if i,m good in God,s eyes

If you live you're life to please the Lord people will naturally hate you. 'He who makes friends with the world makes emnity with God.' The world will hate you, but endure for His Namesake. As the psalmist says 'The Lord is my portion.' And 'the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.'

Mike, you're topic brought some things to mind, not that they're in direct response to your question, though; just thought they were some good points in general to think about. God casts our sins behind us, and sees us as perfected in Christ, as we are covered with the garment of His Righteousness, if we abide in Him. So God sees His children as clean, i.e. 'all you need to do is wash your feet,'

We should strive for holiness, which is our upward call, but still realizing that one sinner is no better than another, and that those justified in Christ are exactly that; justified by His finished work that He authored and is perfecting in us. We are sanctified, or 'set apart' from the world, but must realize God has had mercy on us and we should have humility towards one another, (definitely for me and I think anyone, this is the hardest to do, impossible without Divine help-'Abide in Me, for you cannot bear fruit of yourselves.') Thankfully, the day will come when we are given glorified bodies, and will be made perfect, and completely pure. When we are redeemed from the curse of the law by the covenant in Christ's blood, the law 'Ye shall be Holy, for I am Holy' becomes the promisary, 'Ye shall be Holy, for I am Holy.' Alistair Begg wrote a good book called The Pathway to Freedom: How God's Laws Guide our Lives. If we love the Lord we will keep His commandments, but as Paul warned the Galations, (Galatians 3), those seeking to be justified on their own merrit had fallen from grace and had fallen under the curse of the law again.

if i,m good in God,s eyes

who cares what the world thinks about me.

If they hate you because you're following God, then so be it, as long as we're loving our neighbor as ourselves and we love our enemies. We are still to be above reproach and if at all possible, be at peace with our fellow man.

who cares what the world thinks about me.

Amen , Mike . Love not the world neither the things that are in the world for if any man loves the world the love of the Father is not in Him .

We are not living for people . We are living to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to all who will listen .

We have a living relationship with a living God.

That's what I like about Mike . His posts are short but they pack a message .:dance::dance::dance::dance::smile_anim::smile_anim:

Back