Introducing Me

So, I'm sure there is absolutely no point in telling you lot that I'm new to this forum because it's probably pretty obvious at this point. I am, after all, writing an introductory post in the New Members Area.

I might even know a few of you, though I don't see any names I recognize yet. I've been a part of a few other forums, but they are long closed down now which is why I've been hunting for a new one.

I'm not really sure what you all want to know about me, so I'll give you something to work with, and if you want to know, feel free to ask :)

Let's see now...

Well, I'm female, if my ridiculously girly avatar didn't give that away. I'm 28 and I live in western Canada.

I love animals, though for the first time in my life I don't have any pets. That being said, you may notice me talking on occasion about my dog and two cats. They actually belong to my mum and dad who live a mere 5 minute drive away. I still tend to consider them mine at times, and they seem to think so too.

You'll probably find me around this forum more often in the summer as I have more free time then. My job is a bit seasonal. I work in a rink all year round, but it is definitely more active come winter time. It's possibly the best job out there, I love getting up and going to work in the mornings.

I spend most of my free time writing. I love to write: novels, poetry, short stories, emails, letters... and if I'm stuck for ideas, I'll just write out lists or the alphabet over and over... Just so long as I have a pen in my hand, I'm happy. And when my hand starts to cramp up, I just write with the other. I have a good friend who lives much to far away (she's from Germany, we've met in person a couple times when she came out here for vacation) and we write stories together via email.

I also love to skate, dance, read and travel. My favourite author is Ted Dekker, my favourite movie is probably Timeline (but I'm also a huge fan of stuff like The Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, Anastasia, The Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast etc.) As far as TV shows go, I love Primeval, The Amazing Race and Battle of the Blades... But I don't actually have cable TV so I rarely get to watch that kind of stuff... just figured listing my favourites lets you in on my personality a bit. While we're on the subject, my favourite colour is green. Note the avatar.

I'm more than likely the last person alive without a cellphone yet.

Oh, and I love the Olympic Games, both summer and winter, with my favourite sports being figure skating, diving, triathlon, and ice hockey... and all the rest.

Okay, I'm single and not looking. Never really had an urge to get married... I do want kids though. It's been my desire to adopt a boy and girl since I was 7. God says he'll help me if I name my future son Lazarus. I'd been planning on a different name, but who am I to argue? Lazarus it is.

I have two younger siblings (one sister, one brother) who live nearby (with my parents).

I don't have any big "Wow" moment as far as a testamony or "Coming to Christ" moment goes. My parents started going to church when I was a mere one-year-old and I don't remember ever not believing. It seems most people have that "rough time with my faith in high school but God called me back to him" type moments, but there's nothing really interesting there with me. The older I got, the closer I drew to Christ. He's answered far too many of my prayers and questions for me to ever have doubted and the relationship keeps on growing.

And now I just spilled water all over my keyboard, so I guess that's my cue to leave this ridiculously long introduction at that and go clean up. Oops. Nice to meet you all!

Hahahahahaha, the end of your introduction is hilarious. I, for one, am very excited to get to know you! You sound like a funny girl! Or should I say "Woman" since you are 28....:p

I think your whole introduction was the digity bomb! :D

Have a wonderful time here! We cannot wait to get to know you!

Katie

Hahahahahaha, the end of your introduction is hilarious. I, for one, am very excited to get to know you! You sound like a funny girl! Or should I say "Woman" since you are 28....:p

I think your whole introduction was the digity bomb! :D

Have a wonderful time here! We cannot wait to get to know you!

Katie

Thanks! And I appreciate the quick welcome :) Let's me know this board is active, which is what I was looking for in my forum hunting. I've been reading some of the posts, and I know I'll feel right at home here.

PS: I think using the phrase "digity bomb" is pretty "digity bomb" itself haha!

PPS: I'm happy to say that there was no permanent damage done to the keyboard.

Thanks! And I appreciate the quick welcome :) Let's me know this board is active, which is what I was looking for in my forum hunting. I've been reading some of the posts, and I know I'll feel right at home here.

PS: I think using the phrase "digity bomb" is pretty "digity bomb" itself haha!

PPS: I'm happy to say that there was no permanent damage done to the keyboard.
Lol, I never use that phrase. That was the first time I used the phrase "digity bomb." I do not know why I don't use it more often :p

And I'm glad that your keyboard is a-okay!

G'day Cehsja,

Greetings from down under!!!
Its great to have you aboard & was nice reading that whole intro about yourself.. :) Feel free to make yourself at home ...

God Bless
Jake

As soon as I logged on here today I sensed a disturbance in the force. :D Then I saw it was just you making yourself at home, so I put away my light saber. Welcome to our humble abode!

Welcome-43.gif
Cehsja to CFS. Hey GOD TY for another joker, Amen
Nice intro sis. haven't seen 1 like that in a very long time
let me throw n extra chili on the grill 4 ya
000108.png

which 1 would you like? I got plenty, God provides them 4 me n I like to share. Heheheheheheeh Make ur self at home sis

Chili out.

What is a digity bomb? :confused:

Not a clue LOL!

As soon as I logged on here today I sensed a disturbance in the force. :D Then I saw it was just you making yourself at home, so I put away my light saber. Welcome to our humble abode!

LOL! Nice to meet you... light saber and all :D

Cehsja to CFS. Hey GOD TY for another joker, Amen
Nice intro sis. haven't seen 1 like that in a very long time
let me throw n extra chili on the grill 4 ya

which 1 would you like? I got plenty, God provides them 4 me n I like to share. Heheheheheheeh Make ur self at home sis

Chili out.

I may pass on the Chili today, but thanks for the generous offer lol!

So great to meet you all :)

Back