if you arent healed does that mean youre not a believer?

@pancakes @Fish Catcher Jim
When one is truly born again as described clearly in the Book of Acts, then one also immediately comes under Mark 16: 16-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

1Corinthians 124-11 details gifts of the Holy Spirit given to the Church -
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles;

As we all know, every true worshipper can pray in tongues, that is pray in the Spirit. This is the most fundamental application of the gift
of faith; we abandon our own understanding and thinking, and pray in a God-given spiritual language that not only communicates with
the heavenly realm, but also works spiritual power within us while we are praying.

Faith is not only a gift, but also a tool for us to employ. But not all healing needs are the same.
Depression and anxiety require a more ongoing constant application of faith and prayer than say
a toothache or broken bone.

It is imperative to really really learn from the Word what it means to be a faithful and pleasing disciple to Jesus. We often need to go back
to the fundamentals and relearn discipleship. The epistles are our teachers on how to submit and yield to the Spirit.

2Corinthians 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity
every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Your anxiety is intertwined with your personality. Jesus can heal you, but slowly and steadily bit by bit, because the Spirit will not over-ride
your will and your mind, as a programmer can rewrite defective software with a new program code.
Jesus will not upload a new personality into you overnight.

There are tools to assist us in gaining the desired healing - faith can be exercised by patience and persistence.
> Praying in the Spirit works and grows faith (giving over to the work and purpose of the indwelling Holy Spirit rather than trying to
achieve results through our own efforts)
> singing choruses and gospel songs
> reading the Word of God and being encouraged
> rejoicing in the Lord, because we have the promise of our salvation in him
> the joy of our Lord is our strength - don't let Satan take this away from you.
Again joy is of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, and is grown and maintained by exercising the Spirit.

Keep your eyes upon Jesus and desire to be a good and faithful servant...
Matthew 6:33-34
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Your brother from downunder in Christ Jesus,
Nick

@pancakes @Fish Catcher Jim
When one is truly born again as described clearly in the Book of Acts, then one also immediately comes under Mark 16: 16-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

1Corinthians 124-11 details gifts of the Holy Spirit given to the Church -
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles;

As we all know, every true worshipper can pray in tongues, that is pray in the Spirit. This is the most fundamental application of the gift
of faith; we abandon our own understanding and thinking, and pray in a God-given spiritual language that not only communicates with
the heavenly realm, but also works spiritual power within us while we are praying.

Faith is not only a gift, but also a tool for us to employ. But not all healing needs are the same.
Depression and anxiety require a more ongoing constant application of faith and prayer than say
a toothache or broken bone.

It is imperative to really really learn from the Word what it means to be a faithful and pleasing disciple to Jesus. We often need to go back
to the fundamentals and relearn discipleship. The epistles are our teachers on how to submit and yield to the Spirit.

2Corinthians 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity
every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Your anxiety is intertwined with your personality. Jesus can heal you, but slowly and steadily bit by bit, because the Spirit will not over-ride
your will and your mind, as a programmer can rewrite defective software with a new program code.
Jesus will not upload a new personality into you overnight.

There are tools to assist us in gaining the desired healing - faith can be exercised by patience and persistence.
> Praying in the Spirit works and grows faith (giving over to the work and purpose of the indwelling Holy Spirit rather than trying to
achieve results through our own efforts)
> singing choruses and gospel songs
> reading the Word of God and being encouraged
> rejoicing in the Lord, because we have the promise of our salvation in him
> the joy of our Lord is our strength - don't let Satan take this away from you.
Again joy is of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, and is grown and maintained by exercising the Spirit.

Keep your eyes upon Jesus and desire to be a good and faithful servant...
Matthew 6:33-34
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Your brother from downunder in Christ Jesus,
Nick
I haven't prayed in the spirit in a while..ill try that soon

I agree.. With you..but wow i cant believed you collapsed ...i didnt know anxiety could do all that... My body I feeling pretty funny and I'm waiting to see if it'll go away m..i dont want to make a needless trip to the hospital..ive done enough of that in the past.

I suffered from anxiety for most of my life. It puts a terrible strain on your body and makes the normal responsibilities in life, very difficult. I was going through an exceptionally difficult time. My body just could not take it anymore. I began to get anxiety attacks. You actually feel like you are going to die. It is like your body is completely burnt out. I had no choice but to go to the doctors and thank God she new exactly what I needed. For the first time in my life I became anxiety free.

I suffered from anxiety for most of my life. It puts a terrible strain on your body and makes the normal responsibilities in life, very difficult. I was going through an exceptionally difficult time. My body just could not take it anymore. I began to get anxiety attacks. You actually feel like you are going to die. It is like your body is completely burnt out. I had no choice but to go to the doctors and thank God she new exactly what I needed. For the first time in my life I became anxiety free.

