I'm so lost & confused

U

Unregistered

I'm so lost & confused

I don't know where to turn, I don't know who to talk to.

My immediate family is not religious at all, we don't go to church and my mom is Catholic and I don't even know what my dad is.

I think the last time I've been to a church was either Christmas or Easter probably 4 years ago.

The past two years, all I've been trying to do is find myself, find my religion. I don't know where to start. I'm 20 years old, and I don't even really know the difference in religions, and I'm not even baptized. Sometimes it makes me want to cry...

I feel like I've been doing something wrong. I've asked my mom to go to church, and she says okay, but we never go. I just feel like, by me not being baptized, or not going to church.. I feel like, when my time comes, what's going to happen to me?

about a week ago, my friend committed suicide. And the whole week all I've been thinking about is death, and heaven & hell, and God and Jesus and everything. I can't stop thinking about it.. all I want to do is cry.

I know I've committed sins, and I feel like.. if something happens to me, and my time comes, what's going to happen? Will I go to hell? I believe in God and Jesus and I love them and I want to go to heaven, but I see everywhere that if you're not baptized or don't go to church then God doesn't "see me"

I just really have no information about the bible.. I just feel like I have this empty spot in me..

I don't know where to turn, I don't know who to talk to.

My immediate family is not religious at all, we don't go to church and my mom is Catholic and I don't even know what my dad is.

I think the last time I've been to a church was either Christmas or Easter probably 4 years ago.

The past two years, all I've been trying to do is find myself, find my religion. I don't know where to start. I'm 20 years old, and I don't even really know the difference in religions, and I'm not even baptized. Sometimes it makes me want to cry...

I feel like I've been doing something wrong. I've asked my mom to go to church, and she says okay, but we never go. I just feel like, by me not being baptized, or not going to church.. I feel like, when my time comes, what's going to happen to me?

about a week ago, my friend committed suicide. And the whole week all I've been thinking about is death, and heaven & hell, and God and Jesus and everything. I can't stop thinking about it.. all I want to do is cry.

First, let me say how sorry I am about your friend! It is never easy to see something like that happen to anyone, let alone a friend. Also, it is a good thing that what happened has caused you to think about eternity!

I know I've committed sins, and I feel like.. if something happens to me, and my time comes, what's going to happen? Will I go to hell? I believe in God and Jesus and I love them and I want to go to heaven, but I see everywhere that if you're not baptized or don't go to church then God doesn't "see me"

Everyone has committed sins! It is part of the nature we're born with. The Bible says that we are all born with Adam's sinful nature, but there is hope and there is a way out! Believing in Jesus is a great first step!

Despite what some denominations like Catholics will tell you or have you believe, not going to church and not being baptized are not "mortal sins" nor are they a requirement for going to heaven! The only thing that is required in order for anyone to go to Heaven is being born again!

That means that you make a conscious decision to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and basically let Him take over every aspect of your life! It's sounds hard but it's not! Jesus said in John 14:6 "...I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me." That means that the only way to go to heaven is to accept what Jesus did for all humanity which is He died on the cross for all our sins, was resurrected and ascended to heaven having paid the price necessary for all sins to be cleansed!

I would suggest that you go to a non-denominational church and talk about your desire to become saved with someone there! Not knowing what city you're from I can't suggest any churches but you can do a web search for non-denominational, full gospel churches in your area.

Acts 4:12
John 14:6

I just really have no information about the bible.. I just feel like I have this empty spot in me..

That empty spot is the place that is in all of us that only Jesus can fill up! It is normal to feel that way! Please, go to a church, become saved and start reading the Bible on your own. Also, pray and ask Jesus to show you what church you should go to! He does answer all kinds of prayers and nothing is trivial to Him!

Also remember this: there is a big difference between being religious which many time is just an outward act and having a relationship with Jesus which is what we all need desperately! Also, remember this: Jesus is NOT mad at you, He does not look to punish you, He loves you more than anyone else has ever loved or will love you and He is waiting for you to call upon His name!

