If you had One Chance

I've noticed most of the active threads heating up with dispute over a variety of topics and I think we could use some levity around here, so come one come all and share with us your answers to the below question.

Question: If you had a chance to meet with any Bible character OT or NT and ask them one question - only one - what would it be and why? (Please state the name of the character as well)

Looking forward to bunch of awesome answers. Please click like/Amen on the answers you find most interesting.:D

Reminder: This is meant to be a fun little exercise, so please no deep theological questions that could cause more debate. Thank you.

Last edited:
I would like to sit down and have a cup of tea with Hadassah (who changed her name to Esther). She risked her position and her life to save others. I don't know if i would have done the same thing in her position, at that time, especially considering the general position (or lack of it) of women at that time. She really put her neck on the line. I think she was either really brave or really foolish, and there's a fine line between the two! I would love to actually talk to her and find out about her feelings and reasons and EVERYTHING! I'd really like to meet her:)

Jim is there someone in the Bible you'd like to meet and ask a question?
Well let's see here,
Jesus
Question.....What was it like when God Raised Him up while He was in hell and defeated satan and the demons and paraded them around the streets of hell before the great witnesses

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. — Colossians 2:15

I'm sorry Jim you're right - people are being respectful. I made a mistake and I should have omitted that entire first sentence. I guess I was looking for more up-lifting threads and when I didn't find them I got upset.:oops: It won't happen again.

Wonderful. Here is an "Uplifting" comment on this thread..............Poof, You are now 6 foot 8 inches tall which means you can now play in the NBA and be famous.

I would like to sit down and have a cup of tea with Hadassah (who changed her name to Esther). She risked her position and her life to save others. I don't know if i would have done the same thing in her position, at that time, especially considering the general position (or lack of it) of women at that time. She really put her neck on the line. I think she was either really brave or really foolish, and there's a fine line between the two! I would love to actually talk to her and find out about her feelings and reasons and EVERYTHING! I'd really like to meet her:)

I'm going to say Brave. She knew the risks when she appeared before the king without being called. She told Mordecai and the Israelites to fast and pray because she knew God would make a way.
There are only a few women in the OT who really amaze me, Esther is one of them. (Others are Ruth and Rahab)

In the midst of Esther's story, the bit about Mordecai and Haman is awesome too and how it ties in with Esther's life.

Excellent person of choice to meet, Annie! (y)

Hi, for me I want to ask Jesus and ask him this question, "How to endure all things and not miss the mark?" :):):)

Not miss the Mark? (I see what you did there ;), you know.. cos your name's Mark) :p

Jokes aside, that's a good question. Although I do wonder if Jesus will reply with something that's already in the Bible? Example:

Then Jesus turned to mark_marcon and said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself."

Do you think that answer is sufficient for the question you posed? (Just an interesting thought) :)

Not miss the Mark? (I see what you did there ;), you know.. cos your name's Mark) :p

Jokes aside, that's a good question. Although I do wonder if Jesus will reply with something that's already in the Bible? Example:

Then Jesus turned to mark_marcon and said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself."

Do you think that answer is sufficient for the question you posed? (Just an interesting thought) :)

Good thoughts my friend. I also think He would say come to Me all you who are weary and heavy burdened, and i will give you rest. Let Me exchange yokes with you, and learn from Me.. following everything I do, imitate Me... Matthew 11:28-30.

Also cast all of your cares upon Me (let Me take care of them, and show you what to do) for I care for you. Ps 55:22 And 1 Peter 5:7.

For the Joy of the Lord is your strength... Nehemiah 8:10
Blessings

Haha, I get your point but maybe more of how He was able to focus on the will of the Father though He prayed "if it is possible for this cup to be taken away" on how He was able to remain meek when they accused Him and such times in His life...

Because He was God. As God, He did not have a sin nature.

I've had a wonderful time reading through the comments and all the questions y'all posted.
200.gif
As for me, I'd ask either Mary/Joseph "What was Jesus like as a kid?" (did he have a hobby; did he have a best friend; was he left-handed or right-handed; did he ever forget to take out the trash :ROFLMAO:) I mean Jesus was like you and I - and He lived like you and I so what was He like when young :)

Back