interfiath marriage question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I got married under the condition that she'd convert. She was raised muslim and was willing to convert. She says she thinks both faiths would be ok with her. She's basically neutral. Generally I don't really care if she really does think islam is a viable faith for her. My issue was just as far as a family I didn't really want to come up with issues later on. My issue is my parents don't like it and think she will revert to being muslim but I trust her I mean I don't think she's trying to trick me or anything I would not have married her I thought that. Anyhow advice?

Staff Memo: Forum Rule 3.2d reminder: "Due to liability concerns, CFS does not, under any circumstances, allow the posting of professional, clinical or psychological advice for members. This is especially enforced in the "Personal" posting areas. Anyone who offers professional, clinical or psychological advice may face warnings or banning from CFS and all posts will be removed. Even those persons who are licensed psychologists or therapists MAY NOT offer professional advice at the CFS Forum or by way of Private Messaging. The staff at CFS recommends that members who need answers should meet with a licensed and insured local Christian Consultant in your home area."

[Members may, however, offer prayer for persons dealing with relationship issues.]

Greetings Nick1993 ,

Please understand I mean no disrespect at all with this reply. I am however going to be totally straight forward do to the seriousness of your situation.

Let's look at scripture
2 Corinthians 6:14

Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

As one can see it does not say, unless otherwise one promises to change or become a believer.

No Sir, you did this on your own.
It was your desire and will and or choice.
Now you have to deal with this.

Seeking advice from people is pretty foolish when as a born again believer, all that matters is what the Author of this scriptures says.

Man, you need to spend some serious time seeking God and following His desires. He is the only one who matters.

Seems like you are more concerned with what your family thinks then your wife's spiritual wellbeing.

I figure you must be a born again Christian since you came here.
Repent and draw close to God and find out how He wants you to handle this.

Put your wife's spiritual wellbeing far above what any family member feels.

We will be lifting all this up in prayer but the bottom line is all up to you.
Blessings
FCJ

My wife and I got married under the condition that she'd convert. She was raised muslim and was willing to convert. She says she thinks both faiths would be ok with her. She's basically neutral. Generally I don't really care if she really does think islam is a viable faith for her. My issue was just as far as a family I didn't really want to come up with issues later on. My issue is my parents don't like it and think she will revert to being muslim but I trust her I mean I don't think she's trying to trick me or anything I would not have married her I thought that. Anyhow advice?

As spiritual head of your house it is your responsibility to speak the Word over your wife.

The Bible says that a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife. (Matthew 19:5)

It's you and her together now. I pray that you start washing her with the water of the Word (eph 5:26), and the two of you begin to seek the Lord together. This will bring harmony into your relationship and bring your parents peace. Always put God first above everyone and everything. He will always steer you in the right direction.

God bless you and your family... your certainly in our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back