I hope this has answered some of your questions! Take heart because Jesus loves you and you can have eternal life through Him!

Laura:)

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Man cannot earn entrance into God's Kingdom. Jesus was God's Way, provided out of love that those who would be with Him could come.

My friend a simple place to start is to recognize your need for a Savior.

A=
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
No man is pure enough to stand in the presence of the Holy Living God.

B=
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

God in His great love offered payment for our sin that we may stand in His presence and know His fellowship once again. This is His provision for your salvation and not the work of man.

C=
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

We call on the Name of the Lord, believing He died for our sins, the door is opened and Christ comes to live in our heart. As We receive His gift of love, new life is imparted . Everything begins to take on new meaning. Having a relationship with the Living God is unlike anything else on will ever experience. Jesus was not Catholic, Baptist, Methodist or any other denomination. I would like to invite you to become a part of the Kingdom of God. Please pray this with me:

Lord Jesus I know I have sinned, I recognize that the Father is Love but He is also Holy. I accept Your sacrifice on the cross as payment for my sin, I now realize that Your love for me is so great that You would have gladly paid that price if I was the only one who needed You. Come and dwell in my heart be my Lord and Savior.
If you have prayed that prayer Jesus is already living in your heart. Find a bible believing church where the Word of God is taught,

If you have prayed that prayer I also have a special prayer for you:
Father in the Name of Jesus I thank You that my friend has found his way to You through Jesus Christ your wonderful Son and precious sacrifice. Fill him now with Your Holy Spirit, lead and guide his steps, teach him Your ways. Father I thank You that my friend will never be the same.
In Jesus Name I pray, so be it.

friend, If and when you feel the conviction of the LORD pulling at your heart, and you are ready to lay al those burdens down at HIS merciful feet, then you call on JESUS and pray. Pray untill you feel you are finished and untill you feel the LORD lets you know you are. When you accept JESUS to save you, you will be a new creature, and will leave all that sin and fear about where you are going and what will happen to you..
You will grow in your relationship with CHrist and as you gaim knowledge in our FATHer"S word, HE will begin to comfort you and to relieve you of all the feelings you have in your heart and mind now..

Seek HIM. DO not ever let the devil talk you out of what you know is truth!!!
Make HIM your life! ANd it is easy to do this once HE enter's into your heart.

Above all, trust HIM and HE will never leave your side!

Where Are the Dead?

What happens to us when we die?

Why do we die?

Would it be comforting to know the truth about death?

THESE are questions that people have thought about for thousands of years. They are important questions. No matter who we are or where we live, the answers concern each one of us.

2 In the preceding chapter, we discussed how the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ opened the way to everlasting life. We also learned that the Bible foretells a time when “death will be no more.” (Revelation 21:4) Meanwhile, we all die. “The living are conscious that they will die,” said wise King Solomon. (Ecclesiastes 9:5) We try to live as long as possible. Still, we wonder what will happen to us when we die.

3 When our loved ones die, we mourn. And we may ask: ‘What has happened to them? Are they suffering? Are they watching over us? Can we help them? Will we ever see them again?’ The world’s religions offer differing answers to these questions. Some teach that if you live a good life, you will go to heaven but if you live a bad life, you will burn in a place of torment. Other religions teach that at death, people pass on to the spirit realm to be with their ancestors. Still other religions teach that the dead go to an underworld to be judged and are then reincarnated, or reborn in another body.

4 Such religious teachings all share one basic idea—that some part of us survives the death of the physical body. According to almost every religion, past and present, we somehow live on forever with the ability to see, hear, and think. Yet, how can that be? Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENS AT DEATH?

5 What happens at death is no mystery to Jehovah, the Creator of the brain. He knows the truth, and in his Word, the Bible, he explains the condition of the dead. Its clear teaching is this: When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. Not even one part of us survives the death of the body. We do not possess an immortal soul or spirit.

