Imperfect Faith

Imperfect Faith

This might've been presented and discussed before-

How can an unsaved person's imperfect faith attain them salvation?

I don't agree that an unsaved person's faith is necessarily imperfect. A child has perfect faith because he has just come from Heaven. Right? It has not become imperfect, just undefiled.

An unsaved person calls out to God for salvation in perfect faith for the first time. Does that make sense? It may be his last perfect faith. No prior experience to jade it. :pray:

I understand your question but in my opinion we need to remember two things.
Even our faith is a gift from God. God does not give imperfect gifts.

(ISV) For by the grace given to me I ask every one of you not to think of yourself more highly than you should think, rather to think of yourself with sober judgment on the measure of faith that God has assigned each of you.

(KJV) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

(LITV) For through the grace which is given to me, I say to everyone being among you, not to have high thoughts beyond what is right to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God divided a measure of faith to each.

(MKJV) For I say, through the grace given to me, to every one who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think. But set your mind to be right-minded, even as God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Then let us remember it is the faith of Christ. (No I do not fully understand this.)

(KJV) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
(LITV) even the righteousness of God through faith of Jesus Christ toward all and upon all those believing; for there is no difference,
(MKJV) even the righteousness of God through the faith of Jesus Christ, toward all and upon all those who believe. For there is no difference,

As Sylvanus has said it is by His grace- His umerited favour we are saved.
As Housesitter has said faith is a gift from GOd and no man earns that gift but instead it must be gracefullty received.

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

The lost soul and the Christian have this in common; niether is worthy or can possibly performa an act to make himself worhty. It is truly about the great God who lovingly shows mercy.

very true i looked up to God a lot and talked to God a lot so had faith,but i was in the world.with Gods grace i was saved and shown goodness.even though i nearly went mad i understand.

"A child has perfect faith because he has just come from Heaven."- Huh? Were is that in scripture?

"You attain salvation through the grace of God, and with God, ALL things are possible"- AMEN! but were does our imperfect faith come in?

"Even our faith is a gift from God"- Where's our relationship with God?

Jesus was accepted ONLY because He was perfect- now God accepts us on His perfect sacrifice- but if we don't believe in Him fully, aka have imperfect faith, which is all an unsaved person can have since nothing good cn come from one unsaved, then how are we/can we be saved?

"A child has perfect faith because he has just come from Heaven."- Huh? Were is that in scripture?

Well I am not sure about just coming from heaven but it is this child like type of absolute dependance and trust that God loves to see in us .
Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

"You attain salvation through the grace of God, and with God, ALL things are possible"- AMEN! but were does our imperfect faith come in?
"Even our faith is a gift from God"- Where's our relationship with God?

Our relationship is that of a son. Our righteousness is that of Christ Himself, He is our wisdom, our sanctification and our redemption .All these were purchased by His sacrifice and we walk this life by faith.

Jesus was accepted ONLY because He was perfect- now God accepts us on His perfect sacrifice- but if we don't believe in Him fully, aka have imperfect faith, which is all an unsaved person can have since nothing good cn come from one unsaved, then how are we/can we be saved?

In my flesh dwells no good thing. I cannot acomplish salvation that is why Christ came. I put on His righteousnes, He put on my sin. He is perfect and in Christ I put on that perfection. This is my salvation. While it is impossible for this old man to do anything perfectly I can as I walk in the Spirit experience the manifestation of the new man imparted at the new birth.
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Many blessings on your day, your brother Larry

I meant were is it in scripture that a child is perfect since it just came from heaven? Sure, childlike faith is good, but Mt 18 has nothing to say about a child being perfect because it just came from heaven (and please accept my apology, Honeybare and anyone else, if it seems I've come across as rude- I'm told this a lot, but I never mean it this way).

"...and we walk this life by faith." - And the faith we have as an unbeliever is an abomination to God seeing as nothing good can come from an unbeliever. By this line, "While it is impossible for this old man to do anything perfectly", you admit your faith in Christ when you first believed was imperfect. So how does an imperfect faith save you?

Our "imperfect faith" is in a perfect Savior. That's pretty much the long and short of it. Our faith does not attain salvation, rather it is our response to Jesus's offer of salvation. God initiates, we respond, therefore we do not have to come up with a perfect expression of faith to receive from Him whether for salvation or any time after. A boy's few loaves and fishes were taken by Jesus to feed thousands. It was not the adequacy of the food which was offered, but the power of Jesus who took what was offered it and made it more than adequate. It is not the faith that saves, but the object of that faith, Jesus Christ, who saves.

Our "imperfect faith" is in a perfect Savior. That's pretty much the long and short of it. Our faith does not attain salvation, rather it is our response to Jesus's offer of salvation. God initiates, we respond, therefore we do not have to come up with a perfect expression of faith to receive from Him whether for salvation or any time after. A boy's few loaves and fishes were taken by Jesus to feed thousands. It was not the adequacy of the food which was offered, but the power of Jesus who took what was offered it and made it more than adequate. It is not the faith that saves, but the object of that faith, Jesus Christ, who saves.

Triple Amen brother!:cool:

everywere I've inquired so far seems to tell me thhat God accepts our imperfect belief, aka imperfect faith. Some good verses given to me, besides that few above, are Phil 1:6 and esp. Mk 9:24 (the latter is the kicker).

If we could be perfect we would not have needed a Saviour but alas we cannot.:D

Back