)

Alright, so my biggest problem is that I have trouble keeping the faith with Jesus-I constantly have thoughts like " well how do you know the gospel is true?" and stuff like that. They may not sound like much, but they've got me alot in the past. The reason I still want to be Christian, however, is because this is the religion that always works for me in the end. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Like others have said if you regard Christianity as a religion then you will accept rules and regulations but if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour , He will become the focal point in your life and you will want to have a closer walk with Him and desire to do what He wills for your life .

By doing this we have a desire to read the Bible and the words become alive in our life . We also want to have prayer in our lives to converse with a Living And True God . He desires that we commune with Him just as you have times with your friends . God tells us He is our friend . We can walk and talk with Him . Isn't that great ?

You see one we accept Christ we are bought with a price . We are children of the most High God . That, when you think about it is so awesome . We have a relationship with God our Father , Jesus Christ His precious Son who died for us, and the Holy Spirit who lives in us .

Praise God Jay and be blessed as you walk with Jesus Christ .

Hi Jay

You'll grow stronger by watching&listening to great teaching out there, especially by people who have already wrestled with the facts and come to a definitive decision about serving Christ. Do a search for Ravi Zacharias on YouTube. Search for his latest book, END OF REASON. Its a great read, and it'll help validate the faith you believe in.

Brother, Christianity is a faith of history. The creed says it all: "Jesus the Christ crucified under Pontius Pilate." It is based in history, and archaeology confirms over and over the validity and honesty of the Bible. We as believers come from the viewpoint that GOD started it all, that He is still involved in His Creation, that He can move in the midst of time and space at His choosing, and especially when His people pray.

It does get easier to follow Him as you get older... But hopefully, you'll get stronger and stronger, and be convinced without shuddering when doubt comes. Doubt will come... Its part of our humanistic society. Its going to be hard not to doubt... But as I heard one time, "Doubt your doubts."

God's Spirit rest upon you, nothing more, nothing less!
~Sean

its-not-religious.gif

Hi Jay. I too used to struggle with faith and believing. I would always ask myself "but how do they know He's real"?

Well it wasn't until I started reading God's word and asking the Holy Spirit to not only help me understand it, but retain it, that I finally started moving in the direction of faith and believing.

As I started reading the word, meditating on certain scripture and praying, the Lord started answering those prayers (blatantly answering them).

Just recently Jay, I was in the hospital. Two doctors told me that I had had a heart attack. Not one, but two. So of course I called my Mom, who put me on 24/7 Prayer Warrior list for prayer. One of the prayer warriors prayed with my Mom and asked the Lord that when they did the angiogram to check for blockages that caused the heart attack, there wouldn't be any? She asked that the Lord flush all blockages out of my arteries. Well I am thrilled to say, that the test was on Monday and not only did the doctor not find that I had had a heart attack, he found no blockage. The prayer warrior prayed that the doctors be in awe, which they were.

You see Jay, if you accept Him as your Lord and Savior, read the Word, meditate on scripture, listen to your gospel music, spend time with Him...good quality time, where you are still and listening for Him, your faith will grow, and grow and grow. It has become my favorite thing to do and I do it firtst thing in the morning, while my mind is fresh and then I always feel like I've started my day off right.

If you feed your faith, your doubts will starve.

Blessings, Cheri

Again, I thank you all. I have heard some real good stuff. I also read this book The Case for Christ, which helped alot, too.

Back