6 After Solomon observed that the living know that they will die, he wrote: “As for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” He then enlarged on that basic truth by saying that the dead can neither love nor hate and that “there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in [the grave].” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6,*10) Similarly, Psalm 146:4 says that when a man dies, “his thoughts do perish.” We are mortal and do not survive the death of our body. The life we enjoy is like the flame of a candle. When the flame is put out, it does not go anywhere. It is simply gone.

WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT DEATH

7 Jesus Christ spoke about the condition of the dead. He did so with regard to Lazarus, a man whom he knew well and who had died. Jesus told his disciples: “Lazarus our friend has gone to rest.” The disciples thought that Jesus meant that Lazarus was resting in sleep, recovering from an illness. They were wrong. Jesus explained: “Lazarus has died.” (John 11:11-14) Notice that Jesus compared death to rest and sleep. Lazarus was neither in heaven nor in a burning hell. He was not meeting angels or ancestors. Lazarus was not being reborn as another human. He was at rest in death, as though in a deep sleep without dreams. Other scriptures also compare death to sleep. For example, when the disciple Stephen was stoned to death, the Bible says that he “fell asleep.” (Acts 7:60) Similarly, the apostle Paul wrote about some in his day who had “fallen asleep” in death.—1*Corinthians 15:6.

8 Was it God’s original purpose for people to die? Not at all! Jehovah made man to live forever on earth. As we learned earlier in this book, God placed the first human couple in a delightful paradise. He blessed them with perfect health. Jehovah wanted only good for them. Does any loving parent want his children to suffer the pain of old age and death? Of course not! Jehovah loved his children and wanted them to enjoy endless happiness on earth. Concerning humans, the Bible says: “Time indefinite [Jehovah] has put in their heart.” (Ecclesiastes 3:11) God created us with the desire to live forever. And he has opened the way for that desire to be fulfilled.

WHY HUMANS DIE

9 Why, then, do humans die? To find the answer, we must consider what happened when there was only one man and one woman on earth. The Bible explains: “Jehovah God made to grow out of the ground every tree desirable to one’s sight and good for food.” (Genesis 2:9) However, there was one restriction. Jehovah told Adam: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.” (Genesis 2:16,*17) This command was not difficult to obey. There were many other trees from which Adam and Eve could eat. But they now received a special opportunity to show their gratitude to the One who had given them everything, including perfect life. Their obedience would also show that they respected the authority of their heavenly Father and that they wanted his loving direction.

10 Sadly, the first human couple chose to disobey Jehovah. Speaking through a serpent, Satan asked Eve: “Is it really so that God said you must not eat from every tree of the garden?” Eve replied: “Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat. But as for eating of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it that you do not die.’”—Genesis 3:1-3.

11 “You positively will not die,” said Satan. “God knows that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God, knowing good and bad.” (Genesis 3:4,*5) Satan wanted Eve to believe that she would benefit by eating the forbidden fruit. According to him, she could decide for herself what was right and what was wrong; she could do what she wanted. Satan also charged that Jehovah had lied about the consequences of eating the fruit. Eve believed Satan. So she picked some of the fruit and ate it. She then gave some to her husband, and he too ate some of it. They did not act in ignorance. They knew that they were doing exactly what God had told them not to do. By eating the fruit, they deliberately disobeyed a simple and reasonable command. They showed contempt for their heavenly Father and his authority. Such disrespect for their loving Creator was inexcusable!

12 To illustrate: How would you feel if you raised and cared for a son or a daughter who then disobeyed you in a way that showed that he or she had no respect or love for you? That would cause you much heartache. Imagine, then, how hurt Jehovah must have felt when both Adam and Eve took a course of opposition to him.

13 Jehovah had no reason to sustain disobedient Adam and Eve forever. They died, just as he had said they would. Adam and Eve ceased to exist. They did not pass on to the spirit realm. We know this because of what Jehovah said to Adam after confronting him with his disobedience. God said: “You [will] return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) God had made Adam from the dust of the ground. (Genesis 2:7) Before that, Adam did not exist. Therefore, when Jehovah said that Adam would return to the dust, He meant that Adam would return to a state of nonexistence. Adam would be as lifeless as the dust from which he was made.

