Is God Concerned with our every word we speak ?

We having the same spirit of "faith" according as it is written, we believed (faith) there fore have we spoken, we also believe (have faith) and there fore speak. (2 Cor 4:13)
Without speaking there is no such a thing as faith.

Amen! Jesus taught us that we have great power given to us when we with faith speak with His authority.

Matthew 17:20
“Because you have so little faith,” replied Jesus. “I assure you that if you have as much faith as a grain of mustard-seed you can say to this hill, ‘Up you get and move over there!’ and it will move—you will find nothing is impossible.”

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Truth in this is that our words operate in such a manner as this even in our every day life.
Stick around Curtis for the fun is about to begin and scripture backing.
Blessings

Sigh. Who has ever said we go by what we feel?
Sigh I was actually showign that God IS interested with the words we speek and my first reply was to quote the scripture that we will have to give an account of every IDLE word ..... I then proceeded to show what was an idle word and compared that with words that do a work.

and what you should have noticed was the scriptures I was quoting and you have simply confirmed are scriptures that show God is concerned by our words.

What you may have latched on but did not understand was that a man may not be good at articulating what is in his heart .
he should by and by learn to give a good account of the hope that lieth with in him. But as in Prayer when we know not what to pray or even pray well or articulate . The Spirit makes groanings that cannot be uttered and the burden of God on the heart is given expression not with words but with sighs and tears and groanings.

So I think perhaps your post was directed else where for it does not apply to what i said or think or do.

in Christ
gerald

Gerald I will give you that one............However this is not about when we pray........it is about every single word that comes out of our mouths.
Yes sir I did mis-understand what you meant when you said........So let us not kid ourselves that God is not bothered by what we say only what is in our hearts...............
That I apologise for.
Jim

Gerald I will give you that one............However this is not about when we pray........it is about every single word that comes out of our mouths.
Yes sir I did mis-understand what you meant when you said........So let us not kid ourselves that God is not bothered by what we say only what is in our hearts...............
That I apologise for.
Jim

Its not a problem . Consider how easy it is then to misunderstand when we read Gods written word when we do not allow the Lord to correct or repoove us?
I hold to the thought that if God has so much patience with me who am I to get short with others?
Though that too words written here may be misinterpreted . Which is why I much prefer face to face .
Actually the phrase you quoted I did not say .

In Christ
gerald

That I apologise for.
Jim

We do not always use words when we pray . But if you say every single word that comes out of our mouths then that too applies in our praying .
Some peoples praying was foolish God says in that they "prayed amiss"
Some peoples praying is really praying to themselves or their feelings .
Others pray in a ritualistic fashion repeating often the same words and think God hears ?
Some put on a false and unreal 'spiritual' voice that no father on earth would accept .Let alone our father who art in heaven.
Speaking of which we are to pray OUR father .
Not MY father or His Father .
Which at the very least implies our prayers must be not so much (if at all) memememememememememememememe.
But be aware we are part of a BODY and much like the priests of the tabernacle made with hands we are to pray as much if not more for our brethren than for ourselves .

in Christ
gerald

Its not a problem . Consider how easy it is then to misunderstand when we read Gods written word when we do not allow the Lord to correct or repoove us?
I hold to the thought that if God has so much patience with me who am I to get short with others?
Though that too words written here may be misinterpreted . Which is why I much prefer face to face .
Actually the phrase you quoted I did not say .

