If You Died Today?

If I died today it would be the best promotion I ever received.

It would be nice to go home today...My greatest wish...a little selfish since it would mean that my family had to deal with the arrangements...I'd prefer the rapture since they will be coming with me.

Nice website freedom. If I died today I would be at Jesus feet and singing in the choir , Holy, Holy ,Holy. I wonder what language we would be singing in ? Will we be given a new language?

I thank God everyday for his mercy, my goal in life is to put out a Christian album glorifying God and sharing the Gospel with my friends in a new light. If i die, as long as this is completed, my soul can rest as I know my words, and the Word of God has touched upon peoples heart

Hi,

Consider the following excerpt from an author:

A happy death is not in itself any evidence of a person’s piety, nor an assurance that he is sure of final happiness. The psalmist says of the wicked, “There are no bands in their death; but their strength is firm.” Ps. 73:4. On the other hand, a good man may, like Hezekiah, be in sore distress at the thought that he is near death.
In a word, the honor and glory of God should be placed before our own happiness. Indeed, happiness should never be sought. If we seek for happiness, it will be sure to escape us, although we may be satisfied with a spurious article. If we glorify God, that is of itself true happiness or blessedness, for Christ declares that they that mourn are happy. And this should show the folly of trusting to feeling in any case. The basis of the Christian’s hope and trust is not feeling, but knowledge. In the midst of terrible trial he can say, “I know that my redeemer liveth;” and although he may feel that because of poverty and low station, he is despised by men, if he keeps “the commandments of God and faith of Jesus,” he may have, not the feeling, but the assurance that he pleases God." End Quote

It is also true primarily the "reward of heaven" or the "fear of hell" would certainly appear to be an egocentric ideal to "follow God."

John

To be with Christ is to have great joy no matter what the circumstances- to walk his path may not always be easy but it is rewarding- it is worth any price- selah!

no chastening seems like joy

To be with Christ is to have great joy no matter what the circumstances- to walk his path may not always be easy but it is rewarding- it is worth any price- selah!

Hi brother, I'm in agreement with your statement.

Consider the following:

“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations,†(James 1:2), even though you’re in heaviness through them, for “though no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous but grievous, nevertheless, afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness to them that are exercised thereby†(Heb. 12:11).

Count it all joy; not that all of the trial is joy, but that the trial is the fullness of joy. It does not say “feel it all joy.†All the joy of the world to come is gained only through trial. It is through much tribulation that we enter into the kingdom of heaven. It was for “the joy that was set before Him†that Christ “endured the cross, despising the shame†(Heb. 12:2). That’s the joy!

It’s contrary to our fallen natures to rejoice in tribulation; therefore let’s study this subject closely so that we do not give those who are young in the faith necessarily that we are always going to have a “happy flight of feeling.†It may only lead them into utter despair because of their inability to continually “feel†joy.

Will we “feel†joy? Absolutely! However, “no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous but grievous.†Again, it was for “the joy set before Him†that Christ “endured the cross, despising the shame.â€

“Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and fait in your minds.â€

John

Thanks for your thoughts John,I am only trying to share my life expierience as a child of God and what I have based my life on. Some are theologians- I am a lifeologian- I simply believe God and take each step in absolute dependance and trust in Him.

Rom 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Righteouness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost- that is the kingdom of God and that is the place in which I choose to dwell.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
The fruit of the Spirit is a natural developement when you abide in the vine- joy is but one of those fruits. A friend once told me to get longsuffering you must suffer long- I was praying about this and I believe the Lord spoke clearly to me when He said that longsuffering is a fruit of the Spirit and can be found not thru struggle but thru abiding in Him.