14 Adam and Eve could have been alive today, but they died because they chose to disobey God and thus sinned. The reason we die is that Adam’s sinful condition as well as death was passed on to all of his descendants. (Romans 5:12) That sin is like a terrible inherited disease from which no one can escape. Its consequence, death, is a curse. Death is an enemy, not a friend. (1*Corinthians 15:26) How grateful we can be that Jehovah provided the ransom to rescue us from this dreadful enemy!

KNOWING THE TRUTH ABOUT DEATH IS BENEFICIAL

15 What the Bible teaches about the condition of the dead is comforting. As we have seen, the dead do not suffer pain or heartache. There is no reason to be afraid of them, for they cannot harm us. They do not need our help, and they cannot help us. We cannot speak with them, and they cannot speak with us. Many religious leaders falsely claim that they can help those who have died, and people who believe such leaders give them money. But knowing the truth protects us from being deceived by those who teach such lies.

16 Does your religion agree with what the Bible teaches about the dead? Most do not. Why? Because their teachings have been influenced by Satan. He uses false religion to get people to believe that after their body dies, they will continue to live in the spirit realm. This is a lie that Satan combines with other lies to turn people away from Jehovah God. How so?

17 As noted earlier, some religions teach that if a person lives a bad life, after death he will go to a place of fiery torment to suffer forever. This teaching dishonors God. Jehovah is a God of love and would never make people suffer in this way. (1*John 4:8) How would you feel about a man who punished a disobedient child by holding his hands in a fire? Would you respect such a man? In fact, would you even want to get to know him? Definitely not! You would likely think that he was very cruel. Yet, Satan wants us to believe that Jehovah tortures people in fire forever—for countless billions of years!

18 Satan also uses some religions to teach that after death people become spirits who must be respected and honored by the living. According to this teaching, the spirits of the dead can become powerful friends or terrible enemies. Many people believe this lie. They fear the dead and give them honor and worship. In contrast, the Bible teaches that the dead are sleeping and that we should worship only the true God, Jehovah, our Creator and Provider.—Revelation 4:11.

19 Knowing the truth about the dead protects you from being misled by religious lies. It also helps you to understand other Bible teachings. For example, when you realize that people do not pass on to the spirit realm at death, the promise of everlasting life on a paradise earth takes on real meaning for you.

20 Long ago, the righteous man Job raised this question: “If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?” (Job 14:14) Can a lifeless person who is sleeping in death be brought back to life?

Real Hope for Your Loved Ones Who Have Died

How do we know that the resurrection will really happen?

How does Jehovah feel about resurrecting the dead?

Who will be resurrected?

IMAGINE that you are running away from a vicious enemy. He is much stronger and faster than you are. You know that he is merciless because you have seen him kill some of your friends. No matter how hard you try to outrun him, he keeps getting closer. There seems to be no hope. Suddenly, though, a rescuer appears at your side. He is far more powerful than your enemy, and he promises to help you. How relieved that makes you feel!

2 In a sense, you are being pursued by such an enemy. All of us are. As we learned in the preceding chapter, the Bible calls death an enemy. None of us can outrun it or fight it off. Most of us have seen this enemy claim the lives of people dear to us. But Jehovah is far more powerful than death. He is the loving Rescuer who has already shown that he can defeat this enemy. And he promises to destroy this enemy, death, once and for all. The Bible teaches: “As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.” (1*Corinthians 15:26) That is good news!

3 Let us take a brief look at how the enemy death affects us when it strikes. Doing this will help us to appreciate something that will make us happy. You see, Jehovah promises that the dead will live again. (Isaiah 26:19) They will be brought back to life. That is the hope of the resurrection.

