Is it possible to still go to heaven even if you do nothing with your life?

Like say circumstances or mental illness prevents you from living a decent like. Working and achieving things and moving on in life like everyone else...

But instead you just do nothing or due to life circumstances can't do nothing to better yourself. In just wondering if its a sin to not achieve anything out of life.

Do you think God will let that person in heaven who wasn't able to make something out of their life but still believed. They were educated or had a degree or even a job, or never held a job... Were nothing in the eyes of men nor respected.

Do you think they'd make it?

Like say circumstances or mental illness prevents you from living a decent like. Working and achieving things and moving on in life like everyone else...

But instead you just do nothing or due to life circumstances can't do nothing to better yourself. In just wondering if its a sin to not achieve anything out of life.

Do you think God will let that person in heaven who wasn't able to make something out of their life but still believed. They were educated or had a degree or even a job, or never held a job... Were nothing in the eyes of men nor respected.

Of course. It's not about what you do or don't do on earth, it's if we have faith and trust in God that counts. Jesus did all the work. Think of it this way. We're all in prison, on death row for our sins. Jesus comes and takes our place, the guards come and open the cell doors letting us out. Now, we have a choice, believe and walk out free, or don't believe and die in prison with the cell door open.

That's it really. We have to trust God to help us, heal us, and complete the work He started in us.

I suppose the simple answer is Yes.

But the thing is.. When we're in Christ it is no longer us, but Christ who lives in us. Jesus will not let our lives amount to nothing. He will fulfill the plans He has for us - (not our own plans). Our job is to just submit our will.

What's important is that we're satisfied with His will and we not compare our lives with others. Be faithful in the little and we will be blessed with more. :)

He let barrabas into heaven.

Onestly I suffer with mental illness and haven't done much with my life autumn.
I sometimes look at others and think how blessed they are, and look at others still, and think I'm blessed. It sometimes seems like We are a failure.
Comparison seems to be a human experience. I think of this like the tree of knowing good and evil. Experiencing
What could be good, ( in my imaginations)when looking at other people's life, and what I see as bad( also in my imaginations) but now I've got Holy Spirit reminding me of the scriptures, that say we must cast down imaginations( ideas, beliefs, what we think is true) and that we must look to what is lovely and just, about our lifes( and that of others, ) so we can celebrate the goodness and forgive our flaws
And concentrate on
Our dreams!
Then we get back to heaven were we belong

Aww well maybe they're just Musings from a panda bear

X

I suppose the simple answer is Yes.

But the thing is.. When we're in Christ it is no longer us, but Christ who lives in us. Jesus will not let our lives amount to nothing. He will fulfill the plans He has for us - (not our own plans). Our job is to just submit our will.

What's important is that we're satisfied with His will and we not compare our lives with others. Be faithful in the little and we will be blessed with more. :)

I'm liking what you say
But I'm still struggling with our will verses Gods Will
I have a dream I want to live in a tree house near a river with a fully godly baked guy.
I would like to believe God gave me that dream.
Does God give us our dreams?
Or is this one mine?
How do I even know the difference?
Blessing you to places
C

Yes, for those who accept Jesus and His salvation.

Of course, that doesn't get us off the hook to live our lives according to the gospels. As Jesus has told us:

John 15:12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

We need to remember that in the last we are still to be judged according to our actions.

2 Corinthians 5:10 (NIV) "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."

Adding also I truly believe that, God, in His great mercy, would not expect as much of some as He does others, especially if they are handicapped in some way.

Blessings.. :)

Hello, Autumn Oddity;

You ask good questions regarding life, the what ifs and what not, and how our Wonderful God would respond. I read the posts of Pieces To Peace, Abdicate, Via Dolarossa and Sandpiper, and they truly provide good answers that should bless and uplift you, and all of us.

I also have my questions and comments to God, daily, but without a doubt, God goes beyond our questions and still truly loves all of us who "love Him and seek Him."

Proverbs 8:17, "I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. And in Psalm 29:2, Ascribe to the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in holy array.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Some days we may not feel chipper, but despite, when we choose to rejoice, pray and give thanks to God, IT WORKS! He will help us see "life circumstances" in a new light because our attitude is confident in God. He will see our hearts and know we still believe.

I hope this helps.

God bless you, Autumn Oddity, and your family.

Hi Autumn,
Doing nothing would be a choice of the individual. Kind of like giving up or saying why try because my life is to hard.

Depends on what one calls mental illness and circumstances.
See those things can only hold us back if we allow them too or use them for excuses.

None of the things you mentioned above have any bearing on spending eternity with the Father.

Those things are of the natural or the world and only dictate a worldly view of success.

Rejecting Jesus is what keeps some one out of Heaven nothing more.

God has a plan just for your life. It's totally up to you to not only find out what it is but to actually do it.

This has nothing to do with a nice home, family, wonderful spouse, nice job and good bank account.
These are worldly things and the way the world measures each other.

Blessings
FCJ

Hello, Autumn Oddity;

You ask good questions regarding life, the what ifs and what not, and how our Wonderful God would respond. I read the posts of Pieces To Peace, Abdicate, Via Dolarossa and Sandpiper, and they truly provide good answers that should bless and uplift you, and all of us.

I also have my questions and comments to God, daily, but without a doubt, God goes beyond our questions and still truly loves all of us who "love Him and seek Him."

Proverbs 8:17, "I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. And in Psalm 29:2, Ascribe to the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in holy array.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Some days we may not feel chipper, but despite, when we choose to rejoice, pray and give thanks to God, IT WORKS! He will help us see "life circumstances" in a new light because our attitude is confident in God. He will see our hearts and know we still believe.

I hope this helps.

God bless you, Autumn Oddity, and your family.

Another one of my favorite verses that goes along with yours is...

The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]
John 14:21 ampc

Good thoughts and post our friend

absolutely

we go to heaven because of what Jesus did for us

we don't get what we deserve

we get what Jesus deserves

Jesus deserves heaven and those of us who believe in Him and His death and resurrection to pay for our sins get what Jesus deserves

iow if our sins are wiped out by Jesus then for sure our lack of productivity is not held against us either

God Bless you dear friend

Back