Is Chrsitian Living Easy Or Hard?

Waht do you think?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

There are burdens we carry through life. Some of those burdens are our own, others we inherit from whoever we serve. Jesus said that when we choose to serve God, then our burdens will be easy and our yoke light. That doesn't mean our life will suddenly be rainbows and roses, it means that our service with God will not be as difficult because with Love comes Joy, and that comes from God.

Christian living is as hard or easy as you and those around you make it.
That is why there are monasteries, a monastery allows a person to be sperated from the
evil people in the world so that he can work on his own virtue without hassles and distractions.
Those of us living in the world are constantly buffeted by the winds of other peoples sins even if
we have managed to minimize our own, that is what often makes Christian living hard.

Banarenth, hate to nitpick but that would be "yoke" not "yolk".

I have been a people watcher for most of my life but they have become more humorous as i have aged. The Christian life is very, very, simple. Some have fought with me over what I'm about to say but it's true in my observations and applying logic to the scriptures, they bear it out.

Eve sinned because she wanted to be like God. Adam followed her into her sin because he preferred that fine looking woman to following the God that gave her to him. In summary, they were disobedient. Most often disobedience is a direct result of pride and as a people we are prideful! As a result of this observation, coupled with Bible study and prayer, I am learning to be more submissive to my LORD and more rebellious to Satan. Thus, my walk with my Lord is becomming easier.

Back