Identifying the Jezebel spirit

Hello all,

I hope your all well.

Has anyone come across someone with the Jezebel spirit (within the church setting) ?

https://www.openbible.info/topics/jezebel

I really just wanted to hear/learn how the spirit was identified and how/if it was exposed and dealt with and also particularly how's the spirit manipulates, controls, and how it behaves when in a man.

I have YouTubed, googled and read about this spirit but I also wanted to ask if anyone had any personal experiences?

Apparently its more common than is realised.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, it is definitely very common and a very powerful demon.

Words can kill. Never underestimate rumours and falsities, they are extremely destructive and that is the work of Jezebel.

Yes Im just learning how destructive this spirit can be and how many can be blinded by what is really going on.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply Flavio:)

For more on Jezebel, I suggest you look for Ron Phillips' videos on YouTube. He's a wonderful Pastor and has written extensively on this subject.

The jezebel spirit is so called because of King Ahab's wife who's name was Jezebel. She was very controlling to the point that it cost some people their lives. She was a murderer. The jezebel spirit is different from a spirit of whoredoms. In a man, this spirit is simply called, a controlling spirit. A woman or man with this spirit in them can often attain unto a high office in a church. Their ways can be very controlling, of course, and frequently has the Pastor wrapped around their finger. In it's extremes, the next step of a controlling spirit in a church is to rise up against the Pastor after gaining the people's trust, and with outright lies and false accusations, will try to split the church.

Those people with a controlling spirit in them are generally quick to turn on the tears when confronted with one of their lies, thus further controlling people by using their emotions. They generally have their hands in about everything because they are insecure and don't want anything going on that their not involved in, and don't have control over.
They can go from sickening polite to firm control (laying down the law) in a few seconds. They also have caused a lot of good Christians to become greatly discouraged and leave good churches that they loved. Having the Pastor wrapped around their finger gives these controlling spirits much of their control because the Pastor has unwittingly yielded himself to him/her, and greatly trusts that person.

Hello all,

I hope your all well.

Has anyone come across someone with the Jezebel spirit (within the church setting) ?

https://www.openbible.info/topics/jezebel

I really just wanted to hear/learn how the spirit was identified and how/if it was exposed and dealt with and also particularly how's the spirit manipulates, controls, and how it behaves when in a man.

I have YouTubed, googled and read about this spirit but I also wanted to ask if anyone had any personal experiences?

Apparently its more common than is realised.

Thank you in advance.
The spirit of Jezebel is a spirit of great influence, but of manipulation. It's a spirit of witchcraft. A spirit of manipulation, control, and religious. There are many TV preachers that have it big time and if I named them (which this site won't allow) I'll let the Holy Spirit tell you. Look up John Paul Jackson's take on the matter...

Revelation 2:20 "But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols."
The text is pretty plain.
It is someone professing to be a believer, but is actually a deceiver. It is someone who claims to have a gift or message from the Lord, a new revelation, a new interpretation. It leads people into thinking that what they are doing is okay and approved of by God...even though it is condemned in the word of God. It is important to note that the rebuke here is not against Jezebel-type person, but against the church that permits and tolerates it. It is also includes the idea of joining in with worshippers of false Gods. (Eat food sacrificed to idols...worship offerings to false gods.) Being tolerant...the "all religions are created equal" mindset.
I would say the modern model is a church that says that homosexuality is now "okay," and that churches that have joint worship services with Muslims, Hindus and Buddhist and others that deny the deity, Lordship and preeminence of Christ.

For more on Jezebel, I suggest you look for Ron Phillips' videos on YouTube. He's a wonderful Pastor and has written extensively on this subject.
Thanks so much Flavio, I will check him out.
The jezebel spirit is so called because of King Ahab's wife who's name was Jezebel. She was very controlling to the point that it cost some people their lives. She was a murderer. The jezebel spirit is different from a spirit of whoredoms. In a man, this spirit is simply called, a controlling spirit. A woman or man with this spirit in them can often attain unto a high office in a church. Their ways can be very controlling, of course, and frequently has the Pastor wrapped around their finger. In it's extremes, the next step of a controlling spirit in a church is to rise up against the Pastor after gaining the people's trust, and with outright lies and false accusations, will try to split the church.

Those people with a controlling spirit in them are generally quick to turn on the tears when confronted with one of their lies, thus further controlling people by using their emotions. They generally have their hands in about everything because they are insecure and don't want anything going on that their not involved in, and don't have control over.
They can go from sickening polite to firm control (laying down the law) in a few seconds. They also have caused a lot of good Christians to become greatly discouraged and leave good churches that they loved. Having the Pastor wrapped around their finger gives these controlling spirits much of their control because the Pastor has unwittingly yielded himself to him/her, and greatly trusts that person.

Thank you Rand Sutor , yes that sounds about right to what I had learnt about this spirit.

When I started this thread in the summer last year I suspected someone I had encountered had this spirit, so I went about trying to learn more about it. I do believe as others have said that this spirit is much more common than imagined...... It's scary to think really.

The spirit of Jezebel is a spirit of great influence, but of manipulation. It's a spirit of witchcraft. A spirit of manipulation, control, and religious. There are many TV preachers that have it big time and if I named them (which this site won't allow) I'll let the Holy Spirit tell you. Look up John Paul Jackson's take on the matter...

Thanks Abdicate, yes I will look up JPJackson.

Revelation 2:20 "But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols."
The text is pretty plain.
It is someone professing to be a believer, but is actually a deceiver. It is someone who claims to have a gift or message from the Lord, a new revelation, a new interpretation. It leads people into thinking that what they are doing is okay and approved of by God...even though it is condemned in the word of God. It is important to note that the rebuke here is not against Jezebel-type person, but against the church that permits and tolerates it. It is also includes the idea of joining in with worshippers of false Gods. (Eat food sacrificed to idols...worship offerings to false gods.) Being tolerant...the "all religions are created equal" mindset.
I would say the modern model is a church that says that homosexuality is now "okay," and that churches that have joint worship services with Muslims, Hindus and Buddhist and others that deny the deity, Lordship and preeminence of Christ.

Thank you so much for your interesting reply Countryside.

Back