Id like to try again...but Im a little wary.. :/

By that I mean, get back into the habit of reading and praying...

after a bad experience, I totally gave, was overwhelmed with anxiety, blah,blah,blah...

but I'd like to start slow, very,very slow..

what are some suggestions to integrate the faith back into my life?

The fact that you've got the will is a big deal.

So pray, read the scriptures, read the early church fathers, listen to inspiring lectures, and finally, I'm going to give you a word: apologetics. Learn how to defend the faith even further than you already know. You will fall in love with truth, and it will motivate you.

Ask others to pray for you, ask your guardian angel to pray for you.

after a bad experience, I totally gave, was overwhelmed with anxiety, blah,blah,blah...

Number one, Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Know your authority Jesus gave you over all devils, and demons, and evil spirits in the name of Jesus Christ. Do not let him into your garden to where you and God have fellowship. Give him no place.

Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

You have God's power in you, which is Christ the anointing that breaks and destroys every yoke of bondage the Devil is trying to lay upon you. Stand your ground and never give in. Greater is he who is in you than he that is in the world. You are more than a conqueror!!!
Draw close to God and he will draw near to you. He is your great reward and shelter. Be a doer of his Word and do this.

Don't think of it as a habit you need to get back. I want to propose to you that you still talk to God everyday in your mind. You have not left Him. God would never just let us leave Him / not hear from Him.

But what is very special to Him and you will see / feel this. Is when we make available a special time every night before we sleep. Kneeling next to our bed to pray to Him. That says you love Him and want Him to be a part of your life. That makes Christians, CHRISTIANS ;).

There has to be a craving to read scripture. Falling in love with the author all over again needs to come first. Then you will see scripture as love letters.

I agree 100% with LS and apologetics. It is wanting to defend God / the truth I knew in my heart that prompted me study scripture properly.

Memorize Psalms 91. Move onto Psalms 23. Then Psalms 100 :)

If you can't understand the word, you'll be tossed about by men's words.

Part of it is that also - you will need to honestly deal with whatever happened the last time.... Between You and God.... Lay it out to God... 100% truth - no lies.. no glossing it over... no ignoring it and hoping it will go away.....

Please pray for me, I'm feeling heavy,depressed days are hard to get through and its hard for me to sleep.

I'm trying , I really am... I just don't understand this..

please pray that god will strengthen my soul and give me peace of mind

Back