In That Day

5/21/11: I read Isaiah 12 for my quiet time with the Lord this morning. I learned that “That Day” refers to both the Day of our Salvation (deliverance) and to the Day of Judgment when Jesus Christ comes to judge the earth and its inhabitants. Here we see Christ Jesus as the Savior and deliverer, following the time of judgment.

The Lord had been angry with his people, but now his anger was turned away from them, and so he comforted them with his salvation (deliverance). This speaks, I believe, of both physical and spiritual deliverance (salvation). So, “That Day” has both a negative and a positive aspect to it. On one end, they were under God’s wrath in divine judgment and on the other end, he delivered them from his wrath, and he restored them to himself, both physically and spiritually.

I believe that at the end of time that God/Jesus will judge not only unbelievers, but he will judge (discipline) his adulterous and idolatrous church, but not to destroy her, but to save her out of her adulterous and idolatrous ways, and to deliver her out of her short-sightedness due to her giving way to deception and falling prey to the ways of this world. At this time, I believe, he will revive his church, and from his revived church the gospel will go forth so that many will be saved.

In That Day / An Original Work / May 21, 2011
Based off of Isaiah 12

In that day you will say:
“I will praise You, Lord.
I know You were angry;
anger’s turned away.
God is my salvation;
I’ll trust; not afraid.
The Lord, the Lord, my strength;
the Lord, Lord, my song;
He is my salvation;
Lord, my comforter.”