Is it wrong for Christians to use energy therapies?

And if we enjoy radio's today we have but to hearken back and remember it was quartz crystals that made that a possibility. Broadcasting on the airwaves.

There's nothing sinful about what is the current of holy spirit that runs through all that exists because that spirit put it there.

God is innate.

Think of it this way... years ago hippies were going on about crystal rocks and how they put off beneficial frequencies. Hogwash right? But granite and uranium are also rocks that give off radiation (a frequency) and some rocks give off deadly radiation like radon. I'm not condoning anything like that, but just as there are various types of wonders in the universe, there are all kinds of things that affect us, we just don't know of them. Think about it, as Christians we're part of eternity and thereby outside of time, to a degree, and we prophesy. Prophecy is just history waiting for time to catch up with it. Moses' visit to meet with God allowed him to meet Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration via Mount Sinai! We do not, nor can we know everything. We must ALL live by faith and to the pure all things are pure, and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. :)

Thus, in my opinion: it (energy pathway) is more of a question of acceptability as far as Science we know…

rather that of a Christian/ theological question of acceptability… unless attributing something good to not supposed to be for…

Man is a machine: lever, ligaments=strings, joints = ball and socket….

Energy pathway as I understand is more on converting food to fuel...

Food is fuel, nutrients travel in blood, circulatory system=plumbing mechanism such as the pipes should be clear of impediments = blood vessels' healthiness…
how food becomes fuel is yet unclear (to me) ..... burnt gasoline as fuel pushes the car piston, that is clear…. but how food to fuel is not yet clear to me...

Tapping the back of the TV during cathode tube days makes the reception clearer… it works....
but tapping a specific part of the body needs more acceptable scientific explanation....
yes: if more on mechanical reasons...
but no or maybe not yet (imo), if in terms are such as similar to acupuncture points...

Why would you go down to Egypt?
In truth why would you seek the beggarly elements of this world and not to God?

In Christ
gerald

In much of the faith vs science debate (which I believe is a false and misleading dichotomy) results in wonderful believers that I respect, cherish and have served the Lord with take what to me is an unreasonable attitude toward the study of the world/universe that the Lord has made.

In discussions concerning the nutritative energy of some fad food, or electrical energy produced by some means say dismissive things like “it is God’s energy that we need”, or we should “study the scriptures” rather than “study the atom”, as if we are unable to do both in a manner that proper for a believer.

When our Lord was tempted with hunger, he did not say that man should not live by bread at all, but that it not bread alone.[ Matt 4:4, Luke 4:4 ]. The works of the universe, whether the existence / nature of dark matter, or the way the body works and may be profitably effected, are things that were made by Him. Just as painters can be understood by studying their works, a greater appreciation and understanding of the Lord can be gained by studying His.

For a scientist who is also a believer, the way is sometimes hard. Many (by no means all) scientific colleagues are antagonistic to faith in general, and from my viewpoint, to Christianity in particular. One must be able to follow the path of evidence where it leads without making that path the master. One should be able to participate in discussions appropriate to the audience being addressed and talk to the scientific world in scientific terms. Many of faith look at the conclusions of science and reject it out of hand if it at all challenges the smallest part of their beliefs. In many cases, it may be that the Lord is trying to correct a misinterpretation or misunderstanding.

I also believe that believers versed in the sciences should be able to give voice to other believers as how their scientific knowledge has strengthened their understanding of our very personal Lord.

This does not mean that everything bears the label science is equally valid or effective. In most cases, I would rather put my health in the hands of a main-stream doctor, who has submitted and continues to submit to the scrutiny of his peers than one that proclaims himself a provider of something more wonderful. This would not mean that my faith and trust in the Lord is in anyway compromised or divided. But most cases are not all cases. It takes time for a new idea to be accepted in the scientific world. I have grave reservations about this particular therapy, but there is a kernel of sanity in the technique, if not the explanation. I would avoid anything that was too costly.

I agree that it comes down to whether energy pathways (meridians) in our body are a scientifically provable fact. Until they are, I'll never know what energy I'm "playing" with and that's what bothers me the most.

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to reply to my question. I've been reading all the replies with great interest - you've given me a lot of food for thought. I've also been doing a lot of research on the side and am not sure anymore that EFT is the way for me to go. I think I'm going to distance myself for a while from the endless pondering of pros and cons and just keep a praying journal, see what insights I get. If EFT is right for me, I'm sure I'll be led to it again eventually.

and of course... tapping the back of the TV may or may not work sometimes....

but a "tap" or say a "pat on the back" of person does make a wonderful results...

kind words can make a world of difference : )

PROV 16:24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Back