If I can just make it home.

If I can just make it home.

I just heard a song with the words, "I know I'll be all right, if I can just make it home." Oh how weary and tired I am as I type this through tears that make typing difficult and think about my home--heaven! Whenever I think about going home, I can't hold back the tears. This coming May 18 will be 46 years that I have run the race--often stumbling and sometimes even going off to follow a "rabbit trail".

I try to keep my eyes on the "prize"--my heavenly home. I've gone too far to turn back now. I'm fighting temptations that are strong, but God has promised a way of escape. The escape I long for is heaven. My body hurts from my neck on down to my feet. Allergies and other sickness keep me feeling miserable most of the time. I am so discouraged that I just my Lord to call me home.

I see so much wickedness around me and hear people taking God's name in vain. The name of Jesus Christ has become just profanity to most people. All manner of sin and wickedness is accepted as "good", while everything good is being called evil. God is hated; Christians are hated, and good is shunned and evil accepted.

I long to go home where all will be peace and rest. I long to look on my Saviour as I fall prostrate at His feet and worship him. I long to be rid of this corruptible body (my sin nature) and to put on the new incorruptible body. I long to forget this old life and to live forever in perfect bliss. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

I just heard a song with the words, "I know I'll be all right, if I can just make it home." Oh how weary and tired I am as I type this through tears that make typing difficult and think about my home--heaven! Whenever I think about going home, I can't hold back the tears. This coming May 18 will be 46 years that I have run the race--often stumbling and sometimes even going off to follow a "rabbit trail".

I try to keep my eyes on the "prize"--my heavenly home. I've gone too far to turn back now. I'm fighting temptations that are strong, but God has promised a way of escape. The escape I long for is heaven. My body hurts from my neck on down to my feet. Allergies and other sickness keep me feeling miserable most of the time. I am so discouraged that I just my Lord to call me home.

I see so much wickedness around me and hear people taking God's name in vain. The name of Jesus Christ has become just profanity to most people. All manner of sin and wickedness is accepted as "good", while everything good is being called evil. God is hated; Christians are hated, and good is shunned and evil accepted.

I long to go home where all will be peace and rest. I long to look on my Saviour as I fall prostrate at His feet and worship him. I long to be rid of this corruptible body (my sin nature) and to put on the new incorruptible body. I long to forget this old life and to live forever in perfect bliss. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

JM I am in the same boat my friend. I am mangled physically from a moto wreck n 3 car crashes. I feel with you bro,we are in alot of pain, not only physically but in pain for the other people n our selves inour heart. I know you are a dedicated Christian like me yet we still struggle. As long as Jesus died for us we are good.........as long as we accepted HIM as Lord n saviour.
But Im right with ya brother, if I never meet you in person I will see you in heaven!!!! I dont know you but I love you, God Bless you JON:israel:
chili out.

I hope some people care for you. You're a good example of those whom Jesus meant when He told us to care for the least of His brethren as if they were Himself.

You need some real good brotherly love man. I wish you lived closer, I'd come over with a pizza and a good wine.

Love you man!

Daniel

For Jon-Mark! Please read!

You know Jon, I really do sympathize! Although I am married, have 2 baby girls and a pretty full life there are days when I can't hold back the tears and wish that Jesus would comeback! Yes, it will be glorious, but the truth is Jesus died for us not just so we can get to heaven, but also so we can enjoy our life here on earth! And, because the spirit of Jesus dwells within us, we shouldn't allow circumstances to dictate our joy! Trust me I do know how you feel! I've had asthma since I was 3 years old and from the age of 14 I have lived on medications, some quite dangerous for me since I was living in Romania and the only antidote for an asthma attack was ephedrine injected directed in the blood stream! Now, I have to have 2 kinds of medications daily, just to prevent asthma attacks and I also have bad allergies. I have other ailments too, so don't think I don't understand what you're going through! There is a way out! It is not too late for you to be able to enjoy your life here on earth before Jesus comes to get us! What good is it to be a Christian and live in misery? I want to recommend a teaching I recently listened to that addressed a lot of these issues we're talking about! I truly believe that if you listened to this and were willing to open your heart to receive the advice given, it would help you! Because I don't want to create controversy, I will not give you the web site but I will give you the exact title of the teaching and you can google it and I'm sure you'll find the site. It is called:

Restoring fellowship with the Father.

Please try to find it! It is not God's will for us to live a miserable life!

Laura:)

Yes Jon- Marc

Your cry to the Lord for help will not go unanswered. He is the Father to the fatherless and is there every step of the way with us .

This morning I wrote in my journal before I prayed and I will share it with you .

In the midst of a storm and i am crying out ....how often do I cry about my needs and don't wait for the still small voice of the Holy Spirit to say to me ...... Be still and know that I am God ?

I am on a journey to read the whole Bible in one year and as I was reading this morning in 1Kings 18 : 4-6.... I could not help but notice that the saints in the old testement went through similar problems and sicknesses but as they cried to the Lordand He saved them . .... Elijah couldn't take any more but God in His great mercy and grace told him to get up and eat and God provided food for him and then told him to rest.

So Jon- Marc .... I urge you not to give up but take heart as the Lord does hear you and He does answer you but He also wants you to rise above all that is going on in your life.