It has been stated that "A happy death is not in itself any evidence of a person’s piety, nor an assurance that he is sure of final happiness." and while this may be true niether is a sullen, depressed walk that you find in so many religious circles.
I have learned this lesson- to be joyful in my heart even in my worst circumstances. Why because I enjoy pain? No, but I have come to rely soley on His faithfulness. True the fallen nature does not like to be tried but my inner man non the less rejoices. The joy of the Lord has been my strength for some time now and I do not see me turning back now. Perhaps I am especially privildeged to feel this joy but it has been a constant in my walk for the last 10 years. I am sure each of us has a different path to travel. I must agree with the great Apostle when he declares:

Act 20:22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
Act 20:23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Rom 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

His Joy, His peace- I find my life filled with these in spite of some otherwise unpleasant circumstances.

2Co 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2Co 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
2Co 8:3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
2Co 8:4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.

Great affliciction and abundance of joy are not mutually exclusive when your source of joy is found in Christ.

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
While the circumstance may not be joyful Heb. 12:11) indeed I count it all joy knowing my Lord works each and every circumstance for my good.
I do not think highly of myself I am the least of all the brethren and only by God's great mercy can I be saved and I realize that more every day. Only God is deserving of the glory and I will continue to cling to Him with all my heart. Many blessings on your day- Larry

A happy death is not in itself any evidence of a person’s piety, nor an assurance that he is sure of final happiness. The psalmist says of the wicked, “There are no bands in their death; but their strength is firm.” Ps. 73:4. On the other hand, a good man may, like Hezekiah, be in sore distress at the thought that he is near death.

I don't understand what the author is saying by a happy death because in my mind death is not happy..... Yes happy for the Christian who knows the Lord but sometimes it can be a time of pain and suffering and how can that be happy. It is also not a happy time for those left behind who grieve . Of course again their hope is in knowing that they will see their loved one again.

Over the years , being a nurse and working in Palliative Care.... I have seen many deaths. Those who knew the Lord and have suffered with cancer or any other sickness of course went peacefully and one could sense the fulness of their love for the Saviour.and their confidence of being with Jesus for ever and ever.

On the other hand , I have seen some horrible deaths of those who do not know the Lord.and then the screaming of the families after wards. We would have to put them in special rooms so they would not disturb the ward.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

Proverbs 14:27
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.

Proverbs 14:32
When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge.

Proverbs 15:11
Death and Destruction lie open before the LORD— how much more the hearts of men!

Proverbs 16:14A king's wrath is a messenger of death, but a wise man will appease it.

While death is never easy for those left behinds it certainly does not need to be met with fear and many a Christian has gone to His maker singing worship and praise. Many gladly gave their lives for His Name. See this link:
http://www.ccel.org/f/foxe/martyrs/home.html
I found myself hooked on an electric line once- I could not get free and I could feel my heart slowing down- after I quit struggling (as I obviously couldn't release it or get free) I had to thoughts
1. I wish I had done more for my Lord
2. I am coming home to you Jesus
Did I feel my flesh fighting death? - yes, that is only natural. Did I fear?- No I would have gladly went to be with my Saviour.
However- the Lord looked down at me an He must have thought " that cookie ain't baked" so He had my wife disconect the electricity.:eek::D:cool:

Awesome testimony Bro Larry. I am so glad you are still around. Thanks for the link.:dance::dance::dance:

Np Dusty- I have kissed death on the lips so many times I get Christmas cards from him.:eek:

i was talking to a friend today,and he said how can there be a God,with the suffering he seen his parents went through,i tried to explain that satan caused this,but he was having none of it,he was with the church for a very long time.what could i say to help change his mind.

Heh brother- good to see you. As far as your friend the scripture tells us to mourn with those who mourn- your friend may need your sympathy and a listening ear now. He may be more receptive to hearing more later. In such cases I always to to focus on God's love and how He is always there watching and waiting to pick up the pieces. I hope everything works out well- Larry

what a glorious day my death will be,then i will recieve life.i won,t be re-cycled like the world but walk a straight line in trust of jesus christ my Lord.:amen:

Amen brother- I too look forward to that day as I will meet my Lord and Saviour face to face.

very good look to it with boldness,i will fight the good fight,and pass through the valley of death on the way,with all the creatures who are there.:dance:

What a glorious day that will be S.C. when my Jesus I will see . When I look upon His face the one who saved by His grace.:israel::israel::israel::israel:

Back