I Reckon They're Dead!

Denadii Cho

Inactive
I Reckon They're Dead!

Ananias and Sapphira lied and died.

So... Why did they die? Religion teaches that God killed them, but the bible does not say that.
Again I quote John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

If Jesus died to give us life, God would not kill us. So....How did they die and why?

I submit that they lied, believed the enemy's lie and in so doing they turned their back on life.

What do you think?:)

Hmm- a question with no definitive answer:

Act 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
Act 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
Act 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
Act 5:6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
Act 5:7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
Act 5:8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
Act 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
Act 5:10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

Peter pronounced it and the crime was lying to God.Just my personal view but I think the Lord made an example of them just as He did with Pharaoh and others. Others turned their backs on Christ and His church only to live out their lives until a normal death.

Just to clarify, I truly believe this was not about how much they chose to give but about the fact that they lied about how much they sold the land for. I don't think it would have mattered to Peter how much they chose to give so long as they told the truth about it. You agree? Oh, and I do believe they were made an example for people.

Laura:)

Just to clarify, I truly believe this was not about how much they chose to give but about the fact that they lied about how much they sold the land for. I don't think it would have mattered to Peter how much they chose to give so long as they told the truth about it. You agree? Oh, and I do believe they were made an example for people.

Laura:)
Absolutely.

how do you then explain their death Cho ?
satan killed them?

God killed plenty of times in the OT, what would stop Him again in the NT? did He change?
He is giving life only to those who want it with a pure heart, right?

in the passage it says, you have not lied to men but have lied to God. were they scared and died xD ? hehe I doubt it.. but it is scary.

“How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord?

thou shalt not tempt the LORD your God.
thou shalt not test....

God does not want to be tested yet they were lying/testing the Spirit.

The idea is not without scriptural precedent but I am not trying to be dogmatic and am only rendering an opinion.

Rom 9:16
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

how do you then explain their death Cho ?
satan killed them?

God killed plenty of times in the OT, what would stop Him again in the NT? did He change?
He is giving life only to those who want it with a pure heart, right?

in the passage it says, you have not lied to men but have lied to God. were they scared and died xD ? hehe I doubt it.. but it is scary.

Ramsey I think that when they lied they opened themselves to the enemy. Satan killed them. Now two thousand years later his act of hatred toward the children of God is still putting out ripples. Who do Christians blame for their deaths? Who do Christians say killed them, after He died on the cross so that they could LIVE?

Who is the author of sickness and Death?

actually God can create sickness before Satan. since God existed before.
but someone once said "we should not always blame satan for everything, we must realize that we have to admit our mistakes and blame ourselves for not trying harder.." :)
the two people had a choice and they chose to ignore God and choose satan.. it is their mistake and it brought them their death.

but someone once said "we should not always blame satan for everything, we must realize that we have to admit our mistakes and blame ourselves for not trying harder.." :)
the two people had a choice and they chose to ignore God and choose satan.. it is their mistake and it brought them their death.

Wow! Listen Ramsey
1 The bible says that Satan is the Author of sickness and death. Before Satan there was no sickness or death.
2 Can death come from Life. No! no more than fresh water can be salty too.

3 Blame Satan. My friend If it produces sickness or death Satan is guilty of causing it. Never God. (can you see how I'm fairly bellowing this?)

If people turn away from God they turn away from life. Without life, what have you?

Sorry I lit right up at this one. grin

yes you can turn away from God and there is no life outside His circle of life. but.. then explain to me how come it specifically says in the OT that God sent a plague amongst the children of Israel and 20000+ died from that plague (isn't that sickness). and then split the earth, and many died, and etc...

Rams .... By jove I think you' re on to something there . Choice ..... they chose to lie and deceive God and I still think it was God who stuck them down.

Satan is the one who tempts us but it what we do with the end result .... Do we listen to him or do we pray and ask God to direct our path ?

We shouldn't play the blame game . If we start thinking about it then guilt and all kinds of other thoughts flood into our minds and we need to captive our thoughts and put them under the Blood of Christ.

yes you can turn away from God and there is no life outside His circle of life. but.. then explain to me how come it specifically says in the OT that God sent a plague amongst the children of Israel and 20000+ died from that plague (isn't that sickness). and then split the earth, and many died, and etc...

Rams Was that before or after God gave His life for us so we can live?

Yup God Did that. He drowned the planet too. But that was before He called an end to the hostilities. And gave us a covenant of LIFE

Scipturally there is no thing in existance that Jesus Christ did not create. Death and all it's manifestations is a penalty for disobeying God and was loosed on the earth by man's own disobediance.
(red highlights added by me)

Joh 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Col 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Back