That is awesome Glory to God.
Blessings
FCJ

Yes I understand this all too well..anxiety is horrible.. And I'm so glad and thankful your anxiety free...

As some of you may know..i have anxiety..and I've had it for some time and it makes me wonder...

If you have faith you'd be healed right? I just feel like I have zero faith right norlw I have a hard hard hard time trusting god.

I really don't know were I'm at faith wise..i feel like I have to start all over again...but I have so much knowledge...

Been praying about what to say, cuz you are always on my heart. The anxiety is a former of fear (which I know your smart enough to know already), but the interesting part is that fear comes straight from the enemy. he is trying to rob you of the enjoyment of your life. Haunting you with a spirit of fear, to keep you from being the wonderfully obedient and victorious Christ follower that God has already put within you to be. God has mighty plans for you and the devil is trying to steal your blessings and everything else God has for you.

God put a couple of verses on my heart to give you. And I'm praying they bring you much comfort. For Jesus has already defeated the devil and given you the keys (the Word, and Holy Spirit) all you have to do is keep doing what you are and meditate on the Scriptures that encourage you and teach you what to do and resist the devil, for the Word says he has to flee when you resist him (the devil).

Since, therefore, [these His] children share in flesh and blood [in the physical nature of human beings], He [Himself] in a similar manner partook of the same [nature], that by [going through] death He might bring to nought and make of no effect him who had the power of death–that is, the devil– And also that He might deliver and completely set free all those who through the [haunting] fear of death were held in bondage throughout the whole course of their lives.
Hebrews 2:14‭-‬15 AMP
http://bible.com/8/heb.2.14-15.AMPP

Blessings and keep up the good work of fighting the good fight of faith...developing faith is harder than getting stronger in faith. It's easy to decide to believe the Word of God, the real work begins when we put it into practice, training the natural nature (flesh) to do things God's way, that is contrary to what the natural nature wants to do (Ro. 8:5-17)

This is a very encouraging message...

But it lets me know straight away I have very little faith... I believe God is ...

I have trouble believing because of a bad church experience.... It really messed up my faith..

But I appreciate the Tim you took to write this...ill reread it again..thankyou. :)

Remember that the Bible says we were all given the same measure of faith by God when we received Jesus as Lord, it's just that some people are more.developed than others.

A few months ago, I thought that I totally lost my faith, when someone began attacking me verbally for using my faith, and I lost it and blew up. And it took awhile for me to get to the realization that I still had faith (for at that moment, and time period I felt as if I had none). It just was needing some encouragement and renewal from God's Word. And God has helped me to understand how to keep my faith encouraged and is teaching me how to use my faith like someone would use a tool. ie...a mechanic or a Gardner or surgeon. And I promise that if you will stick with meditating on the Word and reading it out loud so that your spirit ears can hear it like fcj said...God will help you develop your faith also.

In the days of His flesh [Jesus] offered up definite, special petitions [for that which He not only wanted but needed] and supplications with strong crying and tears to Him Who was [always] able to save Him [out] from death, and He was heard because of His reverence toward God [His godly fear, His piety, in that He shrank from the horrors of separation from the bright presence of the Father]. Although He was a Son, He learned [active, special] obedience through what He suffered And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author and Source of eternal salvation to all those who give heed and obey Him, [Isa. 45:17.]
Hebrews 5:7‭-‬9 AMP
http://bible.com/8/heb.5.7-9.AMP

THEREFORE THEN, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us, Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. [Ps. 110:1.] Just think of Him Who endured from sinners such grievous opposition and bitter hostility against Himself [reckon up and consider it all in comparison with your trials], so that you may not grow weary or exhausted, losing heart and relaxing and fainting in your minds. You have not yet struggled and fought agonizingly against sin, nor have you yet resisted and withstood to the point of pouring out your [own] blood.
Hebrews 12:1‭-‬4 AMP
http://bible.com/8/heb.12.1-4.AMP

Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.
Hebrews 10:35‭-‬36 AMP
http://bible.com/8/heb.10.35-36.AMP

[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.
Philippians 2:13 AMP
http://bible.com/8/php.2.13.AMP

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.
Philippians 1:6 AMP
http://bible.com/8/php.1.6.AMP

So whoever cleanses himself [from what is ignoble and unclean, who separates himself from contact with contaminating and corrupting influences] will [then himself] be a vessel set apart and useful for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work.
2 Timothy 2:21 AMP
http://bible.com/8/2ti.2.21.AMP

Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action), So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16‭-‬17 AMP
http://bible.com/8/2ti.3.16-17.AMP

@pancakes @Fish Catcher Jim @DARRELX

ALCOHOLISM AND BIPOLAR HEALED
ANN – from Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia

I was brought up in protestant churches but felt let down as there was nothing “alive” there. I searched for the meaning of life,
feeling there must be more than living, working and dying.

