important things ( information ) i need to know in christianity ?

thesaintman

Inactive
know some like eating rules , prayer , confession of sin ,baptize , exorcism ...and the women hood thing. and violence viewpoint and ten commandments ... sexual sin....

what else ?

There are no eating rules. You are allowed to eat whatever you want. Yes, the Old Testament says that you can't but in the New Testament, God sent Jesus to die and that was enough of a sacrifice. You don't need to worry about those anymore. Prayer is a must. You must pray to God because that's your fellowship with him. Confession of sin is a must to become a Christian. Look up the ABCs of Christianity. It'll tell you all you need to know about that. Baptism is not required. The only thing you need is to follow the ABCs of christianity. Baptism is merely just a way of saying that you are saved and cleaned by Jesus Christ. What do you mean by exorcism? Exorcism is what Jesus did and his disciples. Exorcism has nothing to do with Christianity. Unless you mean that when you are saved you are automatically blocked by demons and Satan to come and control you then yes. Exorcism is already in place for Christians. What women hood thing? Could you be more specific? And there are many different ways to look at a violence viewpoint, be more specific on that too. Ten Commandments are what is needed to be follow, but it doesn't decide you being a Christian, merely a good person. Sexual sin is that you must NOT have premarital sex with anyone. That is definitely a sin.

I would say you covered most of it. The only thing you didn't include is devotionals and reading your Bible every day. You also need to go to church and get involved within the church you get into. There is no necessary branch of church you need to go to. I go to a Baptist church but some go to a Methodist or just Ordinary Christian. They have some differences but not enough to waver from the actual point on being a Christian.

Good luck on your walk with Christ.

know some like eating rules , prayer , confession of sin ,baptize , exorcism ...and the women hood thing. and violence viewpoint and ten commandments ... sexual sin....

what else ?
You've just brought up the entire bible. What specifically are you looking for? What scared you here?

what else ?

The entirety of the Bible is about Jesus Christ and why we need him:

Genesis 1-2; God (Through Christ) creates it all
Revelation 21-22; Jesus is coming back to 'renew' the sin filled present Earth.

Everything in between; the history of the earth and man and why we need Christ-the salvation of mankind. The Bible instructs Christians through the Holy Spirit on how to 'get to know God'.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE BIBLE IS THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. I would suggest starting off reading the Gospel of John (My favorite!); especially paying attention to John chapter 3.

Hello TSM,

Being a Christian is about being. From who we are flows what we like and dislike, what we do and don't do. To become a Christian, one must start by knowing who God is. Reading about the life of Jesus as told in the four gospels is a good place to start, but then the rest of the New Testament also provides very important insights about what it means to be a Christian. Also, reading the same books Jesus read (Psalms, Isaiah, Genesis, Johah, Jeremiah and the rest of the Old Testament) will provide bits of understanding about God as you read more and more over the weeks, months and years. My own road from agnosticism to belief in Jesus Christ as my savior started with reading in the Bible that anyone who seeks Him will find Him. Once I read that, I prayed to God that He would make Himself known to me. That started it all.

what else ?

I would hardly say any of those are essential knowledge.

I'd start with the Nicene Creed, which is the summary of Christian beliefs most widely professed by Christians.

This is the theologically essential doctrine. As for how to act, I would say the golden rule, "Do to others as you'd have them do to you."

The most important Commandment: "Love God with all your heart" and "love your neighbor as yourself."

Everything else comes from these.

There are no eating rules. You are allowed to eat whatever you want. Yes, the Old Testament says that you can't but in the New Testament, God sent Jesus to die and that was enough of a sacrifice. You don't need to worry about those anymore. Prayer is a must. You must pray to God because that's your fellowship with him. Confession of sin is a must to become a Christian. Look up the ABCs of Christianity. It'll tell you all you need to know about that. Baptism is not required. The only thing you need is to follow the ABCs of christianity. Baptism is merely just a way of saying that you are saved and cleaned by Jesus Christ. What do you mean by exorcism? Exorcism is what Jesus did and his disciples. Exorcism has nothing to do with Christianity. Unless you mean that when you are saved you are automatically blocked by demons and Satan to come and control you then yes. Exorcism is already in place for Christians. What women hood thing? Could you be more specific? And there are many different ways to look at a violence viewpoint, be more specific on that too. Ten Commandments are what is needed to be follow, but it doesn't decide you being a Christian, merely a good person. Sexual sin is that you must NOT have premarital sex with anyone. That is definitely a sin.

I would say you covered most of it. The only thing you didn't include is devotionals and reading your Bible every day. You also need to go to church and get involved within the church you get into. There is no necessary branch of church you need to go to. I go to a Baptist church but some go to a Methodist or just Ordinary Christian. They have some differences but not enough to waver from the actual point on being a Christian.

Good luck on your walk with Christ.
2 tim 3:16 -17 says all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be made perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works:)

Back