In prayer it is better

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

In prayer it is better

"In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart."

Nothing for Nothing

This proverb contains a deep truth:

"A thing that costs me nothing may nevertheless cost me much,. It may bring me under an obligation to the giver and so cost me more than it is worth. I may have so much trouble in appropriating it and keeping it that I may pay much more for it than the price which should be asked for it. "Nothing for nothing"

Andrew Murray

Thanks, Boanerges.

Moderator Tech Request:

Does anyone else see a line of coding before Boanerges text in Post # 1? If you do, please let me know and I'll have the Administrator look into the situation regarding text formatting. Thanks.

<STRONG><FONT size=4><FONT color=black>

Perhaps it should have [ ] brackets instead of < > arrows ... ?????

`

I am seeing it Pastor Gary. I have noticed that happening a few times lately. I was able to correct the bold on edit but not the font size.

Here is one to think about:

1Ch 21:24 And king David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will indeed buy it for the full price: for I will not take that which is yours for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings without cost.

David was a man after God's own heart and yet he would not carelssly drop an offering in the plate so to speak. His love for God was real and his sacrice was going to be just that- an offering of love. We indeed need to have this same heart in every area of our life- our Lord is worthy of our best-selah.

Back