Injured Eagle at the Capital - Sign?

Injured bald eagle found in nation’s capital - July 2, 2017

"It was unable to fly and appeared lethargic. It also had labored breathing. ... The Washington Post reported that it’s highly unusual to find an injured bald eagle within the District."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...add722-5f46-11e7-80a2-8c226031ac3f_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...62d148-6006-11e7-a4f7-af34fc1d9d39_story.html

The eagle is the symbol of America. On top of that, to find an injured eagle just before that nation's birthday. It seems too coincidental to dismiss as a coincident.

The east coast of Canada (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etcetera) capture and rehabilitate many injured bald eagles every year. A lot of these birds when they get into city areas usually suffer from window or building strike injuries. It is actually a lot more common than most people realize, however the fact that it should happen in your nation's capital on Independence Day does not seem like the most auspicious of omens (if one wished to interpret this event in this manner).

The real omen would be the follow-up on the bird - did it get rescued, was it rehabilitated and if so, was it successfully released? I would think that if one wanted to see this as an omen, seeing this animal healed back to full health and released back to the wild would be a wonder 'sign'. Unfortunately, a lot of these rehab cases can take a long time - some up to a year.

The east coast of Canada (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etcetera) capture and rehabilitate many injured bald eagles every year. A lot of these birds when they get into city areas usually suffer from window or building strike injuries. It is actually a lot more common than most people realize, however the fact that it should happen in your nation's capital on Independence Day does not seem like the most auspicious of omens (if one wished to interpret this event in this manner).

The real omen would be the follow-up on the bird - did it get rescued, was it rehabilitated and if so, was it successfully released? I would think that if one wanted to see this as an omen, seeing this animal healed back to full health and released back to the wild would be a wonder 'sign'. Unfortunately, a lot of these rehab cases can take a long time - some up to a year.
We shall see... it's on it's way to a facility in Delaware I think.

Injured bald eagle found in nation’s capital - July 2, 2017

"It was unable to fly and appeared lethargic. It also had labored breathing. ... The Washington Post reported that it’s highly unusual to find an injured bald eagle within the District."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...add722-5f46-11e7-80a2-8c226031ac3f_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...62d148-6006-11e7-a4f7-af34fc1d9d39_story.html

The eagle is the symbol of America. On top of that, to find an injured eagle just before that nation's birthday.
It seems too coincidental to dismiss as a coincident.

Being a birdwatcher and lover of eagles I am glad they could rescue and hopefully treatment will bring this creature back to health. And since it happened where it did when it did it is a wake up call to me and I am reminded of this scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:14.
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (NIV)
Thanks for sharing.

sandpiper >o<

If you are looking for omens I give you two; September 16, 1985 and October 26, 2001. In the fall of 1985 the US Commerce Dept. officially declared that the United States had become a debtor nation. We crossed the point of no return, financially speaking. In the fall of 2001, congress enacted the Patriot Act which began the process of eroding rights guaranteed to citizens in the constitution. We crossed the point of no return, according to our own law.

Regarding the end of the American Empire, I believe the signs are quite prominent and obvious. One does not have to reinterpret the actions of wild animals or consult tea leaves to know the United States is in deep trouble. We've been betrayed by our leaders (of both parties) and now suffer constant pointless war (invented and supported by those same leaders). The American Republic ended in October 2001(*). The American Empire is now a hegemony in decline. The BRIC states are now globally recognized as the rising powers.

America is now a fascist police state. Our nation has crossed the Rubicon. There is no way back.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) AMERICAN CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC - by act of congress [May 29, 1790 - October 26, 2001] The state of Rhode Island was the last to ratify the constitution thus making it the Highest Law of the land. Congress deratified constitutional guarantees of liberty (Bill of Rights) when the Patriot Act was passed in the fall of 2001. Subsequent to this act, various additional laws and judicial precedent further eroded restraint of government upon citizens. It is important to note that the majority of constitutional changes were at the Federal level. These changes progressively removed restraints upon government at the expense of personal liberty and privacy.

Back