Is it a sin?

Is it a sin to want more close fellowship with Christians?

It has always been just my girls, my fiancé and I.

My situation is unique. My girls and I live together and unfortunately because my complex medical conditions require money [accumulates so much - thankfully the government covers most]. I will never be able to get married due to the fact that it is too much for 1 person to handle and be financially responsible for [government would no longer support me and would expect him to take it all on]. He would have to work 3-4 jobs. Just not possible and we have left it in God's hands.

My fiance and I don't live together as it is wrong in God's eyes. We live within a short distance from each other. He works so much [hard physical job - just to keep his roof and bills paid along with helping us in various areas]. He is an amazing Father to my children [not his]. He has been with me through all my complex conditions [from the time I could walk until now needing 24/7 care around the clock]. He has come along way in his walk with God.

My two daughters care for me mostly and the PSWs that come in to relieve them and give them time off.

Going back to fellowship with Christians. Is it wrong to have a brother or sister in Christ to chat with, to share God's Word, to bless one another, maybe even to come over my place and enjoy reading the Bible today or crafts? Oh I desire this so much!

My little family is very much consistent, stable and supportive. But...I would love to have others too ❤️

Is it a sin to want more close fellowship with Christians?
Hello Sister, actually, I believe that a fairly substantial Biblical argument can be made for the opposite being true. For instance, John 13:35-35; Hebrews 3:23, 10:24-25

God never meant for us to try to live this life, the Christian life, apart from other believers. Cain was wrong in his implication .. Genesis 4:9, we are our brothers’ (and sisters’) keepers :)

God bless you!!

—Papa Smurf

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a sin to want more close fellowship with Christians? It has always been just my girls, my fiancé and I. My situation is unique. My girls and I live together and unfortunately because my complex medical conditions require money [accumulates so much - thankfully the government covers most]. I will never be able to get married due to the fact that it is too much for 1 person to handle and be financially responsible for [government would no longer support me and would expect him to take it all on]. He would have to work 3-4 jobs. Just not possible and we have left it in God's hands. My fiance and I don't live together as it is wrong in God's eyes. We live within a short distance from each other. He works so much [hard physical job - just to keep his roof and bills paid along with helping us in various areas]. He is an amazing Father to my children [not his]. He has been with me through all my complex conditions [from the time I could walk until now needing 24/7 care around the clock]. He has come along way in his walk with God. My two daughters care for me mostly and the PSWs that come in to relieve them and give them time off. Going back to fellowship with Christians. Is it wrong to have a brother or sister in Christ to chat with, to share God's Word, to bless one another, maybe even to come over my place and enjoy reading the Bible today or crafts? Oh I desire this so much! My little family is very much consistent, stable and supportive. But...I would love to have others too ❤️

Hello TiC;

First of all, thank you for your honesty. When you prayerfully post your thoughts (in Christ) there are countless other people who are reading from their computer monitor on all 4 corners of the earth. They are being encouraged from reading your posts and others because they have a common ground but are either too self conscious or vulnerable to open up. This is fellowship with other Christians, especially unbelievers.

All 4 corners of the earth? Indeed! I hear from brothers and sisters around the US, Canada, Macedonia, the Philippines, Uganda, Newfoundland, Romania, NW India, etc...who read the forums at CFS. Some are members and some are not.

Whether it's through "live" testimony, in the home, Church facility, on the telephone, or electronics, it is all God's Creation in bringing His children together. Thank you, Jesus!

Only when our connection with other Christians, our ministry and Church become an obsession then this could become idolatry and sinful. Otherwise, our desire to connect with other Christians and our family is healthy, keeping in mind our obsession is God, first.

You and your fiance are blessed to have a relationship and with your daughters. He sounds like a good man and praise God that He has come this far in his faith walk with the Lord. It may seem an impossibility to take the next step but God has anointed your relationship, so won't He take care of the details? I would never interfere with your engagement and I do respect the relationship conditions you both have, the short distance from each other, his hard work and helping you in his capacity, lets also remember you are there for him as well, to witness to him, love him, encourage and believe in him. This goes a long way with your fiance.

Our desire to want more in Christ, our family and Church family is healthy because it's our spiritual growth in serving God.

God bless you, TiC, your daughters and your fiance.

Christ had circles of friends within circles of friends.

There were the multitudes that heard Him preach.

There were close associates like Mary and Martha and their households.

There were the 12 apostles

Within that circle, there were three (Peter, John, James) that He spend greater time and effort

There was one (Peter) into whom he poured as much as He could.

Friends are both a support mechanism and a mission field.

Only when our connection with other Christians, our ministry and Church become an obsession then this could become idolatry and sinful

Hmmm, good point brother.
Approval seeking is one such thing I can think of that I can suffer with sometimes. If someone doesn’t approve of what I do I can become anxious sometimes because of a people pleasin nature.

TransformedinChrist you have recieved great answers and all I can add is that God seems to be nudging you to expand your horizons and will bless you with good friendship through all seasons.

❤️

Back