Is Jealousy The Greatest Sin?

We ought to avoid terms such as "greatest", except when God's Word says it, such as when Christ was asked which is the "greatest" commandment. As for as the sin that shall not be forgiven is the sin of not believing, for all sin arrives back to the origin of not believing.

Love is the greatest commandment. Divine love is the cure for jealousy. Does this make jealousy the greatest sin? Note: the results of jealousy are theft, hatred, anger, malice and ultimately murder. You can see how Cain killed his brother, Abel out of jealousy. Genesis 4 :4-8

Read more here: http://jimakanbi.blogspot.com/2013/06/jealousy-attribute-which-is-silent.html

the answer is "ego" ..
ego is the root of all evil ..

jealousy also stems from ego ..

if you read the OT, it says satan was created perfect, a cherub with the highest position of all the angels (Eze 28:14) ..
because of this, he corrupted (absolute power corrupts absolutely Eze 28:17) meaning, only God can maintain a perfect state without corrupting .. Eze 28:12-19

because of ego, humans without perfection will even corrupt/sin ..

Last edited:
Love is the greatest commandment. Divine love is the cure for jealousy. Does this make jealousy the greatest sin? Note: the results of jealousy are theft, hatred, anger, malice and ultimately murder. You can see how Cain killed his brother, Abel out of jealousy. Genesis 4 :4-8

Read more here: http://jimakanbi.blogspot.com/2013/06/jealousy-attribute-which-is-silent.html

I looked again at your post, and agree it was jealousy as a motive for killing Abel ..
but that was the effect and not the cause ..
the first thing we are told, is Abel gave God the best of what he had ..
it seems Cain kept his best for himself .. so the jealousy Cain felt, resulted from his anger of God not being pleased, which indeed would have stemmed from his "ego" to keep to himself his best ..

Gen 4:4 Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering;

Gen 4:5 but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard. So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.

verse 4 makes a point of saying Abel gave the best part to God and God was pleased ..
so verse 5 saying God was not pleased, one would assume the reason God is not-pleased, must be for a heart reason .. as God would not be not-pleased if it was because of something Cain had no control over (such as a poor crop) ..

Last edited:
Adam and Eve sinned before this, and jealousy was not a factor, but was disobedience/rebellion which also stems from "ego" to put ones own will above God's ..

God Bless you ..

We ought to avoid terms such as "greatest", except when God's Word says it, such as when Christ was asked which is the "greatest" commandment. As for as the sin that shall not be forgiven is the sin of not believing, for all sin arrives back to the origin of not believing.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I believe you are quite right. Adam and Eve's first sin was unbelief; for they did not believe God when He said"...you shall surely die."

__________________________________________________________________________________

I believe you are quite right. Adam and Eve's first sin was unbelief; for they did not believe God when He said"...you shall surely die."

God was evasive in his command ..
satan was correct .. IF they ate the fruit, they in fact did not die (physically) ..
their sin was disobedience ..

Last edited:
so you think the HS did not inspire Paul ???
or you think scripture is wrong ???
LOL ..
Rom 5:19
For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

God was evasive in his command ..
satan was correct .. IF they ate the fruit, they in fact did not die (physically) ..
their sin was disobedience ..

My, my, my. God was evasive and satan was correct. Maybe God became a little nervous...I mean, maybe He thought that Adam and Eve would not die! Give satan the credit.
God knew Adam would sin, saying, "...but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die (dying you shall die)"
Man has been dying ever since, and at a quicker pace!
Unbelief was the root of sin; disobedience, its fruit.

My, my, my. God was evasive and satan was correct. Maybe God became a little nervous...I mean, maybe He thought that Adam and Eve would not die! Give satan the credit.
God knew Adam would sin, saying, "...but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die (dying you shall die)"
Man has been dying ever since, and at a quicker pace!
Unbelief was the root of sin; disobedience, its fruit.

you're an onager ..
God PURPOSELY left it "end open" so He could perfect mankind ..
and PLEASE do not call me "beloved" anymore ..
my stomach turns when you do ..

BTW .. here is an EGO test for you ..

For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG OR WILL YOU SAY SCRIPTURE IS WRONG ???

BTW .. here is an EGO test for you ..

WILL YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG OR WILL YOU SAY SCRIPTURE IS WRONG ???

An ego test contrived with the subtlety of a transparent egotist.

An ego test contrived with the subtlety of a transparent egotist.

I knew you would not admit you were wrong ..
(which is saying you would rather others disbelieve God's word then admit it)
and I knew you would post ..
and I knew you would use blame transfer ..
and I know who dwells within you ..
and God will NOT as long as you do not sweep your house ..

I'm logging off ..
so if you wish to bite me in the back, go ahead and post ..
(matters little to me)
if you take the offer, God told me He would if I asked it ..
my heart has ALL hope for you ..

I don't understand that why would feelings be sins. Didn't God create all feelings? Because we can't choose to feel a certain way, feelings come automatically and no one can control feelings. If someone is handsome or beautiful, ofcourse a person can get jealous of that person who is handsome or beautiful. Also, is the deadly sin thing to all Christian religions, or just Catholicism?

I don't understand that why would feelings be sins. Didn't God create all feelings? Because we can't choose to feel a certain way, feelings come automatically and no one can control feelings. If someone is handsome or beautiful, ofcourse a person can get jealous of that person who is handsome or beautiful. Also, is the deadly sin thing to all Christian religions, or just Catholicism?

We are not called to suppress feelings: but to be careful not allow our feeling to cause us to sin!

I don't understand that why would feelings be sins. Didn't God create all feelings?

no ..

Because we can't choose to feel a certain way, feelings come automatically and no one can control feelings.

incorrect .. feeling come from the heart and we can control the condition of our hearts ..

If someone is handsome or beautiful, ofcourse a person can get jealous of that person who is handsome or beautiful.

and of course they may not ..
it IS what kind of heart you are building for yourself ..

Also, is the deadly sin thing to all Christian religions, or just Catholicism?

all sin is deadly .. for the price of sin is death ..
many think it is erased through belief .. that is incorrect .. sin is erased by a change of heart .. aka not wanting to commit sin
that is the meaning of to REPENT ..

Last edited:
many people profess belief ..
yet what they profess is a lie by what they do ..

if I said I loved a woman .. my lips profess it ..
and if I do what is against her, is that really love ..
the same as that is NOT belief/love ..
belief = head only, but not my heart to SHOW my love ???
see where that gets you in any relation including with God ..

Back