In Christ
gerald

Yeppers I do so agree with you on this......However if you look in Post number 12 your reply to KJ.........at the end you said the quote....
Blessings

We do not always use words when we pray . But if you say every single word that comes out of our mouths then that too applies in our praying .
Some peoples praying was foolish God says in that they "prayed amiss"
Some peoples praying is really praying to themselves or their feelings .
Others pray in a ritualistic fashion repeating often the same words and think God hears ?
Some put on a false and unreal 'spiritual' voice that no father on earth would accept .Let alone our father who art in heaven.
Speaking of which we are to pray OUR father .
Not MY father or His Father .
Which at the very least implies our prayers must be not so much (if at all) memememememememememememememe.
But be aware we are part of a BODY and much like the priests of the tabernacle made with hands we are to pray as much if not more for our brethren than for ourselves .

in Christ
gerald

I did not say it does not apply to praying........Siply saying not limited to praying but in everything/

What do you mean, "not my Father"??? I pray to my dear, precious Father!
So you full of turkey and pie yet ? ;)
Hey who was this too ? I think I know but I am not going to guess any more in these threads.
Seems every time I think I know what someone means it turns out they thought one thing said another and then claim it was neither. lol I am sure you can identify with that aslonf as you have been around the forum...
Blessings
jim

I want to start a thread on the power of words and how important are our words even unto our faith.

So feel free to jump in and post your thoughts and we will bring in scripture and shine up some truth about the biblical concept on words.....
Thank You and May God bless us all richly with His wisdom as we explore His take on words.
Jim
Death and life is in the tounge, our words have power to bless and curse, to edify, to tear down, the tounge is deadly, so ask God to keep a watch over our mouth, lips and tounge cause once we speak a thing it takes action immediately and what is worse we can't erase it, it's sad but it's a biblical truth. So set a guard on your mouth and think before you speak. Amen.

So you full of turkey and pie yet ? ;)
Hey who was this too ? I think I know but I am not going to guess any more in these threads.
Seems every time I think I know what someone means it turns out they thought one thing said another and then claim it was neither. lol I am sure you can identify with that aslonf as you have been around the forum...
Blessings
jim
Yes...turkey and pumpkin pie! Yum! So thankful to God this Thanksgiving Day.

My reply was to our UK friend, Gerald.

Since an unfortunate post by a member a few months ago, I have been meditating on how a particular word has been used by the enemy to attack one of the greatest sources of spiritual strength (that of Christian marriage).

There are no things too small for God's notice: Matt 10:30
It is by the words of the prophets that we learn about God.
It is by words we communicate with others.
It is by words in our mind that we even think.
No words are truly idle.

As i read and think about your post, i thought i would look up the word idle in the strongs. And it means inactive or lazy. It also in what i have heard means non faith filled.

So while what you have said is correct, there is a deeper meaning that i think God desries for us to grasp. God desires for us to speak faith filled words at all times. Words that keep our whole beings in check (james 3:3) God desires for us to speak words that uplift one another and bless the hearer with grace and peace.

So when we are faced with a situation that seems one way, we should be finding out what God's Word says about it and then get in agreement with what the Word says.

God Bless

Death and life is in the tounge, our words have power to bless and curse, to edify, to tear down, the tounge is deadly, so ask God to keep a watch over our mouth, lips and tounge cause once we speak a thing it takes action immediately and what is worse we can't erase it, it's sad but it's a biblical truth. So set a guard on your mouth and think before you speak. Amen.

I agree with you that we cannot erase it, but we can render it knull and void of action. Just repent and get the Word of God in our mouths to turn it around.

Blessings

Amen Sherry Amen...........Later tonight or when I get up I am going to post this scripture and tear into it. Lots of food to chew on.....then we will move to another scripture and so on....
Good stuff and thank you so very much.
God Bless
Jim

Yes...turkey and pumpkin pie! Yum! So thankful to God this Thanksgiving Day.

My reply was to our UK friend, Gerald.
Yes so much to be thankful for and yes mam pumkin pie. ;)
Well what do you know. I had it right on the reply.....
Thank you and remember.........it is all good tomorrow too. lol
Blessings
Jim

What do you mean, "not my Father"??? I pray to my dear, precious Father!

I was not saying God was not my father .
But when the disciples asked the Lord to teach then to pray . his reply was after this pattern pray . "OUR Father .........."
Quite a different approach to God . Than MY father .

in Christ
gerald

Sorry, but Jesus said, "Our Father", simply because He was teaching a group. The Lord's prayer is a pattern we can use when we pray personally, one on one with God.