In 1974 a friend told me about his experience of receiving the Holy Spirit and how his life had changed dramatically for the better.
He gave me scriptures to read. It was all I wanted to hear and I was keen to be baptised.
I received the Spirit speaking in other tongues and it filled the gap I had always had. I was convinced I had found the truth.
I felt so happy and at peace. I was completely healed from swearing.

In 1981 I married, we later had a son and I became much less involved in the Church. We had financial and other problems.
I started smoking and drinking again and lost my way spiritually. Life consisted of one disaster after another.
I even found myself in court. It was a terrifying life with a young child. I was mentally unstable, needing psychiatric help, and not physically well.
We moved several times, both of my parents died and our marriage broke up.

I became very dependant on alcohol, unsuccessfully trying to stop. I felt frightened, wondering what all this was leading to, and called out
to the Lord at times. I went into detox places twice; the second time I had a fall, severely damaging two vertebrae. I was told I would end up
in a wheelchair in the near future. I really prayed a lot and was determined to stay mobile. I was OK and thanked and praised the Lord.

In 2008 while visiting in Warrnambool I asked the Lord to lead me to a Revival meeting. In about 5 minutes I was right outside the
Revival Fellowship. It was an absolute miracle and answer to prayer. I got a warm welcome as I told my story.
My alcoholism was healed immediately and the bipolar condition of almost 30 years was healed.

I now really appreciate the precious gift of the Holy Spirit. It is a truly blessed life. I am now so watchful and thankful at
being given a second chance.

the Revival Fellowship North America for you people way up north http://www.revivalusa.org/

View attachment 2192
Ann
Yah I need to go there...i guess the thing is to be where the spirit is..

Sad its so far away..but that's nice what god did for you...its a true true blessing. A great testimony indeed...

So to this day you have no symptoms of bipolar disorder?

So to this day you have no symptoms of bipolar disorder?
Ann is unable to reply directly to you, as I posted her testimony from a online reservoir of hundreds of detailed testimonies from those of us
who are Spirit-filled and believe in Mark 16:15-20, plus the Book of Acts.
I would say that Ann is healed fully as I have not heard otherwise from any saints visiting Warrnambool and returning back to Adelaide.

Another great testimony is from Peter who lives in the southern suburbs of Adelaide (South Australia) who was and continues to be
completely healed from schizophrenia and anxiety disorder. According to his testimony that was like nearly 40 years ago.

Pancakes what we in the Revival Fellowship have in common is simply believing the scriptures and doing what is commanded by Jesus
and the Apostles... full immersion water baptism, along with the expectation of receiving the Holy Spirit, with the Bible evidence of
speaking in tongues as the original true Church did.

Our Pentecostal [I think some Americans refer to this as Apostolic] Fellowship has hundreds of testimonies to wonderful healings and miracles.
Why? Because we stand on the Word of God and his promises. And because we pray in the Spirit daily for one another, as well as ourselves.
We have also 4 prayer and fasting weekends per year where we [those who participate] really press in for victories.

Pancakes, the gift of the Holy Spirit is the most value asset that we receive (next to the gospel) from God. It is more valuable than rubies or
emeralds. Don't waste this gift by not using the Holy Spirit in your prayer life. You will lose the power and strength of the Spirit and weaken
and decline to being merely religious in the flesh. Pray for your walk. Pray for your faith. Pray for your needs. Pray for others.
Build yourself up in your most holy faith by using this gift to interact directly with Jesus and your Father in heaven.

Matthew 25:
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man comes.

1Thessalonians 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.

1Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

I don't know about healings as such since I have never witnessed any genuine one, such as the blind seeing, lame walking, deaf hearing etc... but I do know it is dangerous for people with mental disorders to stop taking any medication prescribed by a medical practitioner.

I don't know about healings as such since I have never witnessed any genuine one, such as the blind seeing, lame walking, deaf hearing etc... but I do know it is dangerous for people with mental disorders to stop taking any medication prescribed by a medical practitioner.
Unless one knows that they know God spoke directly to them and said Don't take any more meds then it is Foolish not Faith to just stop.

People do foolish and stupid things and call it faith. Not Wise.
Blessings and good post @DARRELX
FCJ

If you have faith you'd be healed right?
No. Mostly quite the opposite. It takes faith / our faith develops when no healing takes place. Biblical faith is not having the ability to believe the unseen is seen. It is trusting your life in God's hands, no matter the outcome.

Back