IDIOT SIGHTING: they walk among us...

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
IDIOT SIGHTING: they walk among us...

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My wife and I were heading to Alabama just before the holidays.
We stopped midway on the trip to have a routine oil change at a Ford dealership in Tennessee on I-65. After waiting for nearly an hour, we were told the keys had been locked in the car. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly
to unlock the drivers side door. As I watched from the
passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and
discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the
technician, "its open!" His reply, "I know. I already got that
side."

No Pastor Gary,

I'm with you on that one... It takes all kinds but that one has to take top marks for idiot.

Another -

The "walk and don't walk" signal on a stoplight at a busy intersection downtown buzzes when it's safe to cross the
street. I was crossing there with an intellectually challenged attorney from the adjacent law office and she asked the person with her if he knew what the buzzer was for. He explained that it signals visually impared people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing
driving?!"

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My wife and I were heading to Alabama just before the holidays.
We stopped midway on the trip to have a routine oil change at a Ford dealership in Tennessee on I-65. After waiting for nearly an hour, we were told the keys had been locked in the car. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly
to unlock the drivers side door. As I watched from the
passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and
discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the
technician, "its open!" His reply, "I know. I already got that
side."

He must have been paid by the hour.:p

Life in the kingdom of Id makes one an idiot.:p

The "walk and don't walk" signal on a stoplight at a busy intersection downtown buzzes when it's safe to cross the
street. I was crossing there with an intellectually challenged attorney from the adjacent law office and she asked the person with her if he knew what the buzzer was for. He explained that it signals visually impared people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing
driving?!"

I don't believe that people could be soo.... well I won't say.

I've got one for you...it's a relative who shall remain unnamed...

I'll call him Dave...

Dave had a project to do for his media class. This was supposed to be his big grade for the semester. His assignment was to make a documentary film on how to properly build a fire in a fire ring. All goes well...he used lighter fluid, like for charcoal briquettes, the fire was perfect...too perfect. Just as he was getting ready to complete the film, he decided to have a "Big finale"...so he took the lighter fluid and wrote "The End' across his chest...on his t-shirt.

~now, I can safely do this special effect...it's a matter of using the proper heat/flame resistant jelly, and heat barrier, and making the shirt "rip away"~

He did not call me...he should have.

He lit the t-shirt while filming. Apparantly (obviously) his t-shirt got real hot, real fast...so he tried to take it off...over his head! In the end he had 2nd degree burns (he got off easy).

Since Dave is okay, the bummer is...he didn't get it on tape!

That is quite a story Kitsap girl. I suppose all of us could dig up a story about our own stupidity if we really thought about it.

Okay, one about myself.....

Recently I noticed some new scars on my neck, shoulder, and face. They are small and look like chickenpoc scars. I had to think about where I got them from, because I didn't remember ever hurting myself on that side...then it vividly hit me...

There was this boy who lived across the street...Michael. He was 2 years older than me and I had a HUGE crush on him...HUGE! Anyway, we both lived on this hill...the type of hill that teenage boys speed down to "get air" on in their junky car with an oversized engine...

I received hand-me down rollerskates from my cousin...They were cool! I saw Michael outside, and although he was only 2 years older than me, he thought I was just a little girl.

So in an effort to prove him wrong, I ended up proving him right, I decided to impress him by skating down this hill...from the top.

I got his attention alright! Just as I passed his house he waved to me...I turned to wave back, and hit an uneven spot in the middle of the road.

I became road pizza. My face, neck and shoulder were bloodied and had gravel imbedded in them.

Michael proved himself a prince by taking me home, and helping my mom with camphophenique, and gauze bandages.

I could never look at him the same...I was so humiliated, and my crush got worse since he came to my rescue...

Ouch- I never did that on skates but i did get run over by a bike on a tar and gravel street when I was 5- when I think about it I can almost feel it now!

A couple years ago, my daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal" lettuce.

He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.

========================================================

I used to supervise an individual who plugged her power strip back into
itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her
computer system would not turn on.

We had to have the garage door opener repaired. The Sears repairman
told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a
"large" enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and
said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2
horsepower. He shook his head and said, "Sir, you need a 1/4
horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said,
"NO, it's not." Four is larger than two..."
Needless to say, we called someone else to do the repair.

They walk among us!!

joking aside people take up jokes and use them in real life.also what was funny,you stewing over your car or the man making a mistake.:)

I was typing a letter and I put my big foot on the power strip and shut everything down- does that qualify?:eek::p:)

Back