WHEN A LOVED ONE DIES

4 Have you lost a loved one in death? The pain, the grief, and the feelings of helplessness can seem unbearable. At such times, we need to go to God’s Word for comfort. (2*Corinthians 1:3,*4) The Bible helps us to understand how Jehovah and Jesus feel about death. Jesus, who perfectly reflected his Father, knew the pain of losing someone in death. (John 14:9) When he was in Jerusalem, Jesus used to visit Lazarus and his sisters, Mary and Martha, who lived in the nearby town of Bethany. They became close friends. The Bible says: “Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.” (John 11:5) As we learned in the preceding chapter, though, Lazarus died.

5 How did Jesus feel about losing his friend? The account tells us that Jesus joined Lazarus’ relatives and friends as they grieved over this loss. Seeing them, Jesus was deeply moved. He “groaned in the spirit and became troubled.” Then, the account says, “Jesus gave way to tears.” (John 11:33,*35) Did Jesus’ grief mean that he had no hope? Not at all. In fact, Jesus knew that something wonderful was about to happen. (John 11:3,*4) Still, he felt the pain and sorrow that death brings.

6 In a way, Jesus’ grief is encouraging to us. It teaches us that Jesus and his Father, Jehovah, hate death. But Jehovah God is able to fight and overcome that enemy! Let us see what God enabled Jesus to do.

“LAZARUS, COME ON OUT!”

7 Lazarus had been buried in a cave, and Jesus asked that the stone sealing its entrance be taken away. Martha objected because after four days, Lazarus’ body must have begun to decay. (John 11:39) From a human standpoint, what hope was there?

8 The stone was rolled away, and Jesus cried out with a loud voice: “Lazarus, come on out!” What happened? “The man that had been dead came out.” (John 11:43,*44) Can you imagine the joy of the people there? Whether Lazarus was their brother, relative, friend, or neighbor, they knew that he had died. Yet, here he was—the same dear man—standing among them again. That must have seemed too good to be true. Many no doubt embraced Lazarus joyfully. What a victory over death!

9 Jesus did not claim to perform this amazing miracle on his own. In his prayer just before calling out to Lazarus, he made it clear that Jehovah was the Source of the resurrection. (John 11:41,*42) This was not the only time that Jehovah used his power in this way. The resurrection of Lazarus is just one of nine miracles of this kind recorded in God’s Word. To read and study these accounts is a delight. They teach us that God is not partial, for the resurrected ones include young and old, male and female, Israelite and non-Israelite. And what joy is described in these passages! For example, when Jesus raised a young girl from the dead, her parents “were beside themselves with great ecstasy.” (Mark 5:42) Yes, Jehovah had given them a cause for joy that they would never forget.

10 Of course, those resurrected by Jesus eventually died again. Does this mean that it was pointless to resurrect them? Not at all. These Bible accounts confirm important truths and give us hope.

LEARNING FROM THE RESURRECTION ACCOUNTS

11 The Bible teaches that the dead “are conscious of nothing at all.” They are not alive and have no conscious existence anywhere. The account of Lazarus confirms this. Upon returning to life, did Lazarus thrill people with descriptions of heaven? Or did he terrify them with horrible tales about a burning hell? No. The Bible contains no such words from Lazarus. During the four days that he was dead, he had been “conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Lazarus had simply been sleeping in death.—John 11:11.

12 The account of Lazarus also teaches us that the resurrection is a reality, not a mere myth. Jesus raised Lazarus in front of a crowd of eyewitnesses. Even the religious leaders, who hated Jesus, did not deny this miracle. Rather, they said: “What are we to do, because this man [Jesus] performs many signs?” (John 11:47) Many people went to see the resurrected man. As a result, even more of them put faith in Jesus. They saw in Lazarus living proof that Jesus was sent by God. This evidence was so powerful that some of the hardhearted Jewish religious leaders planned to kill both Jesus and Lazarus.—John 11:53; 12:9-11.

