If you had One Chance

Because He was God. As God, He did not have a sin nature.

Let each of you talmidim look after not only your own interests, but also the best interests of others [2:21; 1C 10:24,33].

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua,

6 Who, though existing in the demut of the mode of being of Elohim [His etzem or essential nature, Yn 1:1-2;17:5], nevertheless Moshiach did not regard being equal with G-d as a thing to be seized [BERESHIS 3:5],

7 But poured out and emptied himself [2C 8:9], taking the demut of the mode of being of an eved [YESHAYAH 52:13- 53:12 [T.N. see the AVDI TZADDIK TZEMACH DOVID MOSHIACH YIRMEYAH 23:5;ZECHARIAH 3:8], and was born in the likeness of Bnei Adam [Yn 1:14;Ro 8:3; MJ 2:14-17], and having been found in appearance as an Adam,

8 Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach humbled himself and took the path of shiflut (lowliness), unto mishma’at (obedience 2:12) [cf.BERESHIS 3:17] even unto death [Yn 10:17; MJ 5:8; 12:2], and that, a death on HaEtz [the Tree, DEVARIM 21:23; 27:26; Ga 3:13; Pp 3:18].

9 Therefore, also Hashem exalted [YESHAYAH 52:13; 53:12; DANIEL 9:26; 7:14; Ac 2:33; MJ 1:3] Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach, and gave to him haShem [Ep 1:21; MJ 1:4] above every name,

10 That at haShem of Yehoshua, KOL BERECH (every kneeYESHAYAH 45:23) will bow, of beings b’Shomayim and ba’Aretz and mitachat laAretz (in the world below),

11 And KOL LASHON (every tongueYESHAYAH 45:23) shall make hoda’ah (confession) with an Ani Ma’amin that is an open and public admission that Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua (Yeshua) is Adoneinu, to the kavod of Elohim Avinu.

Let each of you talmidim look after not only your own interests, but also the best interests of others [2:21; 1C 10:24,33].

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua,

6 Who, though existing in the demut of the mode of being of Elohim [His etzem or essential nature, Yn 1:1-2;17:5], nevertheless Moshiach did not regard being equal with G-d as a thing to be seized [BERESHIS 3:5],

7 But poured out and emptied himself [2C 8:9], taking the demut of the mode of being of an eved [YESHAYAH 52:13- 53:12 [T.N. see the AVDI TZADDIK TZEMACH DOVID MOSHIACH YIRMEYAH 23:5;ZECHARIAH 3:8], and was born in the likeness of Bnei Adam [Yn 1:14;Ro 8:3; MJ 2:14-17], and having been found in appearance as an Adam,

8 Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach humbled himself and took the path of shiflut (lowliness), unto mishma’at (obedience 2:12) [cf.BERESHIS 3:17] even unto death [Yn 10:17; MJ 5:8; 12:2], and that, a death on HaEtz [the Tree, DEVARIM 21:23; 27:26; Ga 3:13; Pp 3:18].

9 Therefore, also Hashem exalted [YESHAYAH 52:13; 53:12; DANIEL 9:26; 7:14; Ac 2:33; MJ 1:3] Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach, and gave to him haShem [Ep 1:21; MJ 1:4] above every name,

10 That at haShem of Yehoshua, KOL BERECH (every kneeYESHAYAH 45:23) will bow, of beings b’Shomayim and ba’Aretz and mitachat laAretz (in the world below),

11 And KOL LASHON (every tongueYESHAYAH 45:23) shall make hoda’ah (confession) with an Ani Ma’amin that is an open and public admission that Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Yehoshua (Yeshua) is Adoneinu, to the kavod of Elohim Avinu.

Excellent quotes from the Orthodox Jewish Bible. The Philippians passage in view is all about the "Kenosis" of Christ.

The verses posted gives us the 7 steps of humiliation which Christ took but setting aside HIs deity is not one of them.

Is that what you were trying to point out?

I guess I would probably have at least 1 question for every Bible character! Probably most of the questions for Jesus. But I think when we get to heaven, we would understand "everything" and there would be no need to ask questions. Our knowledge would become complete.

May be I will ask Aaron how he even came up with this story! It is like kids giving excuses to parents :)

So I told them, ‘Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off.’ Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!”

Back