if you make a contract with god ... should it be by god or jesus ?

My question to you is this:

What kind of "contract" is this?

And Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are all three in one. They are all the same. So if you sign a contract with God, you're signing a contract with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. If you're signing a contract with Jesus, you're signing a contract with God and the Holy Spirit. And if you sign a contract with the Holy Spirit, you are signing a contract with God and Jesus.

When you sign a contract with one of them, you are signing a contract with all of them.

But signing a contract seems a bit worrisome to me :/ Are you trying to say you want to follow after them?

im saying .... i want no evil legal right on anyone ... and angels have legal right to attack demons regardless what sin the person have committed... and of course god to guide those who are hurting and protect them,.

What do you mean a contract? Are you referring to a covenant or just regular prayer? It doesn't matter, they are the exact same person. The Trinity is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

First things first.. God and Jesus are one and the same!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

im saying .... i want no evil legal right on anyone ... and angels have legal right to attack demons regardless what sin the person have committed... and of course god to guide those who are hurting and protect them,.

I must say that I am befuddled by your confusion? I noted you started several threads: one of which asked about the 'rules' in Christianity. This becomes a touchy subject fast. As someone who started off on the wrong foot in "legalism" myself; Christianity is not about 'Contracts' and 'rules', but faith is the basis of what people would call our "religion".

As far as "making oaths": my best advice is NOT to make them; don't make contracts you have no way of fulfilling. God NEEDS NOTHING from us-it is we that are need of Him. By faith, through His Grace; because of His Works, give God your heart, because you desire to know Him.

You have no way to keep a contract with God: You can never achieve perfection (Holiness) on your own. The Good News is Jesus Christ finished ALL the work; fulfilled ALL the law so that mankind may have eternal life-if they will accept and believe that they need God.

Following Christ in obedience is an issue addressed AFTER salvation (being "Born Again").

Last edited:
I must say that I am befuddled by your confusion? I noted you started several threads: one of which asked about the 'rules' in Christianity. This becomes a touchy subject fast. As someone who started off on the wrong foot in "legalism" myself; Christianity is not about 'Contracts' and 'rules', but faith is the basis of what people would call our "religion".

As far as "making oaths": my best advice is NOT to make them; don't make contracts you have no way of fulfilling. God NEEDS NOTHING from us-it is we that are need of Him. By faith, through His Grace; because of His Works, give God your heart, because you desire to know Him.

You have no way to keep a contract with God: You can never achieve perfection (Holiness) on your own. The Good News is Jesus Christ finished ALL the work; fulfilled ALL the law so that mankind may have eternal life-if they will accept and believe that they need God.

Following Christ in obedience is an issue addressed AFTER salvation (being "Born Again").

You then make TWO Mike because I do not understand his comments at all.

I will contend that Salvation is a "contract;" a superior voluntary contract that supersedes the old compulsory Mosaic contract. Not only is it superior but it is a broader contract offered to the whole world.

A covenant, contract, compact, or binding agreement are all synonymous to require two parties to "agree" to a given set of terms, precepts, or set of responsibilities. Though we may not be equipped in the beginning to uphold the contract of salvation with maturity, we are still none the less "required" to be holy as He is holy. We are contractually required to "sin no more," and walk as Christ walked. It is then that "reconciliation" through His forgiveness that enables us to adopt the mind of Christ into our own.

I will contend that Salvation is a "contract;" a superior voluntary contract that supersedes the old compulsory Mosaic contract. Not only is it superior but it is a broader contract offered to the whole world.

A covenant, contract, compact, or binding agreement are all synonymous to require two parties to "agree" to a given set of terms, precepts, or set of responsibilities. Though we may not be equipped in the beginning to uphold the contract of salvation with maturity, we are still none the less "required" to be holy as He is holy. We are contractually required to "sin no more," and walk as Christ walked. It is then that "reconciliation" through His forgiveness that enables us to adopt the mind of Christ into our own.
With all respect, please note the difference between a covenant and a contract and other forms of binding agreements. Unlike the common bilateral agreements we commonly think of, a covenant requires each party to continue performance regardless of the other party's fulfillment of their obligation. The reason individuals seldom covenant with one another is because we can rarely be expected to live up to unilateral promises. God, on the other hand, being omnipotent, never ending and holy, can and will honor his covenant promises. We,of course, are called to do the same but, being sinful in nature, never really do.

Well I suppose that is one way to look at it.....

With all respect, please note the difference between a covenant and a contract and other forms of binding agreements. Unlike the common bilateral agreements we commonly think of, a covenant requires each party to continue performance regardless of the other party's fulfillment of their obligation. The reason individuals seldom covenant with one another is because we can rarely be expected to live up to unilateral promises. God, on the other hand, being omnipotent, never ending and holy, can and will honor his covenant promises. We,of course, are called to do the same but, being sinful in nature, never really do.

An excellent point

I will agree that a covenant is the greatest kind of a contract that requires "love."

Back