Is Baptism Necessary?

God bless you. Just remember you don't have to get yourself together first, just trust God for what he says. When saved you are already perfect in Him (in His Holy Spirit) and it is a lifelong process to put away self more and more and walk in God's Spirit fully. The key is having faith in what God has done for you and made you, not in perfecting your old self. God see's you as righteous because you are in Christ now, not because you do everything correctly.

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20). God sees you through Jesus, that is the new creation. He is not looking at the old sin self that has been buried.

All you need is faith and commitment to that faith in what God has done for you.
I don't know how to thank you for what you just said. You just helped me more than you can imagine. God Bless.

I like how Paul describes the picture of baptism...

Ro 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Wow Gone...you should be good to go....:D
That's what I was thinking as I was typing. It looks like overkill, but I was raised in a Methodist church, one that encouraged a relationship with the church, not our savior Jesus Christ. I came to know Jesus, and realized I didn't when I was a teenager and wanted to be baptized by immersion.

That's what I was thinking as I was typing. It looks like overkill, but I was raised in a Methodist church, one that encouraged a relationship with the church, not our savior Jesus Christ. I came to know Jesus, and realized I didn't when I was a teenager and wanted to be baptized by immersion.
Hey and you can just jump out of that boat at anytime and do it again if you feel the need?...lol I understand what you are saying brother and very glad for you...:D

Well one thing is for sure. Baptism is in the Bible, and Jesus himself was baptized!

I starting believing little under a year ago, and got baptized last month!

It is an act of repentance and confession to everyone around you. A confession that you have been buried and risen with Jesus, and that you believe in him for salvation.

If you go to a church that baptizes, you should sign up!

Back