Inventions

Post your God inspired inventions here and see if we can make them work.
If have great idea, share it.

My idea is love letterboxes.
They will be special letterboxes just for love letters. I imagine they would be heart shaped or boxes with hearts on them. No junk mail or bills allowed. It will have special compartments. Custom made out of cedar wood.
If you have a love letterbox, people will know you are a christian. :) It is kind of like the Jewish ppl have mezuzahs on their doorposts.

I have had this idea for a while now about setting up a quaint little mailbox at the end of our property by the driveway labelled "Prayermail". Everyone in the neighbourhood would get a small flyer telling them that no matter what they believe, if they have a need that they wish prayer for, simply drop a request, anonymously if they want, into the prayer box, and we as a family will pray about it. I believe it could be a real source of hope for unbelievers, and will lead to relationship and in people coming to Christ, having seen amazing answers to their prayers!

Christians would make them as gifts, not to sell.
Or, if we did make them, any money made from them would go to help people, like habitat for humanity.

Reactions: Juk
No its not. I'm not jewish. That's the truth, I'm not under the old covenant. God didn't swear the covenant to me and my fathers..I don't get blessings and cursings like the israelites did if they followed all 613 commandments, laws and statutes.

I don't know what you trying to say but, I'm not after gain.

the invention is meant make life more joyful, not to make money. I am not a christian in order to get earthly riches.

No its not. I'm not jewish. That's the truth, I'm not under the old covenant. God didn't swear the covenant to me and my fathers..I don't get blessings and cursings like the israelites did if they followed all 613 commandments, laws and statutes.

the invention is meant make life more joyful, not to make money. I am not a christian in order to get earthly riches.
It came across as if you were saying Jews are simply in for the money.
This could offended any Jewish persons here.

I understand this may not have been your intent, however this does read like this.
Remember, typing something and saying something in person can be interpreted differently.

Don't people know that we are Christians by how different we are from others? And if you are looking for a sign, the cross, in my opinion, is the best and most influential one, and the Christian fish comes in second. I also like the idea of a book. I believe that a book is the least controversial symbol of Christianity, because there are some debates on whether the cross is a pagan symbol or not, and those evolutionists have taken the fish symbol and used it to represent evolution. But you cannot go wrong with a book, though others might not recognize it as a Christian symbol.

If you want to understand the very nature of God, just watch him through the Old Covenant. God created a complete statute book of law when he turned a motley bunch of Israelites in to a nation. That law was designed to protect them and to enable them to prosper as individuals and as a nation.

To comprehend the sort of blessings we get from being hidden in the body of Him who was crucified on our behalf, just look at the blessings of Deuteronomy 28. I say blessings because Jesus fulfilled the law and we are entitled to what he is entitled to.
So to dismiss as irrelevant all that Jesus has gained, is surely missing out on experiencing the full abundance of the character of God.
Psalm84v11For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Im not missing out on anything - why do some people misinterpret everything I write on here I dont know.
People seem to assume things they shouldnt like all israelite were jewish well thats wrong because judah was but one tribe of twelve. The old covenant applied to all the tribes not just judah. We are under the new covenant now and it is a better covenant than the old! A citizen of heaven is a much better deal than any earthly riches I would think!!!

I had a lady tell me she once cleaned house for a rich jewish family. But the thing is with all their riches the families children werent that smart and would squander all their riches.
While the health and wealth gospel appeals to the flesh, Jesus often warned how hard it is for a rich man to enter heaven.

Anyway, the post is about inventions, not getting rich. I dont know the inventor of the bicycle, or the safety pin, or the wonder weeder but I dont think these people entertained any idea that it would make them rich. It was a solution to a problem.

Last edited:
Few people really know how or why the industrial revolution happened. Most assume that it happened because James Watt invented a steam engine and Robert Fulton put it in a boat. That is a typical assumption, considering that we Americans are mostly interested in our gadgets. The steam engine has been reinvented and forgotten several times in the last 2,000 years. The first known inventor was an Egyptian named Hero or Heron, and he could not think of any use for it other than to open the doors to a shrine.

The inventions that are unique to the modern period are:
* mass production, invented by Sam Colt to make pistols (1814-1862)
* gonzo marketing, of which Diamond Jim Brady is the most famous example (1856-1917)
* consumer financing, invented by Isaac Singer to sell sewing machines (1811-1875)
* the savings bank, invented by Noah Webster (1758-1843)

Prior to Mr. Webster, the dictionary guy, usury was condemned by almost everybody. Mr. Webster reasoned that it was ok for a man to own part of a business and to receive a portion of the profits, so it must be equally ok to deposit money with a steward who had a talent for investing in successful businesses. The depositor would not actually own a business, but he would have an interest in his steward's dealings and was entitled to be paid for his interest. Prior to that there was no such thing as retirement. People saved what they could of their earnings, or they hoped their children could support them, or they worked until they dropped. The savings bank was an obvious winner, and millions of people deposited their savings to get the benefit of compound interest, thereby providing huge amounts of investment money for new industries such as the recently reinvented steam engine.

Few people really know how or why the industrial revolution happened. Most assume that it happened because James Watt invented a steam engine and Robert Fulton put it in a boat. That is a typical assumption, considering that we Americans are mostly interested in our gadgets. The steam engine has been reinvented and forgotten several times in the last 2,000 years. The first known inventor was an Egyptian named Hero or Heron, and he could not think of any use for it other than to open the doors to a shrine.

The inventions that are unique to the modern period are:
* mass production, invented by Sam Colt to make pistols (1814-1862)
* gonzo marketing, of which Diamond Jim Brady is the most famous example (1856-1917)
* consumer financing, invented by Isaac Singer to sell sewing machines (1811-1875)
* the savings bank, invented by Noah Webster (1758-1843)

Prior to Mr. Webster, the dictionary guy, usury was condemned by almost everybody. Mr. Webster reasoned that it was ok for a man to own part of a business and to receive a portion of the profits, so it must be equally ok to deposit money with a steward who had a talent for investing in successful businesses. The depositor would not actually own a business, but he would have an interest in his steward's dealings and was entitled to be paid for his interest. Prior to that there was no such thing as retirement. People saved what they could of their earnings, or they hoped their children could support them, or they worked until they dropped. The savings bank was an obvious winner, and millions of people deposited their savings to get the benefit of compound interest, thereby providing huge amounts of investment money for new industries such as the recently reinvented steam engine.
Interesting.
I always thought it was Henry Ford who first mass produced the car that was one of the pioneers of the modern industrial age and built all these factories.

Have you ever worked in a factory? I have.
The interesting thing (or actually most boring thing) about factory work is you never make the whole thing. You just make one part over and over.

Interesting.
I always thought it was Henry Ford who first mass produced the car that was one of the pioneers of the modern industrial age and built all these factories.

Have you ever worked in a factory? I have.
The interesting thing (or actually most boring thing) about factory work is you never make the whole thing. You just make one part over and over.

Henry Ford was a biggie, but Sam Colt was first.

Back