Indie bands are better.

Indie bands are better.

Hey guys,

Not sure if you know of any indie bands out there, but the way the music industry is headed, it's starting to look like indie bands are the future.

I just ran across this one band called Cloudchase. They were on Total Axxess, if you guys know what that is. But I love their music.

You should look them up on myspace. They just put out a new album!

Also, there is a band called One Foot Forward, who I'm also a big fan of.

Do you guys know any other indie bands that you like?

How would you describe the music, my friend?

The other day I went to FYE to get some new music and I sampled a lot. They all sounded like Creed. I mean, exactly. Grungy with throaty-dusty vocals. I didn't buy anything. I was thinking...if I wanted Creed, I'd buy Creed.

If Indie is on the way...I welcome it! Whoo-hoo! Bring me something original and fresh.

:)

I'm with you Viva! Unless you're into hearing the same old type of music that fits into the top 40 genre, indie is the way to go!

A band I recently discovered, thanks to my neices is Flyleaf. Not for everyone, but a powerful message in their lyrics, and once you get past the style, and you look into their lyrics, they are obviously born again Christians.

Supernatural:

Her headaches constant, increasing in pain with
each passing day.
She can't even manage to stand on her own it's gotten so bad.

You think in saying there's no use in praying
but still she bows her head
so she can say thank you for just one more day.

Supernatural patience
graces her face
and her voice never raises
all because, of a love, never let go of.
Never let go of...

He has every reason to throw up his fists in the face of his God who let his mother die.
Through all the prayers and tears, she still passed in pain anyway.
You think in saying there's no use in praying
but still he bows his head
so he can say thank you for ending her pain.

Supernatural patience
graces his face
and his voice never raises.
All because, of a love, never let go of.
Never let go of...

He is teaching me
what love really means.

Supernatural patience
graces his face
All because, of a love,
never let go of.

Yes it's supernatural patience.
It graces his face
All because, of a love,
never let go of.
Never let go of...

He is teaching me
what love really means.

Can you guys describe Indie? I'm not familiar with it, but you certainly have my interest and attention now.:) Sounds great!

indie is simply independent bands...not major label.

The problem with many major labels, is that they control too much of what the band puts out. So the creativity is hindered, and the style is muted.

some of my favorite bands are independent...

One Bad Pig
Lust Control
Flyleaf
Grammatrain

They also happen to be hard rock, metal, or grunge. I like all genres, but these guys tell it how it is, and use very creative styles of music to get their message to people who wouldn't normally listen.

Oh yeah! I love flyleaf. Like you said, a lot of people are turned off by their sound, but their music is amazing!

They are actually being played on my local Christian station now!

And I think that these "indie" bands really are where the record labels are heading. I have some friends who are in the management/booking of some artists and they're actually beginning to pick up some indie artists, because they can see where the industry is headed.

Back