If God loves me like I love my dog

My dog is beautiful. I love him more each year. Hes 10 now. But he never loses his child-like zest and awe for life.
Such enthusiasm. As we visit the same park each day he grins with anticipation. When he gets off the lead in the park he will begin serious sniffing. Then he will mark each tree with his seemingly endless supply of urine.
Then he will check with me. See where I am.
Occasionally hes naughty. Like leaving the park to visit a neighbour hood house.
But he always comeback. And I will nevet get mad. I will greet him as my Prodigal Son.
I am in awe of the purity, the willingness to please, never taking offence, the loyalty. We are best mates even I have to pull rank on him sometimes.
Then it occurred to me the other day. If I could have the same devotion to God as my dog has for me. Wouldnt that be great!
His trust and faith to me is steadfast and constant. Sunny loves me . Maybe I should follow his example.
I started showing more respect for him. Never raising my voice. And now he shows more respect for me. Its a successful relationship. Now i need to translate that success to more human ones.
That God loves me like I love my dog is just mind blowing. Let me dwell on that for a while. He only sees beauty in me. My flaws just add uniqueness. God thinks Im so cute? How reassuring!

My dog is beautiful. I love him more each year. Hes 10 now. But he never loses his child-like zest and awe for life.
Such enthusiasm. As we visit the same park each day he grins with anticipation. When he gets off the lead in the park he will begin serious sniffing. Then he will mark each tree with his seemingly endless supply of urine.
Then he will check with me. See where I am.
Occasionally hes naughty. Like leaving the park to visit a neighbour hood house.
But he always comeback. And I will nevet get mad. I will greet him as my Prodigal Son.
I am in awe of the purity, the willingness to please, never taking offence, the loyalty. We are best mates even I have to pull rank on him sometimes.
Then it occurred to me the other day. If I could have the same devotion to God as my dog has for me. Wouldnt that be great!
His trust and faith to me is steadfast and constant. Sunny loves me . Maybe I should follow his example.
I started showing more respect for him. Never raising my voice. And now he shows more respect for me. Its a successful relationship. Now i need to translate that success to more human ones.
That God loves me like I love my dog is just mind blowing. Let me dwell on that for a while. He only sees beauty in me. My flaws just add uniqueness. God thinks Im so cute? How reassuring!
Most people spend their lives trying to be like dogs; or at least they would.

Blind faith.
Our thinking or too much thinking can get in the way of our faith in my opinion.
I totally agree. The bible contains many instances of what can be called facts. There are many indisputable messages that clearly show they were divinely inspired. However, if people start to apply too much thinking into it, it kind of (in my opinion) start to impact the whole idea of faith.

Know the feeling of having a dog. As they are part of the family. Though they can't talk LOL. But in all seriousness, God loves us more it says in the Bible. More than the birds in the air or in the fishes in the sea.

I dont have kids so my dog is my child. Might the experience of being a parent, be an insight into Gods love? I think my parents had that insight. They passed on a love which was like warm sun on a cool winters day.

Back