In God We Trust

"In God We Trust" is our national motto and is stamped and printed on our national currency, yet many who speak out in support and belief of these words can quickly find themselves the target of ridicule and disdain. The history of how, "In God We Trust" came to be placed upon our currency, and eventually becoming our national motto is an interesting one for this phrase has not always been on our currency. It began during a time of great unrest and was first introduced during the American Civil War, a time of great division and turmoil within our nation. We once more find ourselves in a nation that in many ways is divided against itself and we seek common ground upon which to stand. The common ground of our past, the ideals and truths that were once shared as a nation are crumbling beneath our feet. Principles built upon the Bible, and upon our Constitution are not as common anymore. Principles of truth such as honesty, fairness, justice, integrity, work, marriage, children and family have changed drastically in recent years and clarity has given way to confusion, as the common ground continues to erode away. War and troubling times led to our national motto, and in these troubling times I believe that many hearts will once more turn unto the Lord to be our defense and our strong refuge. "In God We Trust" remains, for now, our national motto and I pray that this sentiment still beats within many American hearts.

I share a link to the Treasury Department if you would like to read about the history of our national motto.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

"In God We Trust" is our national motto and is stamped and printed on our national currency, yet many who speak out in support and belief of these words can quickly find themselves the target of ridicule and disdain. The history of how, "In God We Trust" came to be placed upon our currency, and eventually becoming our national motto is an interesting one for this phrase has not always been on our currency. It began during a time of great unrest and was first introduced during the American Civil War, a time of great division and turmoil within our nation. We once more find ourselves in a nation that in many ways is divided against itself and we seek common ground upon which to stand. The common ground of our past, the ideals and truths that were once shared as a nation are crumbling beneath our feet. Principles built upon the Bible, and upon our Constitution are not as common anymore. Principles of truth such as honesty, fairness, justice, integrity, work, marriage, children and family have changed drastically in recent years and clarity has given way to confusion, as the common ground continues to erode away. War and troubling times led to our national motto, and in these troubling times I believe that many hearts will once more turn unto the Lord to be our defense and our strong refuge. "In God We Trust" remains, for now, our national motto and I pray that this sentiment still beats within many American hearts.

I share a link to the Treasury Department if you would like to read about the history of our national motto.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

I hope that you are right. I hope that this crisis will cause people to turn to God. Fear of the unknown caused them to seek out God for support.

However, I remember vividly that churches all over America were full after 9-11.......for about 3 weeks. Then when the crisis eased people went right back to what they wanted to do ignoring God and His church.
Fear of the unknown caused them to seek out God for support.

For some people, they only call on God when they are flat of their backs in bed. Once the problem is over and the healing has taken place....
right back to their old self they go.

I hope that you are right. I hope that this crisis will cause people to turn to God. Fear of the unknown caused them to seek out God for support.

However, I remember vividly that churches all over America were full after 9-11.......for about 3 weeks. Then when the crisis eased people went right back to what they wanted to do ignoring God and His church.
Fear of the unknown caused them to seek out God for support.

For some people, they only call on God when they are flat of their backs in bed. Once the problem is over and the healing has taken place....
right back to their old self they go.

I agree that for many change seems to be only temporary. But I feel in many ways that we haven't seen anything yet in regards to events in this world. As times get darker the divide between right and wrong, good and evil, light and dark will grow ever wider and many will have to make a stand. In that time I truly believe there will be a mighty revival.

Thats interesting
In NZ our national anthem is God Defend New Zealand.
Our God is the creator of all and most people have an idea of who He is...although many still don't believe He gave us his only son.

So as Christians we need to make known who He is. Otherwise people will just forget about Him.

In NZ our money has different designs on the coins and the notes, famous NZers, Queen Elizabeth, the Endeavour ship, native birds and plants, maori patterns, tiki, etc.
But as lots of people now use eftpos or electronic money, they aren't looking at the currency so much.

I agree that for many change seems to be only temporary. But I feel in many ways that we haven't seen anything yet in regards to events in this world. As times get darker the divide between right and wrong, good and evil, light and dark will grow ever wider and many will have to make a stand. In that time I truly believe there will be a mighty revival.

I wish that you were correct. I pray with all of my heart that we would see exactly that.

But alas, I just don’t see it in scripture the way it is taught. I’m concerned that we have had a blending of teachings about the End Times and in many cases we have not taken the time to sort them out. I can hardly turn on the tv to a Christian channel and not hear about the great revival that is about to break forth. It sounds good. Who wouldn’t want the world to accept Christ? The problem is that the Bible paints a very different picture.

2 Thessalonians 2:3...….
“Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the Day of the Lord and our being gathered to Him/rapture) will not come unless the apostacy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.”

This verse says that there will be a time where many will fall away from the faith before Christ returns.

Matthew 24:10-12.........
“At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.”

Jesus made it very clear that the opposite of revival will be the norm.

Back