Sorry, but Jesus said, "Our Father", simply because He was teaching a group. The Lord's prayer is a pattern we can use when we pray personally, one on one with God.

Are we not called or made to be priests and kings unto God?
of what order of priesthood?
Not of Levi , for I am not of the tribe of Levi and a priesthood of the flesh needs must be of the tribe of Levi to be acceptable to God .
But they were given for our ensamples.
Jesus as it is laid our in Hebrews is our high priest who ever intercedes for us as high priest .
Who speaks on our behalf to God as he speaks to Men on Gods as it were.
The high priest of old had an ephod on his chest or heart ,upon which was the precious stones symbolic of the tribes of Israel.
When he went into the Holy of Holies he therefore aproached God for the people . as well as Himself .
If we are made priests unto God did they not of old, enter into the holy place to administer the things of God also for the people?
To ensure the alter of incense (prayer) was continually lit as a sweet offerign unto God?
Did not Samuel reply to the people of God after ; under God, rebuking them for seeking a king like other nations "that shall I sin to stop praying for you?"
Then I would suggest to you that "OUR father" has more meaning to it than you suppose .
and that when we pray we should as far as it is possible to be in us be aware we are part of a body and when we may with boldness into the presence of God ..
I would still argue that into the Most Holy place only ONE may still enter .
In that it is In Jesus name of the same mind and purpose at its most highest .
For are we not called to climb the hill of the Lord? With tears if needs must if oft with joy and thansk giving.
What do you see as you climb a hill? if not more than you did at the bottom of the hill?
and at the bottom of the hill we see little and only what we see as it were . Nothing wrong with that .
But we have the privilidge to climb the hill of the Lord and become partakers not only of the divine nature but also "co-workers with God" and as we climb we may from time to time stop and rest and look back and their laid out before us in some measure is how God sees things .
and the more we climb the more we see . To pray in Jesus name is not to simply add his name to the end of our prayers .
But it is to see things as God would have us see things and pray accordingly in Jesus name .
To be gathered geographically together in Jesus name does not mean at all that all who are so gathered are of the same mind or see the same things .
In the book of acts they all prayed with ONE voice . meaning of the same mind expressed in prayer .
They were in very truth praying in Jesus name . Beign not only geographically in the same place but in a "unity of the faith" or understanding also .
When Jesus thus taught us to pray after this patter n "OUR father ....." It is more than simply being geographically all in the same place. But to be aware as much as we are able like at the Lords supper of the Lords body.
and thus to pray on our bretherens behalf for him . As much if not more than ourselves.
For what is a brother? If not one of the same household and of the same father .
and what then is a nieghbour if not of another household and of another father .
Are we not then to good to all men expecialy to the household of faith ?
and to love our neighbour as ourselves?
in Christ
gerald

When Peter with his lips declared the heaven sent truth to his heart "Thou art the Son of the living God" Almost in the next breath he became the mouth piece of Satan to which Jesus replied not with words of praise or conformation but with a severe rebuke!

So let us not kid ourselves that God is not bothered by what we say only what is in our hearts .
Man is a tri-part being .
He is concerned with all THREE!

In Christ
gerald

17 Jesus replied,“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood,but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church,and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keysof the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Jesus Predicts His Death
21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23 Jesus turned and said to Peter,“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Yes this passage is interesting. Especially vs 19 and 23.

I do believe we have power to bind and loose. We have God's ears and as we know Moses was able to get God to halt / delay His punishment on those worshipping the golden calf. So scripture definitely points in the direction of God taking our requests seriously. A crystal clear sign of His respect / love / concern for us. He is such a good God.

We just have to ensure that the glory for the power all goes to God. My only gripe is if we somehow propose we have any power. There are Christians that say ''leave sickness'' with no ''in Jesus name''.

Back