Ignoring the Voice of God

Ignoring the Voice of God

A couple of weeks ago, I began tutoring a little boy with some rather serious physical problems. He is deaf in one ear, wears glasses, has a speech impediment, and has the worst case of ADHD I've ever seen. I knew it would be tough, but I thought I could help this child. I wanted to help him. I had no idea how difficult it was going to be.

Evidently, the boy was used to people giving in to him because of his disabilities. I don't give in, so we butted heads for the first couple of lessons. I'd ask him a question, he would ignore me. At certain times, he would even place his hands over his ears. (GRRRRR) I tried puzzles, books, puppets, and games, but he seems completely uninterested in cooperating. To be honest, I was about ready to quit (or stab myself to death with his pencil).

Then, last Thursday, a miraculous happened. He cooperated. He talked with me. He played the games. He completed the projects. He listened. He even gave me a "high five" a couple of times. I was amazed and greatly relieved!

I wonder, though, how many times I treat my Lord the same way. He tries to help me, but I ignore him. I don't like His plans or His ideas, so I cover my ears and pretend I didn't hear Him. How many times do I refuse to cooperate with Him or act according to His will?

I'm so glad He hasn't given up on me! I'm so thankful for His patience with me. This tutoring experience has given me a new outlook on my life and my attitude towards the Lord's guidance. May I never be resentful of the aid and direction He tries to give me!

Thank you for sharing this and yes I have been like that little boy many times. The problem is we can't see the bigger picture and sometimes don't trust The Lord to know what's best for us.
Pruning must take place when we insist on having our own way, and boy that can hurt.:smiley170:
Its walking by faith that's so difficult at times, yet we know thats the way we must go. Praise God we serve a God who will never ever give up on us.:dance:

danagirl
I believe we have all been in this situation and I am just thankful That our God is a forgiving and love Father.
It is when we are put in difficult situations that we must learn to trust and lean on God instead of ignoring what he has to say.
I have been going through a tough time right at the moment and I am learning to stop struggling and trying to do it my own, but rather hand things over to God.
For it is when we stop struggling and believe, that is when God brings all things together and make things run smoothly. For what are big problems to us
are just a small drop in the ocean to our Heavenly Father....... May God Blessings be with you for being so honest ........ love Jane

Thank you for sharing your story. I know that I am that way more than I would like to admit. I can certainly learn a thing or two from this post. I am so thankful for God's unconditional love. Praise God!!

The Lord brought this to your attention and in hearing Him now all can see this wonderful thing you have shared with us. The Spirit Lives, Amen...

You know its no small thing, what you posted. What you have done is the greatest miraculous thing a person can do, Hear the Lord with inner ears and act on it.

Thank you Lord, Thank you.

Thank you for sharing this Dana...it is oh so true.

By the way, I purchased your book, The Deadly Darts of the Devil, and loved it.

Blessings, Cheri

Thanks for all the kind words, and thanks, Cheri, for buying my book. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just received news last week that Baal Hamon Publishers is going to publish my Christian middle-grade novel, "The Delaware Detectives." They are also currently looking at another devotional book of mine entitled "Random Ramblings of a Raving Redhead." I'll keep ya'll up to date with what's happening.

I tutored the little boy this past Tuesday, and things were going well until I made him mad by not letting him do something he wanted to do. After that, I had to work hard to convince him that we couldn't always do things his way. Sometimes he just needs to follow directions. The entire time I was talking to him, I could hear the Lord echoing my words. Man, that's convicting.

Please pray for me. My husband and I are going through some pretty big trials right now, and I'm finding it so difficult to trust the Lord. I want to trust Him. I want to have faith. But, instead, I find myself worrying about things and trying to figure out how to get out of this mess. I would truly appreciate your prayers!

Dana, I will definitely be praying for you.:groupray:

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.John 14:27,

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.Psalm 46:1

Please post this prayer request in the "Prayer and Praise" section, so that more people will see it and be sending up prayers for you. If you want me to cut and paste it for you I will, just let me know.

Blessings, Cheri

i,m affraid to say the little boy is correct not to listen,we come into this world to trust grown ups and digest everything they tell us as truth.some teachers teach evolution in Christian schools,imagine how mixed up that child is.?

God made men and women,then its God made pond slime which evolved into monkey over millions of years and then into humans.?a little bit ironic.?

No Worries by Carolyn Larsen

Do you expend a lot of energy on worry? Do you fret about what might happen and mentally play out the scenarios of what might come if life takes you down various trails? Are you worrying about things over which you have no control? Why? Will your worry change anything? It doesn't have the power to add length to your life and it will detract from your quality of life.

Two wonderful gifts can help us through the stresses of life. First, we have prayer -- we can talk with God about our worries. Second, we have the Word to remind us of His presence and power.

So, even when you can't make any sense of what's happening, trust God's heart. He has a plan and He will see you through.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:27

God bless you and your husband Dana,

Cheri

Thank you Cheri for your posts. It feels so comforting to pray and turn over my worries to God. Dana, I will certainly pray for your and your husband. God bless!

Dana I join in prayer with Cherri and heather in lift you and your husband up to the God of the most High I prayer That he will lead you through this trails and that He will turn your situation around. Thank you Father for want you are about to do in Jesus name amen

Attachments

• praying_hands.gif
    praying_hands.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 92
Back