I Want To Drink Wine With Jesus

Jesus liked a good beverage. He was one of the first recorded home-brewers. Sure, it was wine, not beer. Don’t go gettin’ all fussy. He had good taste, what’d you expect?

Read more on http://www.projectstorytellers.org/11-i-want-to-drink-wine-with-jesus/

Hello my friend and welcome. I hope to see you here for a long time with us.

I would say that there is no proabition against alcohol in the Bible. Now personally I do not drink any alchohol so my comment is not tainted one way or the other. It is that there is just no "Thou shalt not" involved with it just as there is nothing said about smokeing but we now know that both can kill you. That is why God gave us a brain and common sense.

That being said, just because Jesus turned water into wine doesn’t prove that He drank the wine at the wedding, but it would have been normal for Him to do so. What it does prove is that Jesus doesn’t condemn drinking wine any more than He condemns eating bread. Sinful people abuse what is not inherently sinful. Bread and wine are not sinful, but gluttony and drunkenness are.

Strangely enough, I read this during the course of yesterday morning.
To me it does speak of ones who really love the stuff, and so much they must run after it. Judge for yourself.

Those who linger over wine,
those who go looking for mixed wine.
31Don’t gaze at wine because it is red,
when it gleams in the cup
and goes down smoothly.
32In the end it bites like a snake
and stings like a viper.
33Your eyes will see strange things,
and you will say absurd things. #
Or will speak perversities or inverted things
#
34You’ll be like someone sleeping out at sea
or lying down on the top of a ship’s mast.
35“They struck me, but
I feel no pain!
They beat me, but I didn’t know it!
When will I wake up?
I’ll look for another drink.”

Back