I stopped smoking and cannot smoke again ever!

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Last week I was visited by a heavenly presence as I was coming home from shopping. it Wasn’t a feeling nor a thought, it was more like a communication.
I understood exactly what this presence wanted me to do. It never spoke, it just left me with an impression. I did not want to stop smoking. I enjoyed it so much...
But I was so overcome by it, that when I got home I couldn’t smoke and I Even lost the desire to smoke shortly after.
This sounds crazy I know, but whatever it was, an angel or the Lord, I do not know, but what I was left with was 100%.sure I must not grieve this beautiful communicator.

Our God Is Awesome!!!

Congratulations! Good for you! That's an incredible accomplishment. You've gotten through the hardest part. The first two weeks are the worst it'll ever be again. I hope you're still not smoking. God is good. I'm so glad He led you to give up that horrible addiction. I know it must have been hard. I understand the only thing quitting cigarettes can be fairly compared to is quitting heroin. So, seriously - you've done a brave and wonderful thing. Thank God for giving you the strength to do it. Now you gotta' stick to it. Don't let the devil pull you back. If you have friends that smoke, don't be afraid of offending them (I'm sure you won't) by not standing outside with them or not letting them smoke around you - especially in your home or, in your car - or any enclosed space. But, even outside. I can't be around people who are smoking because it makes me want to have one and I quit 7 or 8 years ago! I've talked to several people who quit that told me cigarette smoke smells awful to them now but, it's still smells good to me. So, I just walk away now. There is no good reason to "test your resolve." I can no more be around people smoking than an alcoholic could hang out in a bar all day and expect not to want a drink. Good idea not drinking too - at least for a good while. One will make you want to do the other. Don't be fooled into thinking you can just have one cigarette, or even just one drag. You can't. Ever again. But, really. It's no loss. You only have gain. Your gaining health, gaining more time on this earth - you might even gain back some of the senses you lost while smoking, like your sense of smell and your sense of taste. And if you feel stressed - that's the time to send God some knee mail. Pray to Him to give you the strength to make through these next 5 minutes, 10 minutes, hour... make it home, make it to dinner, make it to bed. Hang in there. And congratulations again.

Hey Via, you sly dog you, congratulations! That is the most amazing news. It is so wonderful to be free of smokes!

I also love what the little penguin above said 'knee mail'. What a great expression.

Well it’s been over 2 weeks now and I have not smoked. I have even not been bothered with wanting alcoholic beverages either.
I have had withdrawals and they have been annoying but I am feeling the benefits already.
All because of The Word

Glory to God
Been there done that. Bloody good show mate!! I tip my hat to ya .

Congratulations friend! That is such. Triumph for Jesus, and a beautiful display of obedience. Your faithfulness to Jesus in this area of your life inspires me to press on in my obedience to him

Congratulations friend! That is such. Triumph for Jesus, and a beautiful display of obedience. Your faithfulness to Jesus in this area of your life inspires me to press on in my obedience to him
Hey thanks.
I must say, I have still not smoked. But I have had the desire to smoke come back a few times when stressed.
But I feel much better for stopping smoking. Obviously He knew it would be most beneficial in the long run.
I have stopped smoking before but I did it from my own desire not His, and eventually started again.
But this time it’s different. Whether it was an angel or the Lord is really not the issue. Whoever it was commanded total respect and I shall uphold my trust in Him

God communicates through different ways, such as problems, situations, his word, understanding from what we watch on TV. God thinks on how best he can communicate his message. He can even use other people, i do not think God uses the mind per se. He does use logic, reason and understanding.

Well since it’s been 8 weeks now and I haven’t smoked.
But I did have a glass of wine the other night. Now I normally want a cigarette when I drink alcohol but I didn’t want to smoke. God has truelly cured my addiction!!
But when I had a drink of wine I got irritated and didn’t like it. The sugar in the alcohol made my legs ache and That has never happened before...I was up all night in pain. I wonder if this is Gods way of letting me know He don’t want me drinking either..
Hmmmm. Well it’s certainly put me off drinking even if I didn’t drink that much anyway.

This God stuff is awesome.

Well since it’s been 8 weeks now and I haven’t smoked.
But I did have a glass of wine the other night. Now I normally want a cigarette when I drink alcohol but I didn’t want to smoke. God has truelly cured my addiction!!
But when I had a drink of wine I got irritated and didn’t like it. The sugar in the alcohol made my legs ache and That has never happened before...I was up all night in pain. I wonder if this is Gods way of letting me know He don’t want me drinking either..
Hmmmm. Well it’s certainly put me off drinking even if I didn’t drink that much anyway.

This God stuff is awesome.

Hey Via;

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I hope this is week 8 going on 9. I heard that those that keep smoking build up a deterioration of the lungs. But those that quit don't realize how fast the lungs can repair itself. Its the ongoing nicotine that hinders the lungs from being stable.

My prayer is that you will grow stronger, little by little each day, God works slowly but surely, Praise Him!

Now, I'm going to enjoy my bowl of Häagen-Dazs ice-cream. 😎 lol!

God bless you, sister, your granddaughter and family.

Back