In the tongue .

Michael Collum

Inactive
In the tongue .

Proverbs 18:18-21

18The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.
19A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
20A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

James 1

26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

James 3

1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check. 3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. 16For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. 17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.
My thought today is simply what Jesus said, "out of the multitude of the heart .. the mouth speaks" if you are speaking bad things a lot and being critical a lot . (like take a poll of your thoughts and if they're mostly negative, or just so not Philippians 4:4-9) you need to examine this . it goes a lot deeper than what you think the issue is . Deal with it before it really causes severe spiritual harm to you . get prayed for .

But emulate the wisdom that comes from heaven which is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

Because the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace, the children of God .

May Love bless you all to be all that God has written of you on your hearts .

In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth .

Amen .

-Michael

Sticks and stones, may break your bones, and words do much more damage.

I am humbled and ask my Lord forgiveness, for any words that flew from my mouth that may have hurt or caused harm to anyone.
My God, help me speak words of love, and comfort to bring Glory to the name of Jesus.

Thank you for this post and the way the Holy Spirit has applied it to my heart.

I am humbled and ask my Lord forgiveness, for any words that flew from my mouth that may have hurt or caused harm to anyone.
My God, help me speak words of love, and comfort to bring Glory to the name of Jesus.

Thank you for this post and the way the Holy Spirit has applied it to my heart.

Amen Lindalou .... When we learned all those little saying years ago that our mothers taught us now we come to realize the utter falseness of them . Yes words are so hurtful and damaging and suppress the very heart of the person involved .

I have had the experience in a 20 yr marriage how harmful and debilitating it can place a person to a point where one has no self esteme or self worth ... I thought I was at fault for everything . Thanks be to God , He has restored all of my self worth and more and has liberated me to a life of peace .

Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Amen to that! I never did like the saying with the suggestion that words don't hurt.

Words DO hurt!

Lord, please help me speak words of encouragement; not words that hurt.

pray09.gif
pray09.gif
pray09.gif

I just have to put this quote here as it is so appropriate :

Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Back