Restoring fellowship with the Father.

Please try to find it! It is not God's will for us to live a miserable life!

Laura:)

Although I don't see how words can ease or take away the pain I feel, help with my high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, and severe allergies, or pay my many medical bills, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to listen to it as long as I don't have to buy it.

Also, Daniel, wine has sugar in it, which I can't have but in small portions.

Dusty, I have read the Bible through several times and studied it extensively. I have a fair knowledge of His word--more than the average Christian, although I'm far from being a Bible scholar.

Jon Marc,
I know how you feel, daily I feel the same way. The earth has no desire for me anymore or the things in this world. I talk to the Lord daily, sometimes all day long. And I long for him to come and get his people. It's like the word of the Lord says the whole earth is groaning for the redemption. And I know that things will get pretty bad down here before he comes. And I turn on the news and see prophecy coming to pass. The Lord's word is coming to pass right before our very eyes. And I believe a great shaking is coming. And the Lord has been telling me that when it comes look to the spiritual not the physical. Still, I long for him to just call me home. But, obviously since we are still here, he still has more for us to do. Keep standing and calling upon his name daily and stay out of the snares of the devil!

I pray that the LORD lift you up and give you rest and joy in your heart that you may have peace that you long for.

It sounds like the LORD has give you many things in your life to make you stronger and to help you run that long race, praise the LORD for helping and guiding us everyday in this life..

I read something yesterday that said, "we are not human beings having a spiritual experience but we are spiritual beings having a human expeirence" I think this is wonderful and reminds us that this life is only temporary and as you said, we have a much better life to look forward to!!

Jon-Marc - Like yourself and no doubt many others I long for The Lord to take me home. I have a condition that causes deep depression, one that keeps me from doing so many things I see others engaging in but cant do. Im not in any physical pain..thank God... but this keeps me isolated a lot of the time. People see the outward..I dont look ill in fact I look very well most of the time ..but if they could see past that,it would be a different story. My son and daughter are both young married adults, I have raised them both in The Lord and feel I have the liberty now to ask for release from this life which I would so willing let go of in a heartbeat if I could.

I have many times cried out ..even begged The Lord to take me, but His ways are not our ways and His thoughts not our thoughts. So as we are both still here we must believe that He still has a plan and purpose for us here....He's still got work for us to do my brother ..I hold you up in prayer and hope you will do the same for me and remember this..He has already given us His peace...a peace and an inner joy that no-one and no circumstance can take from us. Praise His lovely name. :)

Jon - Marc,

Maybe you and I could start a club for us old timers. Perhaps Dusty would join too. We could call it the DOA Club (Decrepits of America.) Haven't been online for sometime because of sciatica - can't sit. Don't know what I would do if I had constant back pain. My brother had that for years and they inserted a wire near his spine and it is hooked up to a control box that varies electrical impulses. Since then he is like a new man and has put on about 30 pounds - now up to 160.

Larry II

Hmmmm ...... I saw that Larry II .... Me, I am rising above all the stuff that old age brings ... am not naming or claiming and chasing the devil away .He is not welcome at my house . :D:D

Thank you Jesus. I am well and whole in the Name of Jesus Christ .

Jon-Marc, may the Lord bring you all peace and comfort, and guard your heart. Resist the devil and submit to God. He is our shelter from the storm and our refuge.

The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. I Peter 4:7

1 Peter 1:5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

"So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:" II Thessalonians 1:4-5

"and we sent Timothy, our brother and God's fellow worker in the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you as to your faith, so that no one would be disturbed by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we have been destined for this." I Thessalonians 3:2-3

"Pray without ceasing." I Thessalonians 5:17

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer andsupplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. II Corinthians 12:9

God bless brother, may the love and peace of Christ dwell richly with your Spirit.
"The one who calls you is faithful, and he will continue to be faithful." I Thessalonians 5:24

Job 1-2. Psalm 61

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds); We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ," II Corinthians 10:3-5

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/MediaPlayer/3483/Audio/

Unlike some people I don't blame everything on the devil. He's much too busy with more important people to bother with me. He might send one of his peons to pester me if they're not too busy elsewhere.

My problems are financial and age related problems. Some of it is even inherited from my parents who were walking medicine cabinets.

The weather now is cool and gloomy, although it's better than it is up north I'm sure. It's in the 60's F outside, and I haven't seen the sunshine for three days. I'm having to wear a sweatshirt indoors to keep warm since I can't afford to heat this place the way I like it. It's impossible to keep an RV warm anyway since they have 2 inch thick walls that aren't properly insulated--if at all.

I think we can all relate to this brother. I have been walking with the Lord for almost three years and I see and feel the same way. No words can express my feelings and throughts. Of course I have fallen during times but still I rise, and still I see the world could care less about me. In these last days we have reality twisted, the wicked prosper in the world they have so pridefully help build. I feel trapped in a prison inside a prison. The first prison is this world and its system. The second prison is this body accompanied by the sin nature. It is forever present no matter how successful we supress it. Our only hope while present in the body is to trust and walk in the Spirit of the Lord.

May he never cease to intercede for us. This is my earnest prayer.

Back