Is it proper for Americans to talk about the gospel in the mosque?

I am from China.It is not allowed to talk about Jesus or the cross in the Islamic mosques,the Buddhist temples or the Taoist temples in China.I want to know whether in the western world,the USA in particular,Christians can talk about the gospel with muslims in the Islamic mosques.
Thx in advance.

There isn't a legal prohibition against it, but I'm not sure that the Mosque would allow it. The only area where it might cause issues is if someone became violent or created a public disturbance of some kind. They could possibly be charged with trespassing depending on how where Mosques fall in the entire "private property" issue. I'm guessing it would be about the same as if someone came to my church and started teaching Islam. They would possibly be asked to leave, or someone would actually sit down and discuss it with them depending on how open they were to discussion.

I do have some friends who regularly meet with a Muslim pastor (sorry, just can't remember what their leaders are called at the moment) and they discuss their beliefs with each other, but I think that is in a neutral area.

I am from China.It is not allowed to talk about Jesus or the cross in the Islamic mosques,the Buddhist temples or the Taoist temples in China.I want to know whether in the western world,the USA in particular,Christians can talk about the gospel with muslims in the Islamic mosques.
Thx in advance.

It is not illegal because we have the freedom of speech in America, BUT it would be very "improper" to do so.

There is not a single Christian church in America that I know of that would allow Muslims to come into their church and talk of Mohammed. Of all people, we as Christians should acknowledge the faith of others by being Christ like and knowing WHEN we can witness for Jesus. To do so openly might be what we want to do, but I can assure you that it would lead to hostility and that is not what Christ wants from us.

Back