13 Is it unrealistic to accept the resurrection as a fact? No, for Jesus taught that someday “all those in the memorial tombs” will be resurrected. (John 5:28) Jehovah is the Creator of all life. Should it be hard to believe that he can re-create life? Of course, much would depend on Jehovah’s memory. Can he remember our dead loved ones? Countless trillions of stars fill the universe, yet God gives the name of each one! (Isaiah 40:26) So Jehovah God can remember our dead loved ones in every detail, and he is ready to restore them to life.

14 How, though, does Jehovah feel about resurrecting the dead? The Bible teaches that he is eager to raise the dead. The faithful man Job asked: “If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?” Job was speaking about waiting in the grave until the time came for God to remember him. He said to Jehovah: “You will call, and I myself shall answer you. For the work of your hands you will have a yearning.”—Job 14:13-15.

15 Just think! Jehovah actually yearns to bring the dead back to life. Is it not heartwarming to learn that Jehovah feels that way? But what about this future resurrection? Who will be resurrected, and where?

“ALL THOSE IN THE MEMORIAL TOMBS”

16 The Bible’s resurrection accounts teach us much about the resurrection to come. People who were restored to life right here on earth were reunited with their loved ones. The future resurrection will be similar—but much better. As we learned in Chapter*3, God’s purpose is that the whole earth be made into a paradise. So the dead will not be raised to life in a world filled with war, crime, and sickness. They will have an opportunity to live forever on this earth in peaceful and happy conditions.

17 Who will be resurrected? Jesus said that “all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [Jesus’] voice and come out.” (John 5:28,*29) Similarly, Revelation 20:13 says: “The sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Hades gave up those dead in them.” “Hades” refers to the common grave of mankind. (See the Appendix, pages*212-13.) This collective grave will be emptied. All those billions who rest there will live again. The apostle Paul said: “There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) What does that mean?

18 “The righteous” include many of the people we read about in the Bible who lived before Jesus came to the earth. You might think of Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Moses, Ruth, Esther, and many others. Some of these men and women of faith are discussed in the 11th chapter of Hebrews. But “the righteous” also include Jehovah’s servants who die in our time. Thanks to the resurrection hope, we may be freed from any dread of dying.—Hebrews 2:15.

19 What about all the people who did not serve or obey Jehovah because they never knew about him? These billions of “unrighteous” ones will not be forgotten. They too will be resurrected and given time to learn about the true God and to serve him. During a period of a thousand years, the dead will be resurrected and given an opportunity to join faithful humans on earth in serving Jehovah. It will be a wonderful time. This period is what the Bible refers to as Judgment Day.

20 Does this mean that every human who ever lived will be resurrected? No. The Bible says that some of the dead are in “Gehenna.” (Luke 12:5) Gehenna got its name from a garbage dump located outside of ancient Jerusalem. Dead bodies and garbage were burned there. The dead whose bodies were thrown there were considered by the Jews to be unworthy of a burial and a resurrection. So Gehenna is a fitting symbol of everlasting destruction. Although Jesus will have a role in judging the living and the dead, Jehovah is the final Judge. (Acts 10:42) He will never resurrect those whom he judges to be wicked and unwilling to change.

THE HEAVENLY RESURRECTION

21 The Bible also refers to another kind of resurrection, one to life as a spirit creature in heaven. Only one example of this type of resurrection is recorded in the Bible, that of Jesus Christ.

22 After Jesus was put to death as a human, Jehovah did not allow His faithful Son to remain in the grave. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 13:34,*35) God resurrected Jesus, but not as a human. The apostle Peter explains that Christ was “put to death in the flesh, but .*.*. made alive in the spirit.” (1*Peter 3:18) This truly was a great miracle. Jesus was alive again as a mighty spirit person! (1*Corinthians 15:3-6) Jesus was the first ever to receive this glorious type of resurrection. (John 3:13) But he would not be the last.

