Into the Hall

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Into the Hall

I'll come into your room only 'cause I gave up on mine,
Left it in neglect in search of a better line.
It's interesting, the scribbles on your wall
Pinned in pride due to the Fall;
children, have they yet found their way into the hall?

Matthew 18:3 (KJV) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:3 to me is a very instructive verse.
What qualities are being referred to?
Young children don't yet possess analytical skills - believe all things...
Perhaps this makes them better candidates to receive from the Holy Spirit for we know that God's ways are higher than our and yet we try to pilot according to our thinking.
For interest sake - what are your earliest recollections in life, and what can you recall about your world view that would be applicable to this concept???

To add fuel to the fire.
Do you think reasoning is an absolute or a creation - for this dimension that we live in?
For lucifer used it as a tool when he viewed God's creation.
Does reasoning exist in perfection?

For interest sake - what are your earliest recollections in life, anwas sd what can you recall about your world view that would be applicable to this concept???
Hi 2404 (an interesting Nick in and of itself).
The poem has more to do with my struggle once I became a Christian.
I was slowly drawn away from God's Word to seeking the 'true faith/denomination' in man's compartments. Going from 'room to room' was descriptive of that search.

Last edited:
To add fuel to the fire.
Do you think reasoning is an absolute or a creation - for this dimension that we live in?
I'm terrible at reasoning, so whatever answer I give you, will probably be with wrong reasoning. lol
Are you asking, does God reason? I would ask does He need to? So it may be part of this creation.
In any case, I hold that the weakest of God's revelation is mightier than the greatest reasoned argument of man and that's sort of where I was going with the 'children in the hall'.

Hello Crossnote
I like your thinking - I find some of it is a real spring board.

Lol on me - are there any philosophers out there?
What is it called 'using a concept to measure its self??? ie 'reasoning'

Into the Hall

I'll come into your room only 'cause I gave up on mine,
Left it in neglect in search of a better line.
It's interesting, the scribbles on your wall
Pinned in pride due to the Fall;
children, have they yet found their way into the hall?

Matthew 18:3 (KJV) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:3 to me is a very instructive verse.
What qualities are being referred to?
Young children don't yet possess analytical skills - believe all things...
Perhaps this makes them better candidates to receive from the Holy Spirit for we know that God's ways are higher than our and yet we try to pilot according to our thinking.
For interest sake - what are your earliest recollections in life, and what can you recall about your world view that would be applicable to this concept???
To add fuel to the fire.

Hello crossnote;

Into The Hall
hit the nail on the head. We have been extremely busy with our recent church anniversary and our new pastor and wife visiting from Canada. After a wonderful worship service yesterday my message kind of leaned toward Into The Hall and a young member wanted to speak privately with my wife and me afterward.

She confessed she is overwhelmed with the "many halls" she is dealing with but the one hall that matters the most is missing. After we prayed we hope she will give this some serious thought when we get back to her.

Thank you for sharing, brother.

Hello 2404;

It's always good to read your posts and open discussions. I was a happy child growing up playing with tinker toys, lincoln logs, marbles and building forts in the forest, being a kid! At church and children's Sunday school what I remembered the most was about Jesus' Love, forgiveness and obeying our parents.

The forgiveness played a huge part. During the 4th grade, we were playing war with the boys and girls during lunch recess. I pretended I was going to punch a guy in the face but couldn't hold back my fist, then realized it was a girl. After recess I was called into a classroom with the teacher and about 4 girls. We were going to talk about what happened but when I looked at the one girl that I punched, I told her I was wrong and apologized. After the meeting I remember they called me by my first name when we said goodbye. I felt they forgave me.

I was mischievous as a boy didn't give much thought to anything analytical.

2404, as far as reasoning, absolute, dimension, I don't give thought to that regarding God's creation and perfection. I feel people have enough on their minds just with obedience and following Christ. Following Christ like these little ones gives us better grounding and profoundly reveals God's affection for us.

As far as Lucifer, whatever God created, the evil one would still devise any tool and measure to turn us against our Lord and Savior.

God bless you both and your families.

I'm terrible at reasoning, so whatever answer I give you, will probably be with wrong reasoning. lol
Are you asking, does God reason? I would ask does He need to? So it may be part of this creation.
In any case, I hold that the weakest of God's revelation is mightier than the greatest reasoned argument of man and that's sort of where I was going with the 'children in the hall'.
I appreciate your thought - because God doesn't need to reason it must be part of creation - that sounds good to me - May God continue to bless you...

Fits beautifully in with the commandment 'not to lean on our own understanding'
Creation trying to decern the Creator -lol.

Back