Introduction ...

Introduction ...

Greetings in Jesus Name!

I am just another brother in Christ who is seeking to discuss scripture with other believers, to encourage and be encouraged; to help and be helped; as iron sharpens iron. I have known the Lord since 1972, but have not always followed His lead. It was not until a few years back that I finally gave up the world and decided to become a disciple of Christ, knowing all to well that through following Him, the Holy Spirit would change me in His time. I realized that when I only give Him, let say, 50%, then that is all He has to work with, so I continuously try to hear His direction so I can lay down more of my life to Him.

Even though I understand why there are denominations, I do not like the division of His Body. I attend church from Pentecostals to Baptists to Nondenominational, taking what has been said home and searching scripture to see if it is true or not.

One of my ministries is being a chat administrator of another Christian web site. Another is being part of a homeless outreach. I also use the physical gifts He has bestowed on me to help others who can not afford to pay for a professional to do the work that needs to be done, which is basic carpentry, sheet rocking and painting.

I am a father of 5 children, ranging from 37 years old to 29 years old. I am also a grandfather of 4, three already born and another on the way, to arrive soon! Their ages are 8, 7, 3, and 6 months.

For outside fun, I climb cliffs, both sport and traditional, ride the trails on my mtn. bike and hike. For inside fun I do puzzles, enjoy movies and chatting on the computer. Because I spend a lot of time in chat, I may not join the chat here, but spend time in the forums. Every now and then, I pick up my guitar and pluck a couple of songs, but not as much as I use to.

If there is anything else you would like to know about me, feel free to ask ... I have nothing to hide.

Welcome to CFS and we are glad that you took the time to locate us and to register.

Blessings,

`

It was not until a few years back that I finally gave up the world and decided to become a disciple of Christ, knowing all to well that through following Him, the Holy Spirit would change me in His time.
Yay :) That's what I did in September, and the Holy Spirit has been transforming me. It feels so good! I'm finally letting go of bitterness :D Which was a big thing in my life a year ago!
God is good and I'm so glad you finally decided to become a disciple for him! Let's not be lukewarm Christians, but let's be on fire for Jesus!

Welcome :)
If you need any help, please ask any of us!!!!!!
We are so glad that you're here.

Thank you all for the kind welcoming. I do hope to be able to contribute in a way that brings honor and glory to God.

I do have some question though. I am not able to view anyone's profile yet. Is there certain criteria that needs to be fulfilled before I can do so? The example of what I am talking about is I tried to send a PM to xspinningisfun, a "helper", to ask questions and I am informed the following:

Christian Forum Site Message

OneLight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I get the same message when I click on "My Profile" on the above menu. Is there a thread I can be pointed to that explains the different stages of membership?

Welcome to CFS onelight...

I think there is a certain number of posts that you have to post before this facility is opened up to you..

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thank you all for the kind welcoming. I do hope to be able to contribute in a way that brings honor and glory to God.

I do have some question though. I am not able to view anyone's profile yet. Is there certain criteria that needs to be fulfilled before I can do so? The example of what I am talking about is I tried to send a PM to xspinningisfun, a "helper", to ask questions and I am informed the following:

Christian Forum Site Message

OneLight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I get the same message when I click on "My Profile" on the above menu. Is there a thread I can be pointed to that explains the different stages of membership?

Try emailing me now! You may have enough posts now :] :] :]
Hope you're enjoying CFS!

[/QUOTE]

Back