23 Knowing that he would soon return to heaven, Jesus told his faithful followers that he would “prepare a place” for them there. (John 14:2) Jesus referred to those going to heaven as his “little flock.” (Luke 12:32) How many are to be in this relatively small group of faithful Christians? According to Revelation 14:1, the apostle John says: “I saw, and, look! the Lamb [Jesus Christ] standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.”

24 These 144,000 Christians, including Jesus’ faithful apostles, are raised to life in heaven. When does their resurrection take place? The apostle Paul wrote that it would occur during the time of Christ’s presence. (1*Corinthians 15:23) As you will learn in Chapter*9, we are now living in that time. So those few remaining ones of the 144,000 who die in our day are instantly resurrected to life in heaven. (1*Corinthians 15:51-55) The vast majority of mankind, however, have the prospect of being resurrected in the future to life in Paradise on earth.

25 Yes, Jehovah really will defeat our enemy death, and it will be gone forever! (Isaiah 25:8)

My dear one,
I am so sorry to hear of your friend. I pray that God will sustain and keep you in this time of loss and grief.

In response to you posting;
God's Word ( the Bible) tells us that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. We were all born with something called sin. We inherited it from our first parents Adam and Eve who rebelled and sinned against God. Since that time, the entire human race has been lost in sin. Sin is lethal, it will kill you emotionally, physically and spiritually. Sin separates us from a Holy and Righteous God. No amount of religion can solve this problem, infact there is absolutely no solution from a human point of view. In His great love, God Himself has made a provision of redemption and salvation for each one of us !
Jesus came to this earth and was God's Sacrificial Lamb. When He died upon the cross, He did it for you ! He was dying in your place ! He sufferred and paid the price of your sin. By confessing that you are a sinner, and by personally accepting his provision of salvation for yourself ( invite Christ into your heart and life). You receive salvation and stand innocent before God. Organized religion doesn't figure into this. God's plan of salvation is all you need.

Praying that you accept Him

Pastor Glenn

:) Hi
I dont know if you know but there is some awesome resources here on board for you to read through about salvation . Salvation is a gift ,and you can have salvation if you believe . Would you like to choose salvation ? and Jesus Christ as your Savior ?

:smiley60: UUHM
As I was reading through the long post about death that was posted I have a question that I would like to ask about

The resurrection of the Just and Unjust
Is it seperated by 1,000 years ?

Because when I read it from my Bible that is what It says
if I read it right .

well Im sorry I become intrigued and now I have another question that I am needing to ask :smiley50:

uuhm what is called the marriage super of the lamb is that something that will be at the same time the Judgment seat of Christ Jesus ?
I mean that it will take place ?
At the same time ?

will some one tell me about that part ?

I may not be asking this question in the right place
if not
where on board may I ?

:jesus-sign: is ALIVE , He was ascended and HE LIVES
he went to the right hand of OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN
those who accept HIM , have there name written in the LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE , Jesus said be faithful unto death and I will give you a crown of life . We dont have to be afraid of death , did you know that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord ?

The greatest decision in all of OUR LIFE is where will we spend eternity ? God the heavenly creator made us in HIS IMAGE and did you know that he also made a perfect plan for us after we die ? God has prepared a place for us

My dearest one. To say that you are lost is correct. The fact is, the entire human race is lost in sin. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. In our natural condition, we can not enjoy a relationship with God or have any hope of heaven. Nothing, including religion can remedy our situation. That's the sad news. The great news however is this. It's not about religion, it's about relationship. God loved you and I so much that He sent His only begotten Son to suffer, bleed and die in your place and mine. He stood guilty for you and took all the punishment that you deserve. By simply confessing your sin to God and asking for His forgiveness and cleansing, accepting that sacrificial death of Jesus for yourself and inviting Him into your heart and life. You will be saved by grace ! Made clean and whole before God. You will be born again into God's family, enjoying a fellowship relationship with Him with the eternal hope of glory and a home in heaven.
I pray that this helps you.

Pastor Glenn

Back