Instances When The Heaven Opened

Daniels

Inactive
Instances When The Heaven Opened

INSTANCES WHEN THE HEAVEN OPENED

Short Description
JOHN 1:51 When we pray to God, He will open the heaven. In scriptures, there were many instances when the heaven opened. They are....

Detail

1.WHEN WE OBEY GOD'S COMMANDMENTS: (MATT 3:16)
When Jesus took baptism, heaven was opened to Him. This was because He obeyed the commandment of God. Everyone should take baptism. So, when we obey His commandment heaven will open. We should obey to His words just like that. So, the key to open the Heaven is with us.

2. WHEN OUR FUTURE BECOMES A GREAT QUESTION MARK: (GEN 28: 17, 11, 13)
When Jacob ran away from his family, he was alone and was filled with worries. He felt dejected. His future become a great question mark. At this moment, the heaven opened to him and that is why he says that the place is the gate of heaven. This encouraged Jacob. Similarly, when we feel dejected or when we does not know what is going to happen in the future, the heaven will open. When heaven opened to him, God gave him a promise. Similarly, He will give us His great promises.

3. WHEN WE ARE TORTURED FOR CHRIST'S SAKE: (ACTS 7: 56, 54, 55)
Stephen was a great apostle of Christ. He did many things for Christ's sake. People came to murder him. At that moment, he was filled with Holy spirit and he saw the heavenly vision. In the same way, when we suffer for His sake, Holy Spirit will fill us. We will see God opening the heaven above us.

4. WHEN WE LISTEN TO HIS VOICE: (DEU 28: 12, 2)
Heaven signifies a great treasure. when we listen to His voice, He will open His treasure. This point signifies the financial blessing. Hereafter we will not borrow money but we will lent our money.

5. WHEN WE GIVE TO GOD: (MATT 3:10)
In this verse, God asks us to test Him by giving our tithes to Him. When we do so He will return in hundred folds. We have to give tithes with a great joyful heart.

6. WHEN HE WANTS TO TEACH US: (ACTS 10: 11)
Heaven opened to Peter to show a vision which taught him the gospel is not only meant for Jews but also for gentiles. Here, heaven opened to tell us that we should spread the gospel across the world. Only for this purpose God has chosen us.

I'm sorry, but I have not heard this phrase, "the heavens opened up." Tell me, is it a figure of speech that just means we see things more clearly? Or when this happened in Bible times, did the heavens literally open up so that Heaven could be seen or you could see a vision?

in my opinion sweetsurrender, it is a bit of both. John saw heaven open in Revelation. I think it wouod be neat to see that. This is a good discussion!

Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
:)

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Back