Is baptism necessary?

Baptism is not necessary for salvation, but because it is a command to the believer to submit to water baptism, we need to obey.

There is the baptism of the Holy Spirit that is subsequent to salvation also, and that is something we simply need to desire and ask for.
My church is doing a baptism session on the 26th. I wanted to get baptized on my birthday though.

My church is doing a baptism session on the 26th. I wanted to get baptized on my birthday though.
Forget all the legalisms. Just know that when you are ready to move your relationship with Christ into obedience, then baptism is what you'll do to enter into it. Remember....when you are ready.....don't get baptised because someone told you to. This is between you and God. Not between you and your church or anybody else. It is a very serious step in your relationship. Do not take it lightly.

Correct.
Baptism by the Holy Spirit is experienced by all who believe on Jesus Christ as their Savior at the moment of salvation, and it is not to be repeated (Romans 8:9). In that baptism believers are identified with Christ as the Head of the Body, and are indwelt by the Spirit (John 4:14; 7:38-39).

The baptism by the Spirit occurs at conversion when the Holy Spirit enters the believing sinner and gives him new life, and makes his body the temple of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). All believers have experienced this once-for-all baptism at the moment of salvation (Romans 8:9).

The presence of the Holy Spirit and His availability for all believers is the norm in the New Testament.

I read where an older gentleman talked about his experience with being baptized with the Holy Spirit. Wow, he was saying that he could feel the presence of the Lord, and as he went back to read the Bible, he had the understanding of what he read, because prior to that he said it all was like giberish.

Thanks for the reminder major!
Blessings to you and your family

Forget all the legalisms. Just know that when you are ready to move your relationship with Christ into obedience, then baptism is what you'll do to enter into it. Remember....when you are ready.....don't get baptised because someone told you to. This is between you and God. Not between you and your church or anybody else. It is a very serious step in your relationship. Do not take it lightly.
No one told me to. I just want to get baptized before it is too late.

I read where an older gentleman talked about his experience with being baptized with the Holy Spirit. Wow, he was saying that he could feel the presence of the Lord, and as he went back to read the Bible, he had the understanding of what he read, because prior to that he said it all was like giberish.

Thanks for the reminder major!
Blessings to you and your family

And may the Lord bless you my sister.

1 Corth. 2:12 tells us that.......
"We have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God".

verse 14 then follows that up with this.........
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritualoly discerned".

Only the Spirit of God can open our hearts so the we as children of God can then understand the Word of God.

Is it always supposed to be an emotional experience? When I truly came to Christ (I was grown up in the religion), I never felt some type of crazy experience. The only crazy experience that I have felt was when God talked to me in a certain, straight forward way. It was an awesome experience and I am thankful to have experienced it twice. But it was not a crying thing.

It is NOT an emotional experience BUT it can be an emotional experience.

Please be careful in believing God spoke to you Juk. IF it was God He would say the same thing that He has already said in His Word lelse it would be a contradiction to His Word.

Reactions: Juk
What is it then?

Being charismatic is merely agreeing with the word of God concerning the wonderful gifts of God given to us by His GRACE.

It is a perverse notion that if one doesn't have one particular gift that one is not saved, and that belief is not part of being charismatic, although many spread that lie for their own reasons.

What is it then?

Juk........
The Charsmatic movement takes its name from the Greek words charis, which is the English transliteration of the Greek word for “grace,” and mata, which is the Greek word meaning “gifts.” Charismata, then, means “grace gifts.”

It emphasizes the manifestations of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as a sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit. These gifts are also known as the biblical “charisms,” or spiritual gifts which supposedly give an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.

The prominent gifts among these “charisms” are speaking in tongues and receiving a word from God. Charismatics hold that the manifestations of the Holy Spirit given to those in the first-century church may still be experienced and practiced today.

It is NOT an emotional experience BUT it can be an emotional experience.

Please be careful in believing God spoke to you Juk. IF it was God He would say the same thing that He has already said in His Word lelse it would be a contradiction to His Word.
The thing about it is that I just KNEW that it was God. There were no doubts.

The thing about it is that I just KNEW that it was God. There were no doubts.

1 Peter 5:8: ...........
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour".

There are many voices that we hear. These voices are from newspapers, the radio, the television, our flesh, our feelings, our emotions, our circumstances, our desires, and from people around us. The world’s voices lead us away from God. The voice of the Bible leads us to God.

Reactions: Juk
Back