If i don't have love . then i got nothin' .

Michael Collum

Inactive
If i don't have love . then i got nothin' .

I was meditating on the previous study and this passage came to mind .

1 Corinthians 13

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
So i could do all the things the gospel says to do . and exhibit all sorts of mad spiritual giftings .. but without Love . i'm missing the point . Paul calls love the most excellent way . so there is being a disciple . but then .. love is an even more excellent way .

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.
I dunno about you . but this sounds like the whole point of God's message right here . This is what was so awesome about what Jesus did on the cross . because this is how we know what the Love of God is . while we were still his enemies .. Jesus died for us .

The love of man gets no better than giving up your life for your friends .

But Jesus showed how God's kind of love is not shallow . and is not a fluffy word . though He does have wings ;) .. or so the psalmist says .. tee hee . but love . is a word filled with holy intent . and dedication and commitment to something far greater than a set of ideals . Love is so much more .

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
All stuff spoken and written down will become obsolete . words are so limited . we wander around like children . thinking we know the point of it all with all our theology . and all our prophecies . but even the apostle said .. we are even imperfect now . we see a poor reflection of His glory now . but in that day when we see Him face to face .. He who is perfect . then we will become as Him because we will see Him and He will change us from the inside out . even more so than He does now the transformation will be complete . He will wipe every tear from our eyes . and we will grow up with no one to separate our attention from our loving Heavenly Father .

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
So . all that "stuff" that we can qualify with our carnal senses . will not be around . so focus on what will be there . trust . expectancy . and the giving giving love . so since all that we will recognize there will be what good relationships are made of . as God is to you . be to others . and so bring a little bit of eternity's light to the here and now .

All stuff spoken and written down will become obsolete . words are so limited . we wander around like children . thinking we know the point of it all with all our theology . and all our prophecies . but even the apostle said .. we are even imperfect now . we see a poor reflection of His glory now . but in that day when we see Him face to face .. He who is perfect . then we will become as Him because we will see Him and He will change us from the inside out . even more so than He does now the transformation will be complete . He will wipe every tear from our eyes . and we will grow up with no one to separate our attention from our loving Heavenly Father .

That is powerful Michael and it will be worth it all to see Jesus . I am so looking forward to that day and it is coming close for me ( Well I don't know how many more years God will give me down here ) We will be changed in the twinkling of the eye . We will have our glorified bodies .... no sickness , no pain , no sorrow , what a day that will be .

That's why we need to love the Lord with all our heart and get filled up with His love. When we follow love the other things will be taken care of. When we love someone we won't treat them wrong.

I look forward to that day too Dusty :) :)

Godspeaks, yes . and God is love . in that whenever we love deep from our hearts . God is there in the details . imitation is the highest form of praise . and God inhabits those praises .

The measure of our Love is the measure of our worth to society.
Perhaps we have never thought of it in these terms.
Men are valued according to their financial or political standing in a community. It is a problem of how much money they have or how much political influence they can swing. Yet, in the final analysis, the men who love are the men who help the community.
Man was created by love to answer the heart cry of the Father-God.
Man outside of love is a failure.

Back