In the Garden

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

In the Garden

God walked in the garden in the cool of the day.He was not surprised when Adam fell but asked two pointed questions which I have paraphrased below:

Where are thou?

Sure God knew where Adam was. Was He perhaps asking Adam to examine what his disobedience had wrought and where it had brought Him?

Who have you been listening to? God certainly knew that answer as well. Was he causing Adam to reflect on what listening to and giving in to other voices had caused?

There are times in my life when I believe He is asking me those very same questions and i believe there is a real life's lesson to be learned here.

Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Great insight.

Where art thou? maybe ie. Show yourself to me. Come out of hiding. Not like I was terrified of as a child, to be outed and shamed, but because God knows we now have shame. God wanting us to still show ourselves to Him. This is my most difficult challenge in life. Showing myself, letting myself be seen. When it's hard in life, it's also hard with God. I'm sure I am beyond my own awareness, because of how shame blinds myself to me. And what better way to heal shame than to be seen in our shame, by someone as loving as God, and still be loved. Not that there were't/aren't consequences, but God does not shame. That's evil's doing.

Who have you been listening to? maybe ie. Be honest and confess, and,yeah, start learning, start discerning... and be accountable.

Thanks for provoking my thoughts.

I often think of that verse where it says God walked in the garden and think because God is a spirit that it was probably Christ who walked in the garden. Because Christ was there in the beginning of time just the same as the Holy Spirit.

It says in Genesis...." Us " which means three ..... The trinity . The entire Trinity had a role in creation ...Look at John 1: 1-3.... The Son is the powerful Word , not just the Father had a role in creation; the Holy Spirit ( ruah ) " breath " took an active role in the work of creation.

Yeah, I was just reading that in Genesis last night and wondering. Thanks for that perspective. Seems kind of obvious now!

Back