Is fall fun for kids gone?

Is fall fun for kids gone?

When I was a child my siblings and I loved the fall! OK, we did not love the Saturday raking that seemed to last for hours, but jumping into the leaves, campfires, visiting the apple orchard, fall festivals and state fairs.

Do kids still get to enjoy the fun to the fall season?

We have a huge yard and I'm sorry to say we rarely rake tho' we have many trees!
Why? They are all blown back from somewhere else, the next day!
BUT......when we do, we have fun with our big bonfire, roasting weinies and making smores~

We live down south, but we still have trees that shed their leaves. The kids do have fun raking and playing in the leaf piles. We also go to the pumpkin patch. Our church usually has a fun fall festival that includes bobbing for apples, hay rides, etc. There are always tons of things to do with the kids in the fall.

Ours do. We go to the pumpkin patch every year. We also go on what is called the "Color Drive" in western Illinois-a route with beautiful displays of fall folliage. There are small local festivals along the way we always stop at, and we end up at the "Apple Festival" in the small town my FIL grew up in, with games, craft booths, and lots of really really good food.

My kids are especially lucky because I don't believe in raking leaves outside of making piles to jump into. :)

When I was a child my siblings and I loved the fall! OK, we did not love the Saturday raking that seemed to last for hours, but jumping into the leaves, campfires, visiting the apple orchard, fall festivals and state fairs.

Do kids still get to enjoy the fun to the fall season?

Dear Mark,

May God be with you!

Oh YES!!! We do all of that! And my girls love to rake - at least enough leaves to jump in! and we have leaf fights - OK that means they like to wrestle with me and pour leaves on top of Mama!!!

We are planning several trips to the orchards. Our Catholic school does that every year too! And we have a wonderful Arboretum close by where we hike through the woods too!

I love the smell of bonfires in the fall. We host several ourselves along with the requisite marshmallow roasting etc! My husband is the bonfire king. They tend to be HUGE!

The girls and I like to have one last camp out at home too!

We love fall!

God bless you!

Just a safety reminder for parents of younger children. DO NOT allow your kids to PLAY in the piles of leaves that are placed along the roadways and streets in many communities for city pick-up. Each year, nearly two dozen kids in the US are severely injured or killed by cars and trucks while playing in and around those leaves by the street.

lobby them to change the pick up points.root out the problem never fill peoples minds with nonsense.:jesus-cross:

PG~ Thanks for the reminder.

SC, leaves fall where they may and children can't be seen in them sometimes and should never play near the streets anyway.

Also, always check for ticks after playing in leaves~

Back