Imaginary Friend?

Imaginary Friend?

So I was thinking about a time when I was young that I will never forget.

Anyways when I was about 10-13 years old (I'm 16 now.), as crazy as it sounds, I remember always feeling this presence, this thing, always next to me. I never felt lonely, like an invisible person was next to me. Its really hard to explain.

I remember I used to ask stuff to this "invisible person" (Not verbally, I used to "ask" him in my mind. With the exact feeling of talking to a person but with your mouth shut and no sound is coming out.) Funnily enough, I once remember going to buy some water and asked the invisible person if he wanted anything. :p And I actually got back the feeling that I got a response that I liked.

On the other hand, I also remember that when doing bad stuff, this person would "jump out and argue" against my actions, surprisingly I listened to him and stop. And when I did good stuff I felt happy and he felt happy with me. :confused:

Then came that day where I went to buy a video game. Unfortunatly, I had baught the most "evil" - so to say, game of that time. (GTA Vice City for any gamers here.) It was an adult game with extreme adult gaming.

After I baught that game, this invisible person suddenly....vanished. :(
I still remember returning the game, trying to get the invisible person back, but he never did come back. And to this day I actually miss him, sometimes to the point where I would be on the brink of crying, just to have him back.

Now I know this sounds crazy. "Lol you were young thats just your imagination!" "You are just overreacting!" "You are mad!" But please trust me when I tell that I actually felt that way, I also once thought that God was the "invisible person" and right now thats what I'm thinking.

So what do you think? Am I just another clown?

Hello Tick!

You know, it might have really been God. You never know. This, to me, doesn't sound like just any imaginary friend, y'know? But it's hard for me to say anything because I haven't had a first hand experience of what happened to you.

People don't believe me when I tell them about the things that happen to me (and frequently still do!), and tell me it's just my imagination or I'm being crazy. You know you're not crazy, and I know I'm not crazy either.

Whatever it was, you'll one day understand. Just be careful when you try and figure it out yourself - sometimes you get twisted up in things that can hurt you or confuse you further.

God bless you!

With love,
NTG

So I was thinking about a time when I was young that I will never forget.

Anyways when I was about 10-13 years old (I'm 16 now.), as crazy as it sounds, I remember always feeling this presence, this thing, always next to me. I never felt lonely, like an invisible person was next to me. Its really hard to explain.

I remember I used to ask stuff to this "invisible person" (Not verbally, I used to "ask" him in my mind. With the exact feeling of talking to a person but with your mouth shut and no sound is coming out.) Funnily enough, I once remember going to buy some water and asked the invisible person if he wanted anything. :p And I actually got back the feeling that I got a response that I liked.

On the other hand, I also remember that when doing bad stuff, this person would "jump out and argue" against my actions, surprisingly I listened to him and stop. And when I did good stuff I felt happy and he felt happy with me. :confused:

Then came that day where I went to buy a video game. Unfortunatly, I had baught the most "evil" - so to say, game of that time. (GTA Vice City for any gamers here.) It was an adult game with extreme adult gaming.

After I baught that game, this invisible person suddenly....vanished. :(
I still remember returning the game, trying to get the invisible person back, but he never did come back. And to this day I actually miss him, sometimes to the point where I would be on the brink of crying, just to have him back.

Now I know this sounds crazy. "Lol you were young thats just your imagination!" "You are just overreacting!" "You are mad!" But please trust me when I tell that I actually felt that way, I also once thought that God was the "invisible person" and right now thats what I'm thinking.

So what do you think? Am I just another clown?

Either way, He's with you now. Live by the truth, not by feelings. When you go to do something you know is wrong, that knowledge of have of wrong and right is in you from God, and it's Him jumping out and 'arguing' with you not to do it. It's true. You may not have the same feeling, but trust Him still brother. I can't say for sure if this was a spiritual thing, or a mind game, or even whether it was God or Satan, but perhaps that experience was something He blessed you with, don't fret about not feeling the way you used to. Seek Him and He'll take you into greater, better things.

Nice to know that people understand. A big thanks from the bottom of my heart. =)

Well even if I'll never get that feeling back, I'll always know that God is right besides everytime, 24/7. Thinking about this experiance makes me all warm inside, in a